Deleterious

Pistons Offseason

I would also like to see more games within your division. Create a scenario where beating your division means something.

I understand we'll never get it to the point of not playing Western Conference teams during the regular season, so I'd like to see something like this.

Teams in your division - play them each eight times. (32 games)

Teams outside your division - play each team twice. (50 games)

That's 82 games.

Or if you want, maybe dropping games among your division to six games a year, and then using those 10 games to play a few more teams within your conference but not division and do some rotating schedule thing with that, go for it. But by playing more division games, you'll see these teams more and have a better chance to create serious in-season storylines and rivalries. Plus, the travel becomes less for everyone involved. Plus, you can have back-to-back home games with division teams at the same venue. I'd love to see the NBA do something like this one day.

I have absolutely no problem with, say a 30-game loss of the season....particularly with a bad Pistons team.

My curse if you will, is seeing all those great games of the 80's, when the league was at it's peak. Overall, it kinda sucks, now.

Mateen might see more court time as the on-court reporter than he did during his actual NBA career.

I hope you are wrong. He's flat out terrible. He doesn't seem like a bad guy or anything. In fact, he seems like a good guy. But he just doesn't do the job. You can always bet he likes the job the PG is doing in the game.

Mateen might see more court time as the on-court reporter than he did during his actual NBA career.

I hope you are wrong. He's flat out terrible. He doesn't seem like a bad guy or anything. In fact, he seems like a good guy. But he just doesn't do the job. You can always bet he likes the job the PG is doing in the game.

I meant he is next as in the next to get fired.

How long until George Blaha gets fired? Not quite an Ernie Harwell moment, but there could be a small outcry if it happened.

How long until George Blaha gets fired? Not quite an Ernie Harwell moment, but there could be a small outcry if it happened.

Maybe celebrating is a little bit of a lie, but I could care less if Blaha gets fired. I'd be more upset if Kelser was fired.

Maybe celebrating is a little bit of a lie, but I could care less if Blaha gets fired. I'd be more upset if Kelser was fired.

I might be in the minority, but in all honesty I don't think either are that great, especially lately. I used to like Blaha back when we were good, and his excitement was warranted, but now, we'll be getting blown out by 20 something, and he gets all worked up over a simple dunk or something. Still, he's been the voice of the Pistons since the late 70's, and hasn't really done anything to justify being fired, so that's why I said I don't see him going anywhere any time soon.

I might have to agree with you about Kelser though, now that I think about it. While I might not think he's great, I think I could live with him over Blaha at this point.

In ‘05, teams received only luxury-tax relief on amnesty players. In 2011, according to sources close to the negotiations, 75 percent of a player’s contract value will not count against the salary cap when shed via amnesty.

I will meet you guys at CV's house at noon on Saturday to help him pack.

Yeah, that sure would be nice if we got an amnesty clause like that. It will be interesting, if this is true, who gets cut around the league. I would definitely make Charlie ours despite Rip and Gordon having slightly bigger contracts. I consider him basically a zero as far as contributing and for the role he fills, Daye and Jerebko are better options to get the minutes. I still feel Gordon and Rip are viable starting 2 guards in this league, though not together and it does depend on surrounding talent.

I will meet you guys at CV's house at noon on Saturday to help him pack.

I am sure we will have to do it alone, CV is prolly at the gym jacking 3s.

I don't like Blaha. I would rather listen to Joe Buck do a Pistons game. All I ask or from an announcer is to have an easy to listen to voice. Blaha's lisp drives me crazy.

Hopefully for Zaret he's getting paid well in those Art Van commercials.

Article discussing the 3 most likely players to be cut under the amnesty clause.

Detroit Pistons - NBA | Pistons' Hamilton is prime candidate to be cut under amnesty clause | The Detroit News

I'm trying really hard to be interested in the Pistons but it's tough. In my opinion Gordon is like fool's gold. He could probably be more productive as a Piston than he's been but he's too expensive for an undersized SG and I don't think he's a guy to build around. I'd cut him. Rip is guy they might be able to swing a trade for and if not, he'll be off the books sooner than Gordon. I'll take the quickest route to the end of the Dumars years of running the franchise into the ground.

I'm trying really hard to be interested in the Pistons but it's tough. In my opinion Gordon is like fool's gold. He could probably be more productive as a Piston than he's been but he's too expensive for an undersized SG and I don't think he's a guy to build around. I'd cut him. Rip is guy they might be able to swing a trade for and if not, he'll be off the books sooner than Gordon. I'll take the quickest route to the end of the Dumars years of running the franchise into the ground.

At least Gordon is Fool's gold. Charlie V is just a plain fool.

So regarding this amnesty contract, I know it says we can cut one player but then we're still responsible for paying his contract. Is it the entire remainder of their contract, meaning all the years left on it?

The only reason I don't want to keep Rip around is because of his cancerous attitude. As the article stated, he has bumped heads with the past two coaches, he's become a distraction to the team, and he wouldn't accept a trade last year, so I wouldn't trust him to do anything different this year. I'd be more willing to deal with Gordon and get stuck with him for another year than keep Rip and deal with all his BS.

At least Gordon is Fool's gold. Charlie V is just a plain fool.

True, but again, like the article says, Charlie V might hold the highest trade value, and is the cheapest of the three. While we might not get much if we traded him, but something is better than nothing.

I've been saying it for a while. I still think it's going to be a very long road towards trying to rebuild this team, but the sooner Rip gets out of town, the better off this team will be.

So regarding this amnesty contract, I know it says we can cut one player but then we're still responsible for paying his contract. Is it the entire remainder of their contract, meaning all the years left on it?

Most feel the teams will be responsible for all of the money they owe, minus any new contract the player signs. A player making $10M for one year is cut. He then signs with a new team and will make $4M this year. His original team would only owe him $6M.

True, but again, like the article says, Charlie V might hold the highest trade value, and is the cheapest of the three. While we might not get much if we traded him, but something is better than nothing.

I was just having some fun. I saw fool's gold and the first thing that came to my mind was Charlie V was a fool. I posted that before even reading the article.