mavscougars

White Sox and Twins still scare me

As decimated as they've been, the Twins have shown signs of life lately. I wonder if they dug themselves too deep a hole to get out of and contend for the division. Even if that is the case, they still have a chance to be a spoiler of sorts. It's cool that the Tigers were able to kick them when they were down earlier in the season, but they still have 13 games left with the Twins. The Twins are still going to need to be dealt with.

The Twins could come back, it's probably to early to call them dead. But I this years Twins team is not the same as 2009 or 2006. They have a lot of ground to make up before we should take notice. Personally I would love for the Tigers to take care of their own business. I would love to see a strong second half push by the Tigers. Something like 35-20-down the stretch, would be awesome and we wouldn't have to worry about the Twins if we did that.

9JDBY.jpg

The twins are in last place. In the entire AL. Maybe once they move up to say 12th place, I'll worry a little

90 is going to get it done in the central. Twinks would have to go 64-36 to get there the rest of the way. It is possible. Anything is right? They would have to lose just 3 more games in the next 100 than they did in the first 65.

Unless two teams in this awful division make major upgrades at the trade deadline 85 wins will be enough.

Unless two teams in this awful division make major upgrades at the trade deadline 85 wins will be enough.

I hope you're right, but I have a feeling it is going to take more than 85.

I dont know, I would call the Twins toast yet. In 10 days they went from 16.5 back in the division to 9 games back. Thats making up some serious ground in a short amount of time. If Mauer and Morneau can comeback and be healthy the rest of the season, then they could be dangerous again. 9 GB with 100 games to go is very doable.

The Twins made up 7-1/2 games in 10 days on Cleveland, a team I think they eventually do pass. They made up little or nothing on Detroit and Chicago despite thier winning streak.

I will never, ever, count out the Twins until they are 100% mathematically out of it.

Word! Regardless of how challenging the math looks right now.....the Twinkies have come back so many thimes I always look at the daily scores hoping they have lost.

Old wounds take time to heal. Some of what they have inflicted on us will take even longer to heal!

Sox and Indians are still teams to watch. Indians are in a slump and we have to put the wood to them over the next few days......but there is still a long way to go!

Indians are not a good road team.....but have played great at home. We need to hammer them over the next few days and reduce their confidence level to 0%. We need a sweep to do that!

I always thought it was crazy how you get 3 when you sweep a 3 game against a division foe, but lose once and you only get 1 game.

It just doesnt seem right.

I always thought it was crazy how you get 3 when you sweep a 3 game against a division foe, but lose once and you only get 1 game.

It just doesnt seem right.

lol, math befuddles you I see.

Please to explain?

Just busting your balls, Im sure youre comfortable with the math aspect of winning two out of three.

9JDBY.jpg

The twins are in last place. In the entire AL. Maybe once they move up to say 12th place, I'll worry a little

Exactly. I mean sure, they gained on the Indians, but how much have they gained on the Tigers during their crazy hot streak? Virtually nothing...

Please to explain?

Tigers beat the Indians, they gain 1 game (+1)

Total = 3 games gained (+3)

Versus

Indians beat the Tigers, they lose 1 game (-1)

Total = 1 game gained (+1)

9JDBY.jpg

Isnt it cool to see the Tigers up there? I mean better than LAST place right? Or even anywhere in the middle. It is fun watching them play well even if it is a mediocre division.

Total = 3 games gained (+3)

Versus

Indians beat the Tigers, they lose 1 game (-1)

Total = 1 game gained (+1)

Uhhh....... yeah that is what I said.

9JDBY.jpg

This is how the standings should look all the time. No divisions!

I will never, ever, count out the Twins until they are 100% mathematically out of it.
This.

Plus anyone who thinks the Indians will still be in it by the end of July is on some pretty good stuff.

The Twins are toast. But the White Sox are still the best team in the division.

The Indians are just about done. It's going to come down to the Sox and Tigers.

Give it to the ChiSox then, the Tigers don't have enough games on them to make it through their annual upcoming end of season collapse.

If the Tigers stay relatively healthy they will likely have a better second half. The schedule is easier in the second half.

If Verlander, Cabrera and Martinez collide catching a pop up then they will have another second half collapse.

The Twins are obviously going to come back to win the division in the final weeks with yet another preternatural 19-3 run like they always do and then I'll feel superior for predicting their comeback while, at the same time, also feeling depressed about the Tigers.

I feel like I should make this a SomeEcard in the event the Twins do come back.

If the Tigers stay relatively healthy they will likely have a better second half. The schedule is easier in the second half.

If Verlander, Cabrera and Martinez collide catching a pop up then they will have another second half collapse.

You shut your mouth!

The Twins are obviously going to come back to win the division in the final weeks with yet another preternatural 19-3 run like they always do and then I'll feel superior for predicting their comeback while, at the same time, also feeling depressed about the Tigers.

I feel like I should make this a SomeEcard in the event the Twins do come back.

I probably would jump off of a bridge.

I probably would jump off of a bridge.

I've designated Ambassador Bridge as my jumping-off bridge in the event of another epic Tigers collapse. You?