SpartanValor

MSU Football 2012 Recruiting Thread

106482.png

Verbal Commitments

Kyle Kerrick, WR (Coatesville, Pennsylvania)

838669m.jpg

Se'Von Pittman, DE (Canton, Ohio)

859201m.jpg

Tyler O'Connor, QB (Lima, Ohio)

902805.jpg

Benny McGowan, OL (Dayton, Ohio)

904107m.jpg

Zach Higgins, OL (Alliance, Ohio)

816147m.jpg

Evan Jones, TE (West Lafayette, Ohio)

914161m.jpg

Riley Bullough, S (Traverse City, Michigan)

781108m.jpg

Recruiting: Michigan State remains strong in Ohio | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Recruiting: Michigan State hosting top prospects | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

32-logo.jpg

Edited by SpartanValor

Feel free to add information as we go along, just wanted to get a thread "down on paper". I tried using the MSU football thread for recruiting information, but it wasn't going to work. Hopefully this will be easier to follow, and also minimize the overlap of fanbases on the board. Frankly, this thread will be much more pertinent to me anyway, because I don't care about general college football recruiting, I care about MSU. I'll check the other "official" recruiting thread for my FSU fix... ;)

Great idea, SpartanValor. Now the 3-4 MSU posters on this board can stay out of the other thread, and avoid any future confrontations. I will also help contribute to this thread as much as I can.

Looking good with Nick Tompkins, RB from Georgia. Former teammate of andre sims, coming all the way back to EL for the second time tomorrow. Very nice offer list too.

Danny O'Brien, DT

Apparently Tennessee and MSU "definitely" will be two of his finalists. Maybe Alabama. Visiting Iowa next weekend. Visiting Bama, Tenn, & maybe Florida this summer. Wants to trim his list to five before fall. No mention of UM.

Looking good with Nick Tompkins, RB from Georgia. Former teammate of andre sims, coming all the way back to EL for the second time tomorrow. Very nice offer list too.

Would love to land this kid...Possible commitment could be coming soon, especially with him visiting for his 2nd time. Kid plays in the toughest division in Georgia.

Couldn't agree more regarding Tompkins!

In addition, MSU is clearly making a concerted effort to nab a power back in this class:

William Mahone (RB, OH) is scheduled to visit next week, I believe...Tevin Coleman (IL) was just on campus and picked up an offer; Alden Hill will be camping this summer (reportedly wants an offer badly), MSU's cast another offer down in FL with Brandon Radcliff (5'11" 215)...All big boys, with most over 6', and all in excess of 200lbs.

In other news, 4* OT, Adam Bisnowaty (PA) was visiting this weekend; fellow 4* OT Ryan Ward (IL) has something planned in a couple weeks...It'll be interesting to see how OL recruiting works out in this class...Based upon further offers and pursuit, we might be able to gauge where Henry Conway's future is heading with respect to MSU Football.

Southfield LB'er Jamal Lyles picked up an MSU offer today...Spent the afternoon with much of the staff in East Lansing. Sounds like he was pretty excited about it. Lyles has offers from Vandy, Pitt, Stanford, Iowa, UI, Cincy among others. Great size and athleticism - looks like a fast rising prospect.

Southfield LB'er Jamal Lyles picked up an MSU offer today...Spent the afternoon with much of the staff in East Lansing. Sounds like he was pretty excited about it. Lyles has offers from Vandy, Pitt, Stanford, Iowa, UI, Cincy among others. Great size and athleticism - looks like a fast rising prospect.

best LB prospect in MI

best LB prospect in MI

You're certainly not the only one that feels that way (and that goes for at least one national scouting service guy)...That said, I'll go with Ross (and by a fair amount, imo). Granted, what Lyles has over Ross...3 inches and probably 10-15 lbs, neither an insignificant advantage (particularly when projecting forward)...But Ross really is a high-level football player - Reminds me a TON of Greg Jones.

I read today that the Spartans picked up another commit for the 2011 class. Some kid from jersey.

I love how enough people got their feathers ruffled by this, that Hollis needed to respond:

MSUAD Mark Hollis: I find this quite humerous, the guy bought a ticket and is coming to a college football game. On his own. Not MSU driven.

I love how enough people got their feathers ruffled by this, that Hollis needed to respond:

he's coming up to EL to get some ***** from some hot coed

As was noted in SV's earlier post, MSU was hosting the first of it's summer camps this weekend...In addition to the Elmer offer, a couple of MSU's verbals showed up and showed well. Evan Jones excelled early before the heat took its toll (a theme for a few players on Saturday)...And Riley Bullough posted perhaps the most intriguing news of the day. Bullough measured in at 6'2" 206, and threw down a 4.6 40 that had the MSU Staff pretty excited. He has the frame to add another quality 10-20 lbs while maintaining (if not increasing) that speed. Eric Gordon part deux, wouldn't displease anyone...

Another player that has MSU's eye is TE Josiah Price (IN). Very athletic, the guys at SpartanMag see him as a player in the Brian Linthicum mold. ++ Receiver. The question at this point, is will he ever have the size and strength that MSU really covets at that position.

Potential RB recruit, Alden Hill was there...But there didn't seem to be much of a wow factor, and considering some of the other offers out there, he may be a plan b type kid - although from the interviews I've read of his, he doesn't view himself similarly, and I could see that pushing him away (he has a solid offer list).

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! Dantonio gets another great prospect from OH. Who was it that said he would only be able to get the kids that OSU and UM didn't want?

rated 68th by rivals, and 196 by 247sports. Offers from Bama, OSU, Notre Dame, Auburn and scUM. I expect to get a couple more verbals in the next couple days

Edited by MSUBrian11

Also had an offer from florida and tennessee. MD snags guys with this sort of offer list every year, but its nice to see the trend continue, even with the revolution occurring 40 miles SE of east lansing.