JonBenke

Michigan 2012 Recruiting Thread

I agree 100%, which is why Michigan has to watch their numbers.

Getting Erik Magnuson and Jordan Diamond will be huge, and hopefully they can get 'em both - ASAP.

EDIT: if Erik Magnuson leaves Ann Arbor without committing, I'm going to be nervous about him going forward.

The sanctions have prevented Magnuson from getting an SC offer but it still may come. He's a late riser that's sort of burst on the upper BCS schools radar this spring. I expect Oregon, Oklahoma, Stanford and the domers to still be on him no matter if he announces blue this weekend.

Not familiar with Jordan Diamond from Chicago but I don't think UM has any real chance for 5* OL Jordan Simmons from Los Angeles. I think it will come down to USC, UCLA, Cal, and Oregon.

I agree with Simmons, but I think Magnuson is not staying out west .. he has said he's wanted to leave.

I honestly think Magnuson is completely blue, sorry.

Erik Magnuson was first recruited by San Diego State, so he knows most of the Michigan staff, which is huge.

Edited by JonBenke

The fighting started just now because of a moderator who didnt understand the tone of a poster.
Sorry, but MSUBrian has been banned from this site twice recently because of his actions in this forum. Perhaps the real problem is MSUBrian needs to work on his "tone."

Well, hello there, Tom Strobel.

This could be a heck of a defense in a couple of years, eh?

Considering SV started an msu recruiting thread, I would suggest this thread be re-titled as the Michigan thread and we can all live in peace.

Johnny Mac can start a rest of college football thread if he wants.

Otherwise, benke, start a Michigan thread.

Considering SV started an msu recruiting thread, I would suggest this thread be re-titled as the Michigan thread and we can all live in peace.

Johnny Mac can start a rest of college football thread if he wants.

Otherwise, benke, start a Michigan thread.

I really dont care too much, some people on here have indicated they like following national recruiting, if no one cares I dont need a thread to post in.

Huge. ESPN has UM as the #6 class overall right now.

Thanks for posting that, I hadnt realized ESPN's rankings were out.

Michigan has gotten off to a huge start

Also, I like who ESPN has as their #1 overall player :cheeky:

I really dont care too much, some people on here have indicated they like following national recruiting, if no one cares I dont need a thread to post in.

You can post in the blue thread if want, Johnny. Didn't mean to suggest that you be excluded.

Maybe we should just have the msu thread and a non-msu thread then.

Edited by Shelton

You can post in the blue thread if want, Johnny. Didn't mean to suggest that you be excluded.

I really think the biggest thing is to separate the UM and MSU people. If the UM people stay away from the MSU thread and the MSU people dont troll this thread anymore, I think it should be fine. We will see, all I know is anything has to be better than the last thread.

Nice day for Michigan recruiting. At this rate we will be done well before the season starts.

I'm okay with this just being the Michigan recruiting thread, plus J'Mac's Florida State stuff.

Oh, and getting Strobel and Magnuson are huge .. was hoping for Jordan Diamond, but .. oh well...

EDIT: totally forgot how Strobel was at one time a mortal lock to Ohio State.

Oh, and credit Hoke and company, who were the first team to recruit Magnuson ... while at San Diego State.

Edited by JonBenke

From Erik Magnuson, the newest 4* player for the Maize and Blue:)

"I just feel comfortable with the coaches, and I know them so well. I feel the program is going in the right direction. I know some of the 2012 commits and I think they're all good players. They're bringing in a good offense, and I want to get out of California. I just feel like Michigan is the right place for me."

Oh, and the hot rumor on Scout.com, started by a reliable source -- Allan Trieu -- is that 5* QB Gunner Keil was set to announce his decision Sunday -- all signs pointed to Oklahoma, but that decision has now been delayed.

The hot rumor is because Keil has some interest in Michigan, and is good friends with Erik Magnuson, and wants to play with him, or something along those lines .. it's behind a paywall on Scout.com, and I am just giving you all the gist of the rumor, as I am getting it. Some thought Keil cooled on Michigan, after the camp in Columbus.

From Erik Magnuson, the newest 4* player for the Maize and Blue:)

"I just feel comfortable with the coaches, and I know them so well. I feel the program is going in the right direction. I know some of the 2012 commits and I think they're all good players. They're bringing in a good offense, and I want to get out of California. I just feel like Michigan is the right place for me."

Which is exactly what Southern California kids without a USC offer say.

Keep dreaming. You're not going to budge me on this kid. He's blue, deal with it :classic:

Not enough money left in the budget for him.

This is a quote from California 4* OL, and newest Michigan commit - Erik Magnuson:)

It wasn't anything that I expected at Michigan, it was crazy. It was such a cool place and everyone was so nice. I want to get the best players to commit there now so I've been talking to Isaac, Aziz Shittu, and Jordan Diamond. The coaches didn't know much about Isaac because he's from a small school, but they know of him now. If they offer him, we want to play together, so I think he'd be really interested.

Scout.com: Isaac Seumalo Profile

Isaac Seumalo - this would be awesome, since Michigan wants to take another tackle, and one guard. He's a 4* on Scout, Rivals, and 247Sports; offers from Arizona, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, and Stanford.

EDIT: Erik Magnuson also plans on enrolling early:)

info is from TomVH, via mgoblog.com

Edited by JonBenke