KingLouieLouie76

Easley Being Showcased?

I cant believe they removed Jackson in favor of Easley for tonites (6/21/02) game.... Is Pujols a lunatic? Jackson has been impressive over the past cpl games and what has Easley really merited to be re-inserted into the line-up? My guess is he's showcasing him at this time or else, Pujols must be committed....

Halter commits a mental lapse on the Marlins first run....

Charles Johnson hits a liner that deflected off of Trubys chest into LF to score Preston Wilson (who got on w/a double)... Halter instead of throwing the ball to 2B, lobbed the ball into homeplate, which enabled Johnson to advance into 2B.....

Easley swings at the first pitch and hits a deep fly ball to CF, perhaps it was generous to classify it as deep because

Steve Sparks proceeded to hit a fly ball to the exact same spot...

Top 3rd.... 2 outs... 1-1

Castillo is leading-off the bottom of the 3rd to see if he can extend his streak....

We're just assuring the fact that these guys have no value whatsoever. Confirming for the scouts. Now that PuJols has done this he can play who he wants.

I guarantee you he doesn't want to play those clowns but he has to.

Yeah, it is a directive from DD to play the both of them... Lets hope someone is insane to remove those burdens off the Tigers shoulders... I wonder if Randy Smith will get another GM position, he would acquire them both in a heartbeat....

At least the Tigers are playing consistant baseball. By scoring one or two runs per game they are attempting to psyche the other teams out. Brilliant planning on their part.

Well that sucked. But I'll go again tomorrow, if only to yell at Halter again.

Randall Simon is cool. He and Fick kept looking around at the "crowd" on their way to the dugout, and pointing and giving thumbs up to Tigers fans. Simon threw a ball into the crowd after every inning. I think he tried to throw one to me, but it went a little too high.

Two hot chicks materialized at the rail by the dugout at the end of the game. I don't know what they expected to happen.

Well.... we managed to lose yet another one..... Lord, its the same old song.... The Four Tops were correct.... Its the same old song and dance, yeah Aerosmith also dubbed it right......

Those hot girls, eh? I bet they made someone proud! Had them RISE to the ocassion!!!!!!!

Damion Jackson is worth more than Easley because he is younger but Easley has a 5 million plus salary so its hard to bench him.

Easley is a better fielder and definately is no .150 hitter. He hits .260 every year with 10 homers or so which is nothing to write home about but is not the worst 2b in baseball either.

Jackson should play most games but Easley needs to see some time too...

I saw one of those potty chairs that sits over the toilet, the kind that old people and disabled people use. Someone had it in the driveway in front of their house and it said "$10. Never used". My wife works in a rehab place and says those things cost well over $100 new.

I think we are trying to sell a $10 potty for $100 in tryint to trade Easley or Halter for something.

So you bought the potty at 10% retail value, right? And now you're going to sell it on eBay?

Hang on to all Ben's stuff as he outgrows it. We gave away or threw away stuff we didn't need anymore, like chewed up toys and a used potty chair. If only there had been such a thing as eBay then.

Boy, these are the good old days!

Santiago, Jackson hot at top

The Tigers may have found a modicum of success with the combination of Ramon Santiago leading off and Damian Jackson batting second in the lineup. Detroit is 3-3 in games with that 1-2 punch. The two have combined for a .396 batting average with 11 runs and five RBIs. Santiago is hitting .375 (9-24) with seven runs scored, while Jackson has batted .417 (10-24) with four runs scored.

Whats soo hilarious is obviously is how Pujols in spite of this still elects Easley in favor of Jackson.... Obviously, they still want to give Easley as many opportunities to improve his trade value....

I think at some point (perhaps right after the trade deadline) the Tigers need to sit Easley and start Jackson regularly. They need to know if Jackson can be their regular second baseman or if Infante needs to be considered.

We won't be able to tell with Jackson playing 3 games every other week...

Do you really think that anyone out there is willing to take Halter, Easley, and Paquette?

There have been rumors that the Rockies were interested, but Neagle was rumored to be a part of that deal, and he can veto any trade offer. I read somewhere that he does not want to go to Detroit.

So, if not the Rockies, what team will pick up these guys, if any?