McAuliffe '68

Was anyone else aware that Avila is using a heavier bat?

Dan and Jim talked too him on the pre-game about it. Said watching VMart convinced him of doing it.

Doesn't FSN Detroit have a guy that spends a lot of time talking to guys at batting practice? Surprised he didn't mention it.

Dan and Jim talked too him on the pre-game about it. Said watching VMart convinced him of doing it.

Really? So they adressed it on radio...I don't believe Rod or Mario have ever had so much as a peep about it.

Rod definitely discussed it a few times.

Only a few times? Are you sure it hasn't been mentioned every single time he comes to bat? Because that's what it seems like to me. :tired:

Only a few times? Are you sure it hasn't been mentioned every single time he comes to bat? Because that's what it seems like to me. :tired:

Seems like it to me as well...

Jackson's using a heavier bat also. VMart was the influence there as well. Why do we have a hitting coach?

Whadaya wanna bet that Pheralta's using one also?

Edited by Chili Mac Davis

Jackson's using a heavier bat also. VMart was the influence there as well. Why do we have a hitting coach?

Whadaya wanna bet that Pheralta's using one also?

I suggested in another thread that everybody on the team not name Jhonny or Miguel should be using VMart's bat. It would make the batboy's job easier.:classic:

What weight is he using? Babe Ruth used a 40 oz bat in 1927. Ty Cobb used a 42 oz bat. Ted Williams used a 33 oz bat.

As others have mentioned, he started using it in spring training, or right at the beginning of the season, and Rod mentions it fairly regularly. I believe it's 35 ounces?

What's more, I believe I heard them mention the other night (during the Texas series) that Ajax has begun using a heavier bat recently, as well.

You would think it would get a mention on a TV or radio broadcast.

They did mention it. Multiple times. I first heard about it at the beginning of the year I think.

As others have mentioned, he started using it in spring training, or right at the beginning of the season, and Rod mentions it fairly regularly. I believe it's 35 ounces?

What's more, I believe I heard them mention the other night (during the Texas series) that Ajax has begun using a heavier bat recently, as well.

Indeed he did, on the advice of Martinez.

What does our batting coach do again?

What does our batting coach do again?

He dodges well placed pieces of gum and keeps our skipper chipper.

You would think it would get a mention on a TV or radio broadcast.
Sarcasm detector FAIL.

They did mention it. Multiple times. I first heard about it at the beginning of the year I think.
Yeah it should be SO easy to detect sarcasm from a poster who has less than a 100 posts.

As soon as you were ready to hit the "reply" button you should have realized it; 100 posts or not. Read your first reply posted above.