Sign in to follow this  
Oblong

Boston Public Library releases old photos/Lots of Tigers shots

would like to thank a user from WSI, a Chicago native and die hard Boston fan, named Fenway, for posting this link. That's where I got it. I'm friends with him on facebook so I doubted he would mind. I spent an hour today looking through that.

DELLBAKERANDTOMMYBRIDGES--1937.png

Detroit Tigers coach Del Baker and Tommy Bridges holding a ball bag while sitting on the dugout steps at Fenway Park.

would like to thank a user from WSI, a Chicago native and die hard Boston fan, named Fenway, for posting this link. That's where I got it. I'm friends with him on facebook so I doubted he would mind. I spent an hour today looking through that.

THANKS ROB! They are entering the site's collection and I'm retouching them to make them pop too. Love this stuff!

TOMMYBRIDGES1937.png

Detroit Tiger Tommy Bridges holding a ball bag while sitting on the dugout steps at Fenway Park.

I have never ever seen these photos anywhere. This is soooo cool!

BridgesGehringerGreenbergWalker.png

Tommy Bridges, Charlie Gehringer, Hank Greenberg, and Gee Walker on dugout steps at Fenway Park.

WALKERgOSLINwHITE.png

Detroit Tigers Gee Walker, Leon "Goose" Goslin, and Jo-Jo White on the dugout steps at Fenway Park. 1934-36

ROWECOCHRANAUKERBRIDGESCROWDER.png

Detroit Tigers Lynwood "Schoolboy" Rowe, manager Mickey Cochrane, Eldon Auker, Tommy Bridges, and Alvin "General" Crowder standing on the dugout steps at Fenway Park.

COCHRANWITHWIFEANDPARENTS.png

Detroit Tiger manager Mickey Cochrane leaning on the railing, with his wife sitting between his parents at Fenway Park.

OWENCOCHRAN--1937.png

Detroit Tigers Marv Owen and manager Mickey Cochrane standing near the batting cage at Fenway Park in 1937.

SAILFISH.png

Detroit Tiger Gee Walker kneels at home plate surrounded by manager Mickey Cochrane and his Detroit teammates as two men in suits present a stuffed sailfish at Fenway Park.

SCHOOLBOYANDDIZZY.png

Detroit Tiger Lynwood "Schoolboy" Rowe and St. Louis Cardinal Dizzy Dean in front of the screen at Braves Field. JULY 7, 1936

TEBBITTSANDCOCHRAN.png

Detroit Tigers manager Mickey Cochrane shakes hands with the father of Detroit Tiger Birdie Tebbetts who's flanked by his parents at Fenway Park. 1937

AUKER.png

Detroit Tiger Eldon Auker sitting in the dugout at Fenway Park with his #13 facing the camera. Mid-'30s.

GREENBERGOWENROGELLGEHRINGER.png

Detroit Tigers Hank Greenberg, Marv Owen, Billy Rogell, and Charlie Gehringer on the dugout steps at Fenway Park. Mid-'30s.

anotherMC.png

Detroit Tiger player/manager Mickey Cochrane holding a bat on the dugout steps at Fenway Park. Mid-'30s.

JakewadeandUnkown.png

Detroit Tigers Jake Wade and unknown checking for rain on the dugout steps at Fenway Park. Mid-'30s.

GREENBERGOWENROGELLGEHRINGER.png

Detroit Tigers Hank Greenberg, Marv Owen, Billy Rogell, and Charlie Gehringer on the dugout steps at Fenway Park. Mid-'30s.

I love how the Fenway dugout wall is already cracking all along it's length 80 years ago. How do you hold a place together that is that old, and was probably thrown together in a hurry in the first place.