CapitalTigers

Weaver Takes Another Shot @ Guillen/ Tigers... enough, already?

This in Today's Detroit News that he told the Orange County Register regarding Guillen and retaliation next year:

"Is he going to have a job next year?" Weaver told the Orange County Register.

From The Detroit News: Detroit Tigers - MLB | Angels' Jered Weaver takes another shot at Tigers | The Detroit News

Enough's enough... His retaliation was the 92 mph fastball at our all-star catcher's head. I think I have a least favorite big leaguer now in Mr. Crybaby Weaver.

Bobby Abreau and Guillen aren't part of the Venezuelan Baseball establishment together? Bobby should pass Weaver a note.

On the other hand, anyone who saw the Community Episode where they played Advanced Dungeons and Dragons will note the motivating power of villainy...the Chevy Chase character gave the poor schlep Fat Neal a reason to live when he hounded him and made fun of him in D&D.

I am not so sure that is a nasty thing to say.. First off is Carlos going to have a job next year... and if he does, will it be with te Tigers.

There is always a chance Weaver and Guillen could be teammates next year

I am guessing the drama is close to over...

The Tigers/Angels playoff series will be epic.

That'd be fun...

It would only take Yankees/Red Sox winning the wildcard, and then the Tigers and Angels winning their divisions, so it's definitely possible.

Now is the time for Carlos Guillen to grab the microphone on the FS KC and FS Detroit broadcast and go Rick Flair or Rowdy Roddy McDowell-style heel.

I am not so sure that is a nasty thing to say.. First off is Carlos going to have a job next year... and if he does, will it be with te Tigers.

There is always a chance Weaver and Guillen could be teammates next year

I am guessing the drama is close to over...

Yeah that's kinda how I took it. Of course, Weaver said it in the douchiest way possible and was probably intending to be douchey with it, but, he does have a point.

There's no doubt Weaver took a shot at Guillen, but I'm not sold on this grudge thing. Weaver wasn't the one who brought it up. He was asked about it.

That'd be fun...

It would only take Yankees/Red Sox winning the wildcard, and then the Tigers and Angels winning their divisions, so it's definitely possible.

Wouldn't the Yankees/Red Sox winning the wild card prevent a Detroit/LA first round playoff since the Yankees and Red Sox couldn't play each other in the first round?

Wouldn't the Yankees/Red Sox winning the wild card prevent a Detroit/LA first round playoff since the Yankees and Red Sox couldn't play each other in the first round?

Yes. Both the Tigers and Angels would have to win the ALDS to play each other.

Reminds me of Yogi Berra's quote, "some guys, if they don't know, you can't tell em"

Weaver keeps on running his mouth and complains that he's not respected. DUH!

Now is the time for Carlos Guillen to grab the microphone on the FS KC and FS Detroit broadcast and go Rick Flair or Rowdy Roddy McDowell-style heel.

Rowdy Roddy McDowell? Roddy McDowell was an actor. Roddy Piper was a wrestler. :wink:

Rowdy Roddy McDowell? Roddy McDowell was an actor. Roddy Piper was a wrestler. :wink:

If he dons a Chimp mask...it would be even more shocking!

Best way to get back at Weaver is to be presented with a WS ring next opening day.

Best way to get back at Weaver is to be presented with a WS ring next opening day.

but, as he's accepting the WS trophy after the final out he denounces Jered Weaver and his entire stupid face family...while wearing a chimp mask...and doing a Scottish accent...it would also be good revenge.

It's not that big a deal. Move on, nothing to see here.

Agreed. People say stupid things all of the time. Just check the political forum.

It's not that big a deal. Move on, nothing to see here.

They were attacking the honor of the Chiefs!

TJ2L2SgPldU

again, this is all about knowing a weakness and capitalizing on it. Weaver has proven he has Jeff's temper. The veteran players involved in this sensed that, smelled blood and guess what? We won the game.

I also predict that Jared Weaver may be out of baseball before Carlos. Not too many people that throw across their body like he does last very long.

I also predict that Jared Weaver may be out of baseball before Carlos. Not too many people that throw across their body like he does last very long.

If Guillen goes into coaching, OK, I agree. I don't see Guillen comin back next season. Too brittle. And most teams are looking to go younger and cheaper. Guillen may get a one year offer, but I really think he's done.

The mere fact that Weaver keeps popping off does nothing but let teams know they can get to him and rattle him. And the funny thing is, he's too dumb to understand that. So was Jeff, so I guess he has someone to relate to....

Which really is a stupid rule.

Getting into Weaver's head seems pretty easy to do. The next guy to hit a HR against him only has to showboat and Weaver will throw a hissy fit. Of course, he doesn't give up many homers. The 2 he gave up to the Tigers were only the 7th and 8th of the season, IF I remember correctly. And I really don't care enough to even look it up. :classic: