SpartanValor

MSU Football 2012 Recruiting Thread

Also had an offer from florida and tennessee. MD snags guys with this sort of offer list every year, but its nice to see the trend continue, even with the revolution occurring 40 miles SE of east lansing.

time to edit Pittman to your original post.

I didnt know we were "in on" any good players in ohio....

Awesome!

What does "in on" mean again??? ;)

Regardless, well played SV! And very well played Coach D.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Bill Kurelic 1379 posts

How big the Spartans landing a commitment from DE Se'Von Pittman is can not be overstated. Pittman was coveted by Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame among others, and in recent years very, very few Ohio prospects the Buckeyes have really wanted have gone elsewhere.

The commitment came a bit out of nowhere as Pittman had been saying nothing about closing in on a decision and had given no hints that the Spartans were at the top of his list. This guy has the potential to be an All Big Ten type guy.

Kudos need to go out in big way to both Mark Dantonio and Pat Narduzzi. Both played a big part in Pittman selecting MSU.

Bill Kurelic 1379 posts

How big the Spartans landing a commitment from DE Se'Von Pittman is can not be overstated. Pittman was coveted by Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame among others, and in recent years very, very few Ohio prospects the Buckeyes have really wanted have gone elsewhere.

The commitment came a bit out of nowhere as Pittman had been saying nothing about closing in on a decision and had given no hints that the Spartans were at the top of his list. This guy has the potential to be an All Big Ten type guy.

Kudos need to go out in big way to both Mark Dantonio and Pat Narduzzi. Both played a big part in Pittman selecting MSU.

Collapse the program.

Kurelic made his claim to fame thru the bucknuts site too, not even an msu guy.

That's good because he wasn't up to date on Michigan. For whatever reason there was all kinds of noise on Michigan sites a while back about them cooling on Pittman. Great get for you guys.

That's good because he wasn't up to date on Michigan. For whatever reason there was all kinds of noise on Michigan sites a while back about them cooling on Pittman. Great get for you guys.

Rarely does one ever have the straight scoop in these things...Players cool on schools, schools cool (or fill up at that slot) on players. And then it's just one big ball of spin.

Bottom line, great get for MSU...Arguably the best defensive line verbal in the Conference to date (and coming on the heels of some other very highly regarded DL talents in cycles past); looks to continue some impressive athletes on the defensive side of the trench.

Hearing that we're looking good to 4* DT Jaleel Johnson, out of Illinois. Would be a nice pick-up on the heels of Pittman.

Next few weeks should be exciting, things are really starting to pick-up now that camps are underway in EL.

Hearing that we're looking good to 4* DT Jaleel Johnson, out of Illinois. Would be a nice pick-up on the heels of Pittman.

Next few weeks should be exciting, things are really starting to pick-up now that camps are underway in EL.

Hearing the same. In the end we will have a great class!

Youngstown (Ohio) Fitch RB/LB William Mahone says he'll be in East Lansing on Thursday. 4* RB, ranked 6th in the nation at his position, 78th overall best prospect in the nation, according to rivals.

Ps.

Tom Beaver is a douche. I'm told I have to put it over here...:cheeky:

Not familiar with him, but not doubting this news at all.

I just read a quote about Terry Richardson (Who a certain UM blogger got bent out of shape when I said coaches in Detroit said he was a jerk and the most "look at me" player in Cass Tech history)... supposedly he has plans on taking official visits to Alabama, LSU, USC, and Florida.

“You think Michigan could get me that easy?” Richardson said. “I'm going to take some of my other officials.”

Hilarious...

...a certain UM blogger got bent out of shape when I said coaches in Detroit said he was a jerk and the most "look at me" player in Cass Tech history

I believe that's the equivalent of being the fattest kid at fat camp. :wink:

Seriously. Wasnt it also him who whined about having to work out at msu, and upon not immediately recieving an offer, cried about it on twitter? I know i posted it on here back in Feb, but cant search with my phone. Either way, cass tech sounds like a wonderful and humbling experience for these young men...

Seriously. Wasnt it also him who whined about having to work out at msu, and upon not immediately recieving an offer, cried about it on twitter? I know i posted it on here back in Feb, but cant search with my phone. Either way, cass tech sounds like a wonderful and humbling experience for these young men...

Yes, and Royce-Jenkins was telling him to stfu on twitter as well.

Youngstown (Ohio) Fitch RB/LB William Mahone says he'll be in East Lansing on Thursday. 4* RB, ranked 6th in the nation at his position, 78th overall best prospect in the nation, according to rivals.

Bringing his mama too so this is a big deal. She is rumored to love Dantonio... would love him to commit... him and the kid from GA.

Bringing his mama too so this is a big deal. She is rumored to love Dantonio... would love him to commit... him and the kid from GA.

Dantonio does well with mamas. Papas too, but mamas in particular. Pittman's mother was very very impressed as well, and that seems to have factored in to his decision some.

Perhaps it's a positive sign that Elmer's mother is a big Dantonio and MSU fan (and grad)!

6'3'' WR Kyle Kerrick from PA, welcome to msu.

Kyle Kerrick participated in the Schuman's National Underclassmen Combine on June 12th, 2010 and ran a 4.53 40-yard dash, had a 30-inch vertical leap, a 8-foot-10 inch broad jump and did 20 reps of 155 pounds on the bench press. He was named Combine MVP at the wide receiver position.

Offers from Pitt, WVU, Illinois, etc.

Price may be next, LTA

106482.png

Verbal Commitments

Kyle Kerrick, WR (Coatesville, Pennsylvania)

838669m.jpg

Se'Von Pittman, DE (Canton, Ohio)

859201m.jpg

Tyler O'Connor, QB (Lima, Ohio)

902805.jpg

Benny McGowan, OL (Dayton, Ohio)

904107m.jpg

Zach Higgins, OL (Alliance, Ohio)

816147m.jpg

Evan Jones, TE (West Lafayette, Ohio)

914161m.jpg

Riley Bullough, S (Traverse City, Michigan)

781108m.jpg

Recruiting: Michigan State remains strong in Ohio | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Recruiting: Michigan State hosting top prospects | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

32-logo.jpg

It does sound like Price may be on the cusp of popping for MSU. He's there with his family (Mahone is there with his mother too).

Price visited last weekend, got an offer, now returns four days later with his family. Hmm...