mavscougars

White Sox and Twins still scare me

The Sox are mystifying to me.

With the hitters they have and the pitching, they should own this division.

Who would've thought Dunn would fail so miserably?

The Twins are the opposite.

I never quite get how they manage to contend with that bunch year after year.

Twins just lost a DH at home when they really need to get off the mat.

They do this just to mess with Tiger fans.

The Twins will still get tons of credit for being ready to make a surge. Could you imagine if the Tigers dropped both games of a double-header right now? Someone would get shot.

For all the hand-wringing about the Twins, after the DH sweep today, they've made up one game in the last month, and that's despite Detroit and Cleveland sort of fumbling along around .500. No, they're not buried, but they still have more holes than any of the other three teams contending in this division.

Chicago still scares me, but then I'll watch them for a few games and can't figure them out at all.

For all the hand-wringing about the Twins, after the DH sweep today, they've made up one game in the last month, and that's despite Detroit and Cleveland sort of fumbling along around .500. No, they're not buried, but they still have more holes than any of the other three teams contending in this division.

Chicago still scares me, but then I'll watch them for a few games and can't figure them out at all.

Dude, change your handle. 2/3rds of your name sucks now. In fact, JV is probably going to be next to blow an elbow and it's going to be your fault.

I think you just summed up the White Sox' entire season.

Dude, change your handle. 2/3rds of your name sucks now. In fact, JV is probably going to be next to blow an elbow and it's going to be your fault.

At least I didn't include Neifi.

If the Indians end up as A.L. Central champs I could quite happily live with that!

A team who no super high paid 'superstars' and seemingly winning with a manager who seems to be well appreciated by his players and making all the right moves with what he has. Makes me wonder how a team that is financially unable to keep Cliff Lee and C.C. Sabathia and still contend with what they have.

Mr. I and DD mave have the big buck to make big moves, but Cleveland certainly seems to have a winning spirit that may just get them overe the line. If they come out higher than Detroit at the end of the season, then Mr. Ilitch certainly should be thinking of huge managerial moves in the off season.

But hey, what do I know? We are still only one game outta first - SO GO TIGERS!

If the Indians end up as A.L. Central champs I could quite happily live with that!

Not me. I will spitefully hope they get trounced by the Yankees in the ALDS if they win the Central.

Not me. That means the Tigers (a) didn't win the division and (b) did not make the playoffs. That will be hard to live with.

The Indians and Royals are the teams I'd hate to see win the AL Central. At least the Sox and Twins have large payrolls and are trying to win this year. Plus I do not want the Tigers to be the last AL Central team to win the division. Stuff like that matters to me.

Bookmark this post and mock me later if I'm wrong: The Royals will win the AL Central in 2013 (if the AL Central still exists in it's current state).

Based on the rankings of their prospects I don't think anybody should mock you. I don't follow that stuff like I should but from what I see it sounds like their system is crazy stacked.

Here's the American League Central Race in a nutshell (so far):

upperclass-twit.jpg

upperclass_twit2.jpg

Upper-Class-Twit-of-the-Year-monty-python-10983815-460-288.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToE1iGg9ZGuoYfMbI8ez7w9Lw22JwQZxZd09dNNtZgBqULoDe6&t=1

In 6 days - IF Tigers take 2 of 3 from Twins and Chi Sox, Cleveland takes 2 of 3 from Chi Sox, and Texas takes 2 of 3 from Twins, Tigers would be 7 games ahead of Chi Sox and 8 games ahead of Twins. - Delete Thread

What I would like to see:

Take 3-4 from the Twinks in the current series.

Sweeping Chicago

Indians losing 2-3 against Chicago in this up coming series

Twins lose 2-3 against the Rangers

Indians losing 2-3 against the Angels

Tigers: 58-47

Indians: 53-50

Chicago: 50-54

Twinks: 48-57

Giving us 5 games (?) in the division.

Sweeping Chicago would be the most unlikey in that scenario.

Where's "Roman Maronie"?

I would think such a loyal "Tigers Fan" would be here to celebrate the great play by our Tigers.

:cool:

At the risk of sounding cocky, I fear no team.

Ok, maybe the Phillies because of that pitching, but obviously I'd be getting ahead of myself by starting to think about them.

Where's "Roman Maronie"?

I would think such a loyal "Tigers Fan" would be here to celebrate the great play by our Tigers.

:cool:

I don't blame anyone for being previously skeptical

I sure as hell remember several posters here laughing at the notion that Minnesota still had a chance in '09. And when they pulled their usual stunt, they weren't laughing anymore.

Much less, were nowhere to be found