alwaysthrowheat

The Trade Deadline

Rockies wouldn't be making available a stud pitcher who was lights out most of last year, and has a good contract. Anyone that knows baseball understands that at his age you don't lose 3-4 mph on your fastball without problems.

4th player is Joe Gardner.

A team on the verge of being 52-52 guts their team for a starting pitcher who may be injured? You would think Cleveland would look to build off this season instead of going for it this year.

He gone.

Cleveland gives up a ton here... Overpaid, but this may be the first year that they can get to the playoffs with such a weak division. Interesting stuff...

I'll still take our rotation and offense over theirs.

Rockies wouldn't be making available a stud pitcher who was lights out most of last year, and has a good contract. Anyone that knows baseball understands that at his age you don't lose 3-4 mph on your fastball without problems.

Truthfully I didn't think there was anything wrong with him until I heard they denied a physical, smells fishy.

Couldn't agree more... He's still young and has long considerable amount on that FB. I would be concerned as a Cleveland fan.

Keep this in mind too... beginning this year he had the thumb injury. Injuries 'heal', but sometimes not the way they once were... something to ponder, he wasn't 'right' per the manager on April 6, 2011.

"If he's not ready, then what can that lead to?" manager Jim Tracy said this morning as the Rockies prepared to play the Dodgers this afternoon. "I don't want to be involved in something like that. We need to make sure he is right."

It seems that ubaldo hasn't been right since last year's all star break. Anybody have stats of him pitching against AL teams?

MTS is great.

When the Tigers try to deal for Jimenez, he's a #1 or #2 who pitches well away from Coors despite the loss of velocity.

When the Indians trade for him, he's a guy with a probable arm problem and a bad trade.

Good grief. Good for the Indians for taking their shot. Hope they fall short, but glad to see them make a move.

It seems that ubaldo hasn't been right since last year's all star break. Anybody have stats of him pitching against AL teams?

I saw them today, I can't remember exactly but his ERA was a shade over 4 if I remember correctly.

Edit: In 12 starts, 6-4 with a 4.08 ERA, 1.39 WHIP, 7.3 K/9, 2.29 BB/9.

Edited by Dunkin Darvin

MTS is great.

When the Tigers try to deal for Jimenez, he's a #1 or #2 who pitches well away from Coors despite the loss of velocity.

When the Indians trade for him, he's a guy with a probable arm problem and a bad trade.

Good grief. Good for the Indians for taking their shot. Hope they fall short, but glad to see them make a move.

If the Tigers traded for Jimenez and Colorado refused a physical, I would be concerned.

Jiminez on the White Sox or Twins would scare the living daylights out of me. But for some reason, Jiminez on the Indians does not. I just do not think the Indians have enough other talent to win this division.

If the Tigers traded for Jimenez and Colorado refused a physical, I would be concerned.

I'm with you, the fact that he didn't take a physical wouldn't worry me so much but the fact that Colorado refused it would make me concerned as well.

I'm happy about this. Tigers get a guy who's having a better year than Ubaldo, is way cheaper and controlled longer and they don't give up much. The Indians, who aren't for real, blow up the farm for a guy who will probably be pretty good for them but isn't going to make much of a difference.

I'm not happy that UJ is in the AL Central. As stated above, better Cleveland than Minny or Chicago. Either way, I wish he was a Tiger.

Can someone compare the players that the Indians gave up to Detroit prospects?

Is it kinda like the Indians gave up Turner, Oliver, Castellanos etc...

I am happy with Fister, I do think he could help more immediately than Jiminez and love that we have control for a long time.

The players sent to Colrado, how do they compare with what Detroit was offering?

Seems like it's nowhere near Turner, Scherzer or Porcello type of deal. I'm confused.

Is it kinda like the Indians gave up Turner, Oliver, Castellanos etc...

I'd love to know what people think.

It appears basically Turner and Porcello. Pomeranz was the 14th ranked prospect. Detroit really doesn't have a pitching prospect as good as Alex White so I guess Porcello would be the closest.

Fricking Indians win again in their final AB....when was the last walk off for Detroit?

It appears basically Turner and Porcello. Pomeranz was the 14th ranked prospect. Detroit really doesn't have a pitching prospect as good as Alex White so I guess Porcello would be the closest.

Turner is ranked higher than both of those guys by BA, and I can't find Matt McBride.