SpartanValor

MSU Football 2012 Recruiting Thread

Can you link me up? You always ask -- with an attitude, mind you, though you never give.

Since you do this, I won't try and share info here.

Oh, and I read it in an interview -- back when Michigan was hot on him, and the feeling was mutual.

With all due respect, I always link when asked or typically just do so when there is a dispute at hand (like when I provided you with the link that contradicted what you'd asserted regarding Kaleb Ringer's recruitment)...That said:

Here's Jaleel's first offer...Here's Johnson calling MSU one of his early top choices...Here's Johnson maintaining MSU as one of his favorites...More of the same...And here's one with quotes from his hs coach maintaining the previously stated positions...

And just for the record I selected articles from the: Illinois, MSU, Indiana, Michigan and Iowa's rivals sites - all spanning the last 6-or-so months...There's also Rivals national video (I think it was Mike Farrel's) in which Johnson again includes Michigan State among his favorites when listing his schools.

Edited by lionstigersand...

I'm sincerely sorry, and wasn't trying to start anything ... just share on what I read/heard.

I won't post here anymore, cause I don't want to ruin your guys thread --- again, sorry about all this.

Benke is trying to take away the motown sports peace prize I won by creating these separate threads.

Peace is generally overrated.

That said, I don't have any problem with Benke posting over here...Hell, I don't even have any problem with him posting factually incorrect nonsnse over here...I'm assuming he doesn't mind having the record corrected, either.

Peace is generally overrated.

That said, I don't have any problem with Benke posting over here...Hell, I don't even have any problem with him posting factually incorrect nonsnse over here...I'm assuming he doesn't mind having the record corrected, either.

Please don't encourage him. He said he's going to stay out of this thread, let's see how long it lasts. I'll set the over/under at 1.5 weeks.

4* DT Jaleel Johnson now announcing in the next few days. Last week his hs coach said we were his leader, so its looking good right now.

Jaleel Johnson will be deciding between Iowa and MSU in the next few days. I for one am shocked by this development since Jaleel has shown little to no interest in MSU as of late.

At the img7v7 down in FL...Dennis Norfleet's team won the competition with him garnering mvp honors. James White (db from Crockett that we're closely looking at) played well and nabbed a couple picks too.

It'll be interesting to see if Norfleet gers more SEC interest now...I think we've got a legit shot there, and his video suggests game-breaking talent.

GA RB Nick Tompkins commits. Had offers from Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, Cal, Arkansas, Stanford, Mississippi State, Boston College, Vanderbilt, and a few others. Rated 10th best RB on Rivals.com

MxwYmHtfdaI

Edited by MSUBrian11

Great pick up - that video is superb!

BTW, on a MSU note, just got back from the U2 concert at Spartan Stadium. I was a fan before, but not hardcore or anything...but the show was beyond phenominal. Awesome night in EL with tens of thousands of people that had never seen campus wandering around on a picture perfect evening.

Interesting, did they tell him this before the Miller situation? I'd have to think that they still would be taking 2 backs, and would take Mahone if he wants to commit.

“Michigan State felt like the perfect place for me, it was the complete package,” Tompkins told the AJC. “I gave it a lot of thought. I got that gut feeling about Michigan State and went with it. I knew they were only going to take one running back and I wanted it to be me.”

RB Nick Tompkins commits to Michigan State over Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, Illinois and Maryland | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Interesting, did they tell him this before the Miller situation? I'd have to think that they still would be taking 2 backs, and would take Mahone if he wants to commit.

RB Nick Tompkins commits to Michigan State over Wisconsin, Georgia Tech, Illinois and Maryland | AJC College Sports Recruiting

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps Jeremy Langford has taken things to another level. Matt Dorsey, at Spartanmag, really thinks Langford should make the switch to wr. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how things shake out. Love Tompkins video though!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

If TOmpkins gets mad cause we take Mahone, then he can either decommit or compete. If he decommits, I am certain we can get someone else, as long as we can get Mahone.

WOTS, Norfleet was telling people that he and Mahone were both committing to MSU to play RB, but obviously that was false.

Even more word on the streetier...MSU WILL only take one RB this year, and it sounds like it was first-come, first serve between Mahone and Tompkins.

Too bad, I really liked Mahone's video...Reminded me a lot of Robert Smith in his OSU days. Big kid, long-strider. That said, anyone taking a gander at Tompkins' video, recognizing that that is coming against the highest level of competition in GA, and then try to explain to me how he isn't, AT MINIMUM, a high 3* (I'd argue 4*) kid. Kid's got 15+ BCS offers too. Very pleased to have him in tow.

Even more word on the streetier...MSU WILL only take one RB this year, and it sounds like it was first-come, first serve between Mahone and Tompkins.

Too bad, I really liked Mahone's video...Reminded me a lot of Robert Smith in his OSU days. Big kid, long-strider. That said, anyone taking a gander at Tompkins' video, recognizing that that is coming against the highest level of competition in GA, and then try to explain to me how he isn't, AT MINIMUM, a high 3* (I'd argue 4*) kid. Kid's got 15+ BCS offers too. Very pleased to have him in tow.

Yes, people that have posted that live in GA on Rivals National Board have pumped him up and called him underrated. The most poignant point was that because of Sims, they started passing 50/50 and before that they were 80/20 Run/Pass and that his numbers would be even more stout. Glad we got a strong runner. Mahone will be a great back, but now I am hoping he goes to Tenn instead of PSU.

Mahone was shown the recruiting board, he had his chance. MD wouldnt have let Tompkins commit if he rather would have had Mahone. Im very pleased, and theyll be even more depth chart space come 2013 with caper/baker gone, and bell a senior.

I agree. I think our situation is as follows:

Juniors Baker Caper Sophomores Bell Freshmen Hill/Langford

Seniors Baker Caper Juniors Bell Sophomores Hill/Langford Freshman Tompkins

Seniors Bell Juniors Hill/Langford Sophomores Tompkins Freshmen TWO newbies

Worst Case scenario is Caper or Bell blow out knee, Baker has an unreal season and goes Pro and we have Caper or Bell, Hill/Langford/Tompkins next season.

I think that if Caper or Bell blow out knee or Baker decides to go pro, all goes out window and we go after another RB.

We will be fine. You couldn't say no to Tompkins, and risk losing him and Mahone. They will take 2 RB's next year, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I think Baker goes pro regardless after this year, so in 2012 we will have Caper/Bell/Tompkins/Hill. I'm not worried at all.

Also, I don't think Norfleet has a commitable offer, if he did, he would have been green a long time ago.

Didn't want to flame the UM recruiting board, but that Terry Richardson is exactly how I described him... when I upset JB that the "look at me" was strong in that little one. God he would be driving me crazy if he committed to us.

I think Norfleet does have a committable offer, assuming his academic info is correct, and I think we'll get him.

Sounds like the Jaleel Johnson recruitment may be tightening up too with Iowa once again battling us tightly for another highly regarded DT (Cooper).

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Didn't want to flame the UM recruiting board, but that Terry Richardson is exactly how I described him... when I upset JB that the "look at me" was strong in that little one. God he would be driving me crazy if he committed to us.

LOL, he's a trip. I always get a kick out of the "silent verbals" that Benke brings up as well.

Tyler O'Conner was officially named to the Elite "11" roster today. Some asides: the field has been expanded to 24; the competition aspects will be reconfigured a bit; and the camp will last an extra day.

Oh, and Kirk Cousins will be in attendance as a counselor, again.