Deleterious

Pistons Offseason

Why are you willing to give him more time? He's done absolutely nothing but give the Pistons the least promising roster in the entire NBA, and they're straddled with a bunch of commitments for multi-year deals. The franchise is absolutely nowhere close to heading in the right direction in any shape or form. Who cares if Daye sucks? I'd rather watch him suck than Tayshaun and his broken down, has-been body run up and down the court non-chalantly. At least play the young guys, if they lose, who cares, the only way to win in the NBA is to rack up lottery picks if you're a team like Detroit right now.

I'm not saying he necessarily deserves another chance, but he has been given one so I don't have a problem seeing it through. Trading Billups and Afflalo while signing CV and Gordon was an awful set of moves, but he basically hasn't been allowed to trade for a few years and has drafted well recently. Stuckey,Afflalo,Jerebko,Monroe and Knight is a solid set of picks and while it looks like Daye might not really work out, I don't think its a total bust either. I doubt many guys around the league have a better record over that time, especially without a pick in the top 5.

Its like you say, the task he has been asked to do is near impossible. Pretty much every GM out there has some horrendous moves on their record, but most of them don't have a championship and 6 ECF appearances on their resume. Especially without the aid of a superstar player. He's basically had 2 chances to build a team and one was a pretty colossal flop while the other was wildly successful. If some other guy had been our GM and we fired him, and Joe D came to apply for our opening with that resume, I think we'd hire him in a second. Fans get bored and want change all of the time, but I'm not sure there is much evidence to suggest that there is someone out there that is particularly likely to do a better job.

I do like Kevin Pritchard though if we do fire him :)

I posted this in the most recent game thread, but I'll post it here again because it seems more relevant to this discussion that what was going on in that thread:

It pisses me off the Pistons signed Tayshaun and Rodney. They aren't going to be part of the solution and they have limited trade value at best.

I'd like a Dumars apologist to explain how signing them is going to help rebuild the Pistons.

Stuckey can be part of the future, Tayshaun is still a good player, both are on reasonable deals which shouldn't be hard to move.

The only solution in the NBA is to get a top player, usually through the draft, Stuckey and Prince don't inhibit that

Stuckey can be part of the future, Tayshaun is still a good player, both are on reasonable deals which shouldn't be hard to move.

The only solution in the NBA is to get a top player, usually through the draft, Stuckey and Prince don't inhibit that

I see no value rewarding a player like Stuckey when he's proven himself to be a selfish, spoiled and a part of the problem from the past.

I think Prince has value if you are closer to being a quality team, but he has some of the same baggage that Stuckey does, and is a vet with that baggage. Plus, Prince has always wanted to be more of a complimentary piece to a strong lineup vs. the primary piece on an average to weaker lineup. So he's the opposite of what you want for what you have on your roster.

I saw no value having either on the team this year, really.

Demarcus Cousins demanded a trade, maybe. I imagine Joe would be interested, but maybe his behavior so far in the NBA would deter him. Not sure what we'd give, unless it was Monroe. Would people do that?

I wouldn't give up Monroe for Cousins. I liked Cousins a lot coming out, but his attitude seems absolutely terrible.

For what it is worth, Cousins' agent says there is no trade demand and the Kings said they aren't trading him.

Cousins was arguing with Westphal and said if thats how you feel, then trade me. Not exactly a demand.

I don't see how Westphal isn't fired instantly. First, why is a coach releasing that press release? Second, why say your player demanded a trade? It lowers his value. Plus in this case, it doesn't look like its even true.

Tyreke Evans has been mouthing off about him a bit as well. His days are numbered.

Cousins was arguing with Westphal and said if thats how you feel, then trade me. Not exactly a demand.

I don't see how Westphal isn't fired instantly. First, why is a coach releasing that press release? Second, why say your player demanded a trade? It lowers his value. Plus in this case, it doesn't look like its even true.

Tyreke Evans has been mouthing off about him a bit as well. His days are numbered.

It sounds to me like Westphal has the backing of management on this one so if the King's organization is okay with letting Westphal be the one to go with public with this, then I have no problem with what Westphal did.

No way I would trade Monroe for Cousins. I was a huge supporter of Cousins coming out of Kentucky and was willing to overlook his behavior problems as just immaturity but that is a mistake, especially now. He needs to go to a veteran team where the veterans will police the locker room.

It sounds to me like Westphal has the backing of management on this one so if the King's organization is okay with letting Westphal be the one to go with public with this, then I have no problem with what Westphal did.

No way I would trade Monroe for Cousins. I was a huge supporter of Cousins coming out of Kentucky and was willing to overlook his behavior problems as just immaturity but that is a mistake, especially now. He needs to go to a veteran team where the veterans will police the locker room.

What exactly are the Kings going to say now that the cat is out of the bag? They have no choice except to support what he did now. Unless the coach is also the GM, no way does he go public with a players trade demand. You didn't hear Karl, Sloan, Van Gundy, or any other coaches announcing their players wanted to be traded.

He'll be another one of those super talented players that in a few years will get a near max deal. But because of his attitude problems he will get traded and traded and traded again. Then he will turn into a guy that just sits at the end of the bench and never plays cause the team just doesn't want to deal with him. Then once the deal is finally up he will be out of the league. So no I don't want the 2nd coming of Eddie Curry on this team.

What exactly are the Kings going to say now that the cat is out of the bag? They have no choice except to support what he did now. Unless the coach is also the GM, no way does he go public with a players trade demand. You didn't hear Karl, Sloan, Van Gundy, or any other coaches announcing their players wanted to be traded.

It is pure speculation that Westphal is the only one who wants to get rid of Cousins. And if a player is demanding to be traded, is he really going to keep it a secret? This was going to come out one way or the other with Cousins involved.

It is pure speculation that Westphal is the only one who wants to get rid of Cousins. And if a player is demanding to be traded, is he really going to keep it a secret? This was going to come out one way or the other with Cousins involved.

It's not pure speculation. The Kings said he wont be traded. A player demanding a trade is completely different than a team wanting to trade a player.

It's not pure speculation. The Kings said he wont be traded. A player demanding a trade is completely different than a team wanting to trade a player.

Not sure how true it is,but an article I saw in the free press basically said they weren't shopping him, but would listen and that a 1st rounder might get it done. If it was a 2013, I'd do it for sure.

Fesenko is still out there. Last I heard he was looking at Dallas, but then they signed Yi. He must have some sort of injury.

https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/155008962561982464

Paul Westphal is out as Kings coach.

Fesenko is still out there. Last I heard he was looking at Dallas, but then they signed Yi. He must have some sort of injury.

He does, he's still recovering from knee surgery. Not too major IIRC.