Sign in to follow this  
hueytaxi

Lakeland

The Lakeland Flying Tigers card set will be available this Friday night. I don't know exactly how they handle email or phone orders, but here is the contact person in Lakeland:

Concessions and Merchandise Manager

Elise Aronson

elise.aronson@centerplate.com

(863) 413-4176

I always pick up 5-10 sets for players who have moved up or down that might have a card.

Thanks Roger. For some reason Lakeland doesn't have a shop section on their official website, unless I'm overlooking it. Toledo has their 2011 set for sale on their site. Erie and West Michigan have 2011 plus past seasons. Connecticut doesn't have 2011 up yet, but 2010 is for sale along with some past Oneonta sets.

The team sets are a good value for $5-10. It's difficult finding the individual cards online for less than $1.50-$2.50 a piece.

Not sure about the "Flint" style dawgs....I know they sold something different at ST this year. The cards are usually $8-10 a set, so I buy 5 extra $5 tickets and get them for the price of the seats on the give away night. there will be kids like Jordan Pratt who will not be here to get a set and I'll save one or mail it to his dad. For several years they only ordered a minimum amount and they were not available a month later.

Edit: Looked up the "flint" style and I don't think we have them regular season. The staff went north last Fall to try them and decided on the Koegel and the sauce. Now we are back to a decent all beef dawg.

Edited by hueytaxi

Not sure about the "Flint" style dawgs....I know they sold something different at ST this year. The cards are usually $8-10 a set, so I buy 5 extra $5 tickets and get them for the price of the seats on the give away night. there will be kids like Jordan Pratt who will not be here to get a set and I'll save one or mail it to his dad. For several years they only ordered a minimum amount and they were not available a month later.

Edit: Looked up the "flint" style and I don't think we have them regular season. The staff went north last Fall to try them and decided on the Koegel and the sauce. Now we are back to a decent all beef dawg.

We were there this past year for Tigers Spring Training and there was a booth selling 'Flint style' hot dogs. I bought 2 before we hit our seats and stood in the concourse eating them. Some guy came up and asked me, while I was eating them, what was so special about a 'Flint style' hot dog and I had to say I really didnt know it was basically just a coney dog, but it did have a little hamburger on it and tasted pretty amazing. I think the guy was from Wyoming or something.

I am fairly confident the wife and I will be at every spring training the Tigers have from here on out. The wife likes the hot weather and the Tigers so I may be able to pull it off.

We were there this past year for Tigers Spring Training and there was a booth selling 'Flint style' hot dogs. I bought 2 before we hit our seats and stood in the concourse eating them. Some guy came up and asked me, while I was eating them, what was so special about a 'Flint style' hot dog and I had to say I really didnt know it was basically just a coney dog, but it did have a little hamburger on it and tasted pretty amazing. I think the guy was from Wyoming or something.

I am fairly confident the wife and I will be at every spring training the Tigers have from here on out. The wife likes the hot weather and the Tigers so I may be able to pull it off.

They used Koegel hotdogs, which, aside from Hebrew National, are the best.

Great woman there.

They used Koegel hotdogs, which, aside from Hebrew National, are the best.

I went to a superbowl party at a friends house who had hot dogs for everyone. He had EVERY choice there. Koegels, Hebrews, ball parks, dearborn sausage, and a couple others.

I do like Koegel as well.

Great woman there.

She's a keeper. Glad I put her under my spell and got her to say 'I do'.

We did 2 games this past year, but would guess we only do 1 next year because we will most likely stay in Clearwater again and that is a little hike when you are only spending a couple days there.

The Lakeland Flying Tigers card set will be available this Friday night. I don't know exactly how they handle email or phone orders, but here is the contact person in Lakeland:

Concessions and Merchandise Manager

Elise Aronson

elise.aronson@centerplate.com

(863) 413-4176

I always pick up 5-10 sets for players who have moved up or down that might have a card.

Card sets were actually available last week, they're just FREE on Friday. They are priced at $8. If anyone needs one and has trouble getting them through Lakeland directly, shoot me a PM and I'd have no problem sending them out. I bought a few for folks on another site and $10 covered the set and shipping.

EDIT: Just read Hueys idea and I may be able to get them to you for $7 if I know before Friday. $5 for the ticket and $2 for shipping.

Edited by Dirk Diggler

Everytime I see a post about Lakeland on here I think of those 'Flint' style hot dogs and immediately get hungry.

When my parents visit from Flint, it's an unwritten rule that they must have Koegels viennas, Flint coney sauce and Koegels pickled bologna with them in order to enter our home. :happy:

Card sets were actually available last week, they're just FREE on Friday. They are priced at $8. If anyone needs one and has trouble getting them through Lakeland directly, shoot me a PM and I'd have no problem sending them out. I bought a few for folks on another site and $10 covered the set and shipping.

EDIT: Just read Hueys idea and I may be able to get them to you for $7 if I know before Friday. $5 for the ticket and $2 for shipping.

I don't mind helping either. I've met good people in the past doing this and received some nice returns because of it.

The Flint dogs were great! They had a stand on the 3rd base side this year. I ate way too many of the chili dogs from that stand.

This was my first year with season tickets for spring training. We live about 90 minutes away, it was worth the drive every day. There's something different about spring training; it's a great time.