Deleterious

Pistons Offseason

Cut Ben Gordon, someone will sign him and the Pistons won't have to each so much. Ride it out with Hamilton his contract is coming to an end, if they can't shovel him off at the Trade deadline this year, they should be able to dump him next offseason.

I wouldn't cry about either CV or Ben being cut, but I'd assess all options before I made the decisino. If Charlie V really does draw some interest around the league, take advantage and deal him. Thing is, I think one of Rip/Gordon can be dealt and I'd like to have one of them on the roster. We don't have a ton of offensive firepower on this team exactly.

Edit - It doesn't affect how much we pay if someone else signs him does it, unless he doesn't pass through waivers. Or does the amnesty have a weird clause?

I wouldn't cry about either CV or Ben being cut, but I'd assess all options before I made the decisino. If Charlie V really does draw some interest around the league, take advantage and deal him. Thing is, I think one of Rip/Gordon can be dealt and I'd like to have one of them on the roster. We don't have a ton of offensive firepower on this team exactly.

Edit - It doesn't affect how much we pay if someone else signs him does it, unless he doesn't pass through waivers. Or does the amnesty have a weird clause?

That is how it worked in 2005. I see no reason it wouldn't be the same.

Rip has to go. Gordon had an awful season but Rip has been integral in the bad sportsmanship we have seen on this team as of late. He and Tayshaun want out, and we need to get them out before they turn on another coach. Also, please cut Charlie V if possible. If we can just press re-start with Knight, Daye, Jerebko and Monroe I will feel much better about our future. Especially because that team will probably suck which will allow us to get another high draft pick to build around.

Rip has to go. Gordon had an awful season but Rip has been integral in the bad sportsmanship we have seen on this team as of late. He and Tayshaun want out, and we need to get them out before they turn on another coach. Also, please cut Charlie V if possible. If we can just press re-start with Knight, Daye, Jerebko and Monroe I will feel much better about our future. Especially because that team will probably suck which will allow us to get another high draft pick to build around.

The funny thing is that I don't hold Rip's attitude against him. He's been a champion as a college and professional player. He signed an extension based on the Pistons as continued contenders. Instead Dumars trades Billups for the cancerous Iverson and hires two clowns to be the head coach. Rip showed emotion while the team fell off a cliff. So what? He took losing personally, isn't that a good thing? Isn't it better than the cool, indifference Gordon showed while regressing?

The funny thing is that I don't hold Rip's attitude against him. He's been a champion as a college and professional player. He signed an extension based on the Pistons as continued contenders. Instead Dumars trades Billups for the cancerous Iverson and hires two clowns to be the head coach. Rip showed emotion while the team fell off a cliff. So what? He took losing personally, isn't that a good thing? Isn't it better than the cool, indifference Gordon showed while regressing?

So simply because he won a Championship in College & in the Pros, that gives him the right to be a dick? That makes his attitude justifiable?

He did more than show emotion....and he himself has become the biggest cancer on the team. Great example from the guy who is supposed to be the team captain. Hell, even when we tried to get rid of him, he wouldn't accept the trade. He needs to grow the eff up, stop being a baby, and stop being a distraction to the team. The team already sucks, and has enough issues without him adding to the problem...

Originally I was against using the amnesty clause on Rip. I figured use it on CV because he has the longer deal. But I think you guys have changed my mind.

Originally I was against using the amnesty clause on Rip. I figured use it on CV because he has the longer deal. But I think you guys have changed my mind.

Saw this while I was looking for a list of the current player reps for all the teams, and came across a list of the most ridiculous reps....

"Austin Daye (rep), Detroit Pistons. In the Pistons' defense, Rip Hamilton would have simply tried to get all of the players to strike instead of submitting to a lockout."

Made me laugh, but sadly it's probably true...

Saw this while I was looking for a list of the current player reps for all the teams, and came across a list of the most ridiculous reps....

