Deleterious

Pistons Offseason

I will say one thing for Charlie. I think he has always been lazy, in part due to his natural talent. From almost every report, he put in serious, NBA caliber work in the offseason last year. We did not see results, no doubt.

However, only good can come from a heavily improved workout. I'd rather see Charlie gone than anything(is he our amnesty?), but if we are stuck with him, I'm glad to see him working harder. Its not like a young talent has never turned things around by putting in the proper work. I do not mean to shine the turd that is Charlie V, but hey, it is what it is.

I will say one thing for Charlie. I think he has always been lazy, in part due to his natural talent. From almost every report, he put in serious, NBA caliber work in the offseason last year. We did not see results, no doubt.

However, only good can come from a heavily improved workout. I'd rather see Charlie gone than anything(is he our amnesty?), but if we are stuck with him, I'm glad to see him working harder. Its not like a young talent has never turned things around by putting in the proper work. I do not mean to shine the turd that is Charlie V, but hey, it is what it is.

He does seem to work hard in the off-season, but it doesnt translate to his on court performance. He has no interest in going into the paint, he is 6'11, he should get more rebounds and be better defensively.

We have seen him take over a game a few times though.

I also feel it needs to be said that Kuester and roster construction were probably a bigger problem with our chemistry than simply the attitudes of Rip,Prince and Ben. I think all of those guys are generally professionals who want to win. With a bunch of guys who not only played the same position, but the same role, we were a disaster from the start. They not only have Rip/Ben trying to split 48 minutes at the 2 guards spot, but they kept Tay and added Mcgrady(under the promise of minutes) . So you couldn't play Rip at the 3 at all to open up minutes and you couldn't give Daye enough minutes to develop him, you couldn't use Stuckey at the 2 as often as you might have liked and we had basically the worst offense and defense in the league from the 4 and 5 spots.

Hopefully Mcgrady and at least one of Rip/Prince/Ben is gone, that opens up the rotation a bit and makes chemistry easier. As does having a new coach who can demand respect and emphasize defense(a big Kue failing as much as the former). We get Jerebko back, Monroe is a year older and we'll add a defensive oriented big at 8 most likely. There is plenty of room for improvement.

Obviously the big key is Stuckey. He showed signs the last 10 games or so of really grasping the Pg position. It took BIllups about this long, so who knows. Also, I think we can live without him being a pure PG if he is efficient and plays D to his potential. He has to be re-signed, whether for us or for trade. He's our most valuable piece outside Monroe and is just hitting his prime. I do like the idea of a mentor/babysitter.

He does seem to work hard in the off-season, but it doesnt translate to his on court performance. He has no interest in going into the paint, he is 6'11, he should get more rebounds and be better defensively.

We have seen him take over a game a few times though.

I agree completely, but like I said, I think he has only put in one serious summer of work in his career. If he does it consistently from here on out, it could change him. Kinda like Dirk changed in a way, not that Charlie will ever be on that level. However, Dirk was much less physical and much less interested in D and post play early in his career.

I think there is a role for Charlie as simply an offensive force though honestly. Guys like Frye,Harrington,Bonner etc. help their teams win by being big guys who can knock down shots, even if they don't D or board much. He's a nice compliment to Jerebko in a way.

I heard the reports from the Pistons camp. In fact, if you watched just 5 minutes of Pistons basketball during the first 30 games of the season last year, you probably heard about Charlie's workouts during the offseason.

It's hard to tell how much of that was Pistons' spin and how much of that was actually true. Or maybe most of that was just working on his jumper. From what I saw last year, there wasn't a single aspect of his game that it looked like he improved upon vs. previous years, particularly those things I consider him weak at doing. In fact, I'd argue he seriously regressed.

I can't say one way or the other if he put that work in. I know this is certain, as you said, it didn't show on the court.

I won't argue any of that.

I think I enjoy coming to this thread at least 50% in part due to Khloe K's naked ***** showing up unexpectedly when I scroll down the page, haha.

PISTONS: Highway Renamed to Honor Bill Davidson

Highway Renamed to Honor Bill Davidson

LANSING, Mich. – Gov. Rick Snyder today signed legislation renaming a stretch of highway that runs past the Palace of Auburn Hills in honor of longtime owner of the Detroit Pistons and noted philanthropist Bill Davidson.

The portion of M-24 within the Auburn Hills city limits will now officially be known as the “William Davidson Memorial Highway.” Davidson passed away in 2009.

“All of us need to start talking about our state in a more positive way, and we can start by remembering our history and celebrating residents who contribute to our state,” Snyder said. “In both his professional and personal life, Bill Davidson left behind a great legacy of accomplishment, and it’s a fitting tribute to name this road in his honor.”

Born in Detroit, Davidson went on to build a successful career as president and chairman of glass manufacturer Guardian Industries. His success in business allowed him to buy multiple professional sports teams including the Detroit Pistons, Detroit Shock and Tampa Bay Lighting, all three of which won championships under his ownership. Known for his generosity, Davidson donated millions of dollars to charitable organizations, including more than $55 million to the University of Michigan.

Legislation to amend the Michigan Memorial Highway Act was sponsored by state Rep. Marty Knollenberg.

House Bill 4129 is now Public Act 37 of 2011.

Definitely not a very good list, though I'd love to have someone like Gasol or Jordan. Isn't Nene a FA or did he re-sign officially? That'd be my dream signing but I know it will never happen.

He has a player option. He probably wasn't including those types because technically they aren't free agents yet. But yeah, he should be on that list.

Twitter

Writing was kind of on the wall, but #Pistons aren't extending qualifying offer to DaJuan Summers. He will be unrestricted free agent.

Yeah that comes of no surprise at all. Starting friday we will be in an official lockout mode, no roster moves.

Whats everyones guess on the when the lockout gets solved? Im guessing mid-December.

They will start playing the end of January or start of February.

That's what I was kind of thinking too. The holidays come around and usually it's Christmas that you start getting regular network games on TV and, of course, football is over. The worst thing the NBA could do is not be playing in January, and you'd have to think both sides realize that. And if you go farther than that, then having any sort of regular season becomes a serious issue.

I was thinking by about mid-January it would have to start.

I just looked up the last lockout shortened season. In 1999 they played a 50 game schedule and the first game was Feb 5th. I bet its something like that.

Makes sense that it could be like last time. Starting after football makes sense anyways.

The thing is though, fans hold grudges over lockouts/strikes(for reasons I don't understand really) and the NBA is at a great point right now as far as popularity and quality of play. They could really hurt themselves in this lockout. They will become the 3rd or 4th sport with a lockout while you could argue that they are or are about to be #2.

Summers signed with a team in Europe. I couldn't find anything in English announcing it though.

I like Summers, and I enjoyed watching him play in the summer league in Vegas after we drafted him. He showed a lot of potential as a scorer, and was often the best scoring threat on the floor that summer. I think some time in Europe will be great for his career, and he'll come back a more valuable player with more NBA skills.

Best of luck to him!

I remember Drew Sharp going on and on about how we would rue the day the Pistons traded Rodney.

I remember Drew Sharp going on and on about how we would rue the day the Pistons traded Rodney.

Maybe White was his hookup.