ROMAD1

Local Sports radio

Drew Sharp is back at the Free Press today with a new column posted online. Surprise, surprise, he is getting hammered by readers on the comment section. And Jeff Moss is of course the first person to comment on the story.

ESPN961 has finally decided on their full time replacement for Sean. Drew is back along with Jim Costa. I'm real happy to hear Drew again and although Jim isn't my favorite there were other hosts recently that I thought were worse.

ESPN961 has finally decided on their full time replacement for Sean. Drew is back along with Jim Costa. I'm real happy to hear Drew again and although Jim isn't my favorite there were other hosts recently that I thought were worse.

As in Big Droo? Seems lie an amiable host.

Yup, Big Droo! Can't quite tell if he's considered the lead host or the co-host, but I'm happy to hear him back on the airwaves. I'm also happy that Grant Stoye is still involved as a producer. He doesn't get quite the mic time as he did during the end of Sean's run, but that may change when Tigers talk gets going again.

More funny stuff from DSR regarding drew sharp.

DSR and drew sharp have word for word identical articles posted. The DSR one is by someone named Craig Russett and the freep's is Drew Sharp.

The time stamps for the articles are an hour apart, with the DSR one being posted first. Of course, I'm fairly certain the DSR is just trolling sharp by copying his article and fudging the time stamp.

I think it's pretty funny at least.

Moss is over the top of course, but he entertains me for sure. Can't believe I actually watched most of that periscope video where he drives to the Fox studios to argue with that guy who called him out, it was so stupid. Reposting the sharp article is a pretty funny troll. One of his guys actually got both Valenti and Foster to comment on Drew Sharp today too.

I like Mike Valenti on the Ticket. I think he and Terry Foster make a good radio team. They are a lot more entertaining than any of the chuckleheads on 670 The Score here in Chicago. I like how they discuss controversial non-sports topics occasionally. It's not unlike venturing into the MotownSports Political Forum.

They are strictly contrarians. Whatever rabbles the roosters. Doesn't matter who they tick off. They want listeners to choose between them and the Lions. I choose the Lions.

My take on Valenti re: the Lions is he is quite hard on their moves in general and falls back on 'look at their history' as a defense to being critical.

That written, I think the vast majority of the points he raises have merit at a minimum, and I'd say something between some to most are well argued, even if I happen to disagree with his position on the specific point in question.

I don't think he really is all that contrarian WRT the Lions.

I think his football analysis is better than other sports, especially compared to baseball, where I think he is pretty weak, TBH.

I didn't hear it, but I'd guess he said given where the team is at with their long term financial commitments it was a move they had to make because they are effectively pushed all in.

He wasn't too high on the move from the few minutes I listened... said he was too streaky.

That's OK. I caught wind of the local radio afternoon show's tweet:

ESPN 1065 The Ticket

‏@SportsRadio1065

Did the @tigers pay too much money for a player on the decline? Call 866.240.1065 to discuss on The Ticket!

Further on down the host brings on AVG. Yes, AVG. We're in 2016 and AVG is the scale to use for hitters.

Sounds like my routine of listening to audiobooks on my commute, instead of sports radio, will continue.

More funny stuff from DSR regarding drew sharp.

DSR and drew sharp have word for word identical articles posted. The DSR one is by someone named Craig Russett and the freep's is Drew Sharp.

The time stamps for the articles are an hour apart, with the DSR one being posted first. Of course, I'm fairly certain the DSR is just trolling sharp by copying his article and fudging the time stamp.

I think it's pretty funny at least.

He's now turned his vile on the guy Sharp plagarized.... because the guy wanted people to stop mentioning him in Drew Sharp tweets. Calling him a coward and 'wussy' (without the W) and making fun of him for being religious who didn't know the word 'cuckold'.

Listening to their podcast reminds me of two guys playing dungeons and dragons. They are to sports and media what Jay Mohr is to comedy.

He's now turned his vile on the guy Sharp plagarized.... because the guy wanted people to stop mentioning him in Drew Sharp tweets. Calling him a coward and 'wussy' (without the W) and making fun of him for being religious who didn't know the word 'cuckold'.

Listening to their podcast reminds me of two guys playing dungeons and dragons. They are to sports and media what Jay Mohr is to comedy.

LOOK AT ME........PAY ATTENTION TO ME............NOBODY IS PAYING ATTENTION TO ME.............OVER HERE..........OVER HERE...........YOU'RE NOT LOOKING BECAUSE YOU SUCK AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS UGLY AND YOU GOT DRUNK IN PUBLIC ONCE AND WE HAVE THE RECORDS AND WE'LL POST THEM...........AND YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO ME............NO, OVER HERE, ME, ME, ME

Sounds like hair-splitting.

It's not hair-splitting. There are horrible to deal with and anyone that has to deal with them hates them. Believe me, the staff - all the staff - at CBS was celebrating when the Lions went elsewhere. They really didn't make that much off the Lions anyway.

Did anyone listen today to 97.1 (2p - 7p)?            They did a bit called "What Did Slay Say?".   The played excerpts from Lions player Darius Slay's Periscope rant about the Lakers scandal.  I guess it went on for 29 mintues, but they pulled out 5 - 10 second snippets to see if anyone could understand what the **** he was saying.  

It was extremely funny and I hope they do it again.    Listening to Slay reminded me of the first time I saw Trainspotting.........Spud, like Slay was speaking English, but I had no idea what the **** he was saying.  

19 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Did anyone listen today to 97.1 (2p - 7p)?            They did a bit called "What Did Slay Say?".   The played excerpts from Lions player Darius Slay's Periscope rant about the Lakers scandal.  I guess it went on for 29 mintues, but they pulled out 5 - 10 second snippets to see if anyone could understand what the **** he was saying.  

It was extremely funny and I hope they do it again.    Listening to Slay reminded me of the first time I saw Trainspotting.........Spud, like Slay was speaking English, but I had no idea what the **** he was saying.  

Yeah I heard that..  LOL!  I guess that was total ebonics?

33 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

No, I don't know what that was, but it wasn't ebonics.    

Definitely some sort of alien language!

You can understand ebonics.  It's just a different take on English, but completely understandable.     I don't know what the heck Slay was speaking.  Slayish?  

Callers, who were more than likely black, were calling in and clowning on Terry for not being able to understand what he said. They were telling him it is a southern thing and that he should have been able to understand Slay. It was hilarious!

I was really liking the Detroit Cast podcast. I actually find it entertaining. But the main host is really enamored with a certain political figure and I just can't take the spin anymore.

Maybe I'll come back to it after the elections.