"Austin Daye (rep), Detroit Pistons. In the Pistons' defense, Rip Hamilton would have simply tried to get all of the players to strike instead of submitting to a lockout."

Made me laugh, but sadly it's probably true...

That is funny for two reasons. First the Rip part is funny. Second, I saw 29 of 30 teams had their player rep at the meeting today. When I read that I wondered what slacker didn't show up. I guess the guy in Russia is the one haha.

For the first time since the strike, I'm starting to have that "Why aren't the Pistons on" urge. I guess my fall sports season is starting to end and I'm starting to realize that nothing is on.

For the first time since the strike, I'm starting to have that "Why aren't the Pistons on" urge. I guess my fall sports season is starting to end and I'm starting to realize that nothing is on.

Should get a decent idea of what will happen around 5 PM. That is the deadline the owners gave the players on the current offer. They said after that all future offers will be much worse for the players.

If nothing happens, expect games to be cancelled until at least Christmas. And the players will decertify the union which will take 2 months to do. So there is a good possibility we could lose the entire season.

Should get a decent idea of what will happen around 5 PM. That is the deadline the owners gave the players on the current offer. They said after that all future offers will be much worse for the players.

If nothing happens, expect games to be cancelled until at least Christmas. And the players will decertify the union which will take 2 months to do. So there is a good possibility we could lose the entire season.

This may be the year I finally go check out an Oakland U game. I think about it every year and never do it. Maybe satisfy my hoops craving with a little Oakland U action.

Oakland U is some pretty solid basketball, for that level at least. Worth going to a game for sure

I am seriously missing my NBA about now. Ready for some trades and signings followed by some quality b-ball. College is ok, but its not just not onthe same level for me. Feels closer to WNBA than NBA

Dave Checketts was on the radio and said they had a deal. Then said it will happen. Now people are saying progress has been made, but no deal.

DTroppens. Go check out a Mott game sometime. They are always one of the top CC teams in the country.

I feel like they are close, though there is still a chance they blow it. 72 games would be a massive victory though IMO. Its stupid if either side won't sign at this point, with a tweak here or there maybe.

That's how I feel too, Hamilton has had good reason to do what he's done, he's better then Ben Gordon in all aspects of his game too, except jumpshooting. Once the circus act stops he would be fine. I mean Tayshaun Prince joined the griping last year, it has to be really bad for him to speak out, he had been one of the most professionals in the league. 6 years of Flip and the clown coaches is enough to make anybody crazed.

Well, the thing is the players need to accept this stuff fast before it gets worse for them. How many players are already on the verge of bankruptcy because they've missed this long? Half the league may be busted if it goes much further, and those guys are at some point going to push for any deal.

Dave Checketts was on the radio and said they had a deal. Then said it will happen. Now people are saying progress has been made, but no deal.

DTroppens. Go check out a Mott game sometime. They are always one of the top CC teams in the country.

I don't know why, but watching Mott basketball doesn't thrill me. I have covered some community college level games before and seen strong Mott teams in the past. I don't know why, but I didn't find it that exciting.

Its too bad it has come to this. I feel like if the owners would just give a little at the end here the deal would be done. The players have basically said they'll take 50-51 percent about, its just a few details. The NBDL nonsense that was posted is one thing. Especially since it includes a 20 year age limit. If you are going to make guys wait to come, they have to be on real contracts when they get there. Otherwise go back to 18 and you can maybe have such a clause.

Honestly, getting over 5% back in revenue, some proper revenue sharing and, as a friend suggested to me recently, the elimination of the draft lottery would more than make things fair both financially and competitively. No team should be making less than aboug 20 mil profit per year with such a deal based on what we know right now. The owners are being stubborn and trying to use their leverage to squeeze the players. I like that they are holding strong. Show that they don't have the leverage they think. Let them lose a ton of money on stadium leases and lack of revenue in general. Hey, if you were losing money anyways, it won't matter right, you're better off not playing? Yah right