mavscougars

White Sox and Twins still scare me

The Tigers are tied for first with the Indians, but for some reason I'm still scared to death about the White Sox and Twins. I think before it's said and done that both these teams will be there by seasons end. What are your thoughts?

(1) Tigers

(2) White Sox

(3) Twins

(4) Indians

(5) Royals

Open the cream cheese and smear it on the Twins. They're toast.

The Sox have enough players performing worse than last year that they might have a chance if they get rolling.

I think the Tigers have the easier schedule, a better line up and a better chance.

I'm agreeing with you. The Sox are not out of this.....and though many think the Twins are toast, I'm not believing it just yet. The Tigers need to surge surge surge and not give away any games. There are times that I beleive Leyland basically just gives up a free game for some reason. I hope that's not in the cards.

I think in the end it'll come down to the Tigers, White Sox and Indians.

Unless Mauer returns from the dead, their pitching staff sorts itself out, and the fill-ins perform well, I don't see the Twins winning the division. It could happen because it's the Twins, and it's what they do, but I won't start worrying about them until they get close to .500.

The Twins are only 10 games or so behind the TIgers and we have seen them win before without Nathan and Morneau. But this year they have nothing. Kubel, Thome, Mauer, Nathan all are remnants of themselves or on the bench. But I still root for them to lose every game because I remember 2006 and 2009.

Just read my signature line and you will see how alot of us feel.

The Twins are toast. But the White Sox are still the best team in the division.

The Indians are just about done. It's going to come down to the Sox and Tigers.

For the remainder of june and in their next 15 games the White Sox play the Twins, D-Backs, Cubs, Nationals and Rockies. Not the toughest schedule on earth.

In the same time period Tigers play 17 games against the Indians, D-Backs, Dodgers, Rockies, Mets, and makeups with the Rays and Jays.

I'd say both teams have the chance to excel during this period.

The Twins have won 8 out of their last 10 games; granted they've played some teams that have been struggling but that's still without some of their key players.

They dug themselves a pretty deep hole and I hope it's enough to keep them out of it. But I consider them to be one of the two bedbugs of baseball.

I will never, ever, count out the Twins until they are 100% mathematically out of it.

Even then, you know that they will lose their last game when the Tigers need them to win...

If the Twins come back from this horrible start, I will quit watching baseball.

It's either that or have an aneurism.

The Twins have only played 24 games at home and 40 on the road. They are in the middle of a 10-game homestand now, have one 12-game homestand in July and one 11-game homestand in August. They, by far, have the best schedule down the stretch. They scare me too.

Edited by MattP

The Twins are only 10 games or so behind the TIgers and we have seen them win before without Nathan and Morneau. But this year they have nothing. Kubel, Thome, Mauer, Nathan all are remnants of themselves or on the bench. But I still root for them to lose every game because I remember 2006 and 2009.

Just read my signature line and you will see how alot of us feel.

Almost right, Kubel's been arguably their best player. .310 with an .820 OPS.

Let me know when the Twins get to at least 5 games below .500. Then I will start to think they are something other than burnt toast.

I would never count the Twins out until they are mathematically eliminated.

Twins are 8-2 in their last 10 and Mauer should be coming off the DL in the next week or so...

I will never, ever, count out the Twins until they are 100% mathematically out of it.

This. I've counted them out too many times only to regret it.

The Twins of the past years were never this bad. They were always around .500 or above at this time of the year. Let's not go crazy.

Twins suck, Indians suck, Royals suck. White Sox are OK. If Adam Dunn starts hitting and Peavy keeps his body parts attached they will give the Tigers a run

Almost right, Kubel's been arguably their best player. .310 with an .820 OPS.

But Kubel has been on the disabled list since May 30. In that time the Twins have gone 9-2 in their last 11 games.

They are now only 9 games out of 1st place. I think in 2006 they were 10 games out with about 40 games to play and overtook the Tigers.

Twins are 8-2 in their last 10 and Mauer should be coming off the DL in the next week or so...

Congratulations to the Minnesota Twins, 2011 AL Cent ... Meh.

But Kubel has been on the disabled list since May 30. In that time the Twins have gone 9-2 in their last 11 games.

They are now only 9 games out of 1st place. I think in 2006 they were 10 games out with about 40 games to play and overtook the Tigers.

But the calculus is getting to 87+ wins. The Tigers, Sox, and Indians will not lose every game the rest of the way. They've never been this bad this late in the year. If they play .650 baseball for 100 games, you're right. Nothing in that team's talent says it's going to happen.