Deleterious

Pistons Offseason

From rotoworld:

Newly-hired Lakers coach Mike Brown has begun assembling his coaching staff, expressing interest in Hornets assistant Michael Malone and Pistons coach John Kuester.

There is a good chance that Kuester will be released by the Pistons this summer, at which point Brown seems eager to add him to the staff. Malone was the architect of Cleveland's defense during the years Brown coached the Cavs, and is largely responsible for vastly improving the Hornets' defense this year.

Good sign for the Pistons....

From rotoworld:

Newly-hired Lakers coach Mike Brown has begun assembling his coaching staff, expressing interest in Hornets assistant Michael Malone and Pistons coach John Kuester.

There is a good chance that Kuester will be released by the Pistons this summer, at which point Brown seems eager to add him to the staff. Malone was the architect of Cleveland's defense during the years Brown coached the Cavs, and is largely responsible for vastly improving the Hornets' defense this year.

Good sign for the Pistons....

Does that mean Kuester will be installing the same intricate offense that he ran with the Cavs?

If so, the League better be ready for a lot of incredibly suprising Kobe Bryant clear outs!

Does that mean Kuester will be installing the same intricate offense that he ran with the Cavs?

If so, the League better be ready for a lot of incredibly suprising Kobe Bryant clear outs!

I would hope that he'd be able to actually use the useful players the Lakers have (as opposed to the Cavs at the time), but Kuester's strategy and game planning doesn't seem to support that idea.

Rumors are that there is a three team trade in the works involving the Cavs, TWolves, and Pistons that would net the Cavs the #1 and #2 picks in the draft.

Sorry if it's already been posted. Not sure what the trade would be.

Rumors are that there is a three team trade in the works involving the Cavs, TWolves, and Pistons that would net the Cavs the #1 and #2 picks in the draft.

Sorry if it's already been posted. Not sure what the trade would be.

Is this the trade where I've seen on twitter that the Pistons are going to trade Hamilton + #8 pick... for cap space?

Is this the trade where I've seen on twitter that the Pistons are going to trade Hamilton + #8 pick... for cap space?

Pretty much. The goal is to get rid of Rip's contract. Meh, I think I'd rather have the pick as I think we could get a pretty talented player at #8. Not a star, but definitely a guy who can start in this league.

Here is the trade Buddha is talking about.

Twitter

Cavs, Pistons, Twolves discussing 3-team trade that would give Cavs 1st & 2nd picks, sources say.
Cavs absorb Rip Hamilton into 14.6 mill trade exception & get Det's 8th pick. Cavs send 4th & 8th picks to Minny for 2nd pick
Cavs would then draft Kyrie No. 1 and Derrick Williams No. 2. Nothing imminent but trade us being discussed by the teams.

That trade actually makes sense for all three teams.

But it's a little hard to swallow that we have to trade a lottery pick to get rid of Rip.

And if that's the case, how can Dumars keep his job? He gave Rip that contract and now has to give up a lottery pick to get rid of him and gets NOTHING in return? Oy vey.

Maybe now people will stop talking as if Hamilton has any trade value at all.

If anything, he has negative value.

I can just picture the look on Kobe, Artest and Odom's faces with Kuester in charge.

Not at his contract no. So what though, neither do Gordon, CV or Maxiel. At least in Rip's case the Pistons are paying for past performance and contribution to their organization. With Gordon and the rest they are paying for Dumar's stupidity.

I can just picture the look on Kobe, Artest and Odom's faces with Kuester in charge.

kobe-bryant.jpg

Ron-Artest-pics-Gallery-pic-11.jpg

Lamar-Odom-Almost-Left-To-Avoid-California-Taxes.jpg

(Lamar doesn't care because he still has his reality TV show)

Vincent Goodwill

Source: #Pistons wouldn't trade Rip, who's almost becoming an expiring contract w/lockout coming, and get rid of a draft pick
#Pistons trade not happening. What's in it for them? You can almost trade rip player for player. Sounds like Cle leaked some fantasy b-ball

Lamar-Odom-Almost-Left-To-Avoid-California-Taxes.jpg

(Lamar doesn't care because he still has his reality TV show)

And is married to khl.... never mind.

Broussard broke this rumor....was it another Maverick Carter tip?

The Vinces were on this one, doesn't make sense, won't happen. Especially when we don't know what the new CBA looks like or if there is even going to be a season. Would've been a bad sign for the Gores era if his first move was to give up #8 even in a bad draft just to cut payroll, when the team is already under the cap, and needs young talent in the worst way.

I really believe the Pistons will be able to unload Rip at the deadline or at the very least next summer.

That trade actually makes sense for all three teams.

But it's a little hard to swallow that we have to trade a lottery pick to get rid of Rip.

And as much as this stinks to lose a lottery pick, you are right, it actually does make some sense.

Amazing, it takes losing one of the few resources you have to get some youth here and help build on a new identity to possibly move ahead.

Maybe this will free us up some money to extend Max with.

Not at his contract no. So what though, neither do Gordon, CV or Maxiel. At least in Rip's case the Pistons are paying for past performance and contribution to their organization. With Gordon and the rest they are paying for Dumar's stupidity.

More the reason why Rip should've shown some respect last season instead of whining and underperforming when he did play.

Consequently, it's also the reason he deserves to get dumped on a little bit more. Had a chance to prove himself as a leader and he did anything but that.

Well the deal hasn't happened yet.

David Aldridge tweeted "Source: absolutely no chance of supposed 3 way with CLE, MIN, DET happening. None. Zero. Why would Pistons have 2 give up first 2 move Rip? "

I am all for clearing cap space but not at the cost of a lottery pick because I don't believe a lot of cap space in free agency is going to do much for this team in the near future.

The Pistons should be trying much harder to trade Ben Gordon than Hamilton IMO.

I am all for clearing cap space but not at the cost of a lottery pick because I don't believe a lot of cap space in free agency is going to do much for this team in the near future.

The Pistons should be trying much harder to trade Ben Gordon than Hamilton IMO.

Agreed on all counts.