mavscougars

White Sox and Twins still scare me

I've designated Ambassador Bridge as my jumping-off bridge in the event of another epic Tigers collapse. You?

Someone sold me the Brooklyn Bridge when I was up in New York so I have deemed that my personal jumping bridge.

Someone sold me the Brooklyn Bridge when I was up in New York so I have deemed that my personal jumping bridge.

Nice.

If I lived in San Francisco, I'd jump off the Bay Bridge. Not the Golden Gate Bridge, everyone tries to jump off that one.

I hope not.

Give them no hope.

Maybe just let them win one to cool the Sox a bit.

Twins are getting at least 3 wins over the next three days.

If the White Sox dye their facial hair bright purple or something maybe they can salvage a win!

I think the Tigers have the easier schedule, a better line up and a better chance.
Just to clear up this argument a little bit, here is the games we have left against each team this year (non inter-league):

2011 Detroit Tigers Sortable Schedule | tigers.com: Schedule

East:

Yankees - NONE

Red Sox - NONE

Blue Jays - 1 vs PPD (6/27) = 1

Rays - 4 at (8/22-8/25) = 4

Orioles - 3 at (8/12-8/14), 4 vs (9/22-9/25) = 7

Central:

White Sox - 3 vs (7/15-7/17), 3 at (7/25-7/27), 3 vs (9/2-9/4), 3 at (9/12-9/14) = 12

Twins - 4 at (7/21-7/24), 3 vs (8/15-8/17), 3 at (8/26-8/28), 3 vs (9/9-9/11) = 13

Indians - 3 vs (6/14-6/16), 3 at (8/9-8/11), 3 vs (8/19-8/21), 3 at (9/5-9/7), 3 vs (9/26-9/28) = 15

Royals - 4 at (7/7-7/10), 3 at (8/5-8/7), 4 vs (8/29-9/1), 2 at (9/20-9/21) = 13

West:

Athletics - 2 vs (7/19-7/20), 4 at (9/15-9/18) = 6

Angels - 3 at (7/4-7/6), 4 vs (7/28-7/31) = 7

Rangers - 3 vs (8/2-8/4) = 3

Mariners - NONE

The facts are that CHW, TOR, BAL, LAA are the only teams at the .500 mark (32 games); TB, CLE, TEX are looking to be above that mark for awhile at this rate (25 games); and OAK, MIN, KC should just begin their trade deadline fire sales today (32 games). If we assume that there is no major developments in the standings, my fears lie in this order.

#1 Cleveland (if everybody is healthy they are troubling)

#2 Interleague Play (I would like to finish that with an overall winning record in order to relieve my fear)

#3 KC/MIN (KC has hurt us in playoff runs before, and MIN is able to figure it out every year as long as Gardenhire is in charge)

#4 CHW (because they are a division team, but we have beat up on them nicely so far this year)

Morneau hitting the 15 day DL now. Good luck with that, losers.

Is he a reason for their streak? I hope so

Actually he's 2-27 in June, but I can't imagine who they're going to dig up to play first now.
They will have to call up Parmelee from AAA or play Cuddyer there (which I think he has played there, but it has been a while). I am picturing right now how the fans of the Rochester Red Wings are feeling right now since there team is mostly AA players after the Twins demise so far this year.

They will have to call up Parmelee from AAA or play Cuddyer there (which I think he has played there, but it has been a while). I am picturing right now how the fans of the Rochester Red Wings are feeling right now since there team is mostly AA players after the Twins demise so far this year.

I have a friend who's a Rochester Red Wings fan from Buffalo, and he absolutely despises the Twins. This will be fun.

I'm rooting for the Twins to get close enough to pull off another Capps for Ramos trade at the deadline, and then end up slightly above .500 to where signing a type A free agent would cost them their 1st round pick.

I have already pronounced my Twinkies dead multiple times. But somehow they look like they might have a pulse..:grin:

I blame you guys for not running away with this mediocre division.:ermm:

A swing and a miss for Antrat :wink: I thought we went over this last year. I am a Tiger fan living in Minnesota. Kinda creepy though your looking at IP's on an opinion message board though :paranoid:

Sure thing, Scotty.

Funny how you never post about anything except when the Twins are playing well.

And I don't even know how to look at IPs.

I can just smell a troll from a mile away.

Typical Scotty tactics. Tsk tsk.

:smoker:

Edited by Antrat

I can't believe anybody would count the Twins out at this point given history.

The history is irrelevant though, unless you think Twins management has some secret recipe for second half comebacks. I'm counting them out because despite their recent hot streak I think this is one of the weakest Twins teams I've seen. If they're able to come back and play .600 ball the rest of the year with this group then I guess the Tigers should try hiring some of their coaches/players

Are people saying the Twins will come back to win the division just because they did it in '06 and '09 or because they actually think they're a legitimate threat?

They'll have to leapfrog three teams, two of which I believe are better and deeper than the Twins, to do it. If they manage it and take the division, kudos to them, they deserve it.

Twins suck, Indians suck, Royals suck. White Sox are OK. If Adam Dunn starts hitting and Peavy keeps his body parts attached they will give the Tigers a run
This is how the standings should look all the time. No divisions!

Yes to all of the above.

BUMP.

RIP White Sox.

No need to fear the Sox anymore, THEY GAWN!

Going into the all star break I had em going 25-45 in the second half. I checked their second half schedule, I don't even think they'll do that good. :tired:

Edited by whitesox901

Indians ain't going away against the Orioles this weekend.

1. The birds are kinda already beaten

2. Temps are very moderate around here this week. It won't be the blistering humid place to play it has been.