Deleterious

Pistons Offseason

Well, it doesn't sound like Stuckey will be back...just check out his Twitter. What an *******. Oh well, would have just been another large contract for us...

Hope this is the lineup:

PG Brandon Knight

SG Ben Gordon

SF Tayshaun Prince

PF Jonas Jerebko

C Greg Monroe

If BG has a nice first half, we could probably find a trade partner.

Well, it doesn't sound like Stuckey will be back...just check out his Twitter. What an *******. Oh well, would have just been another large contract for us...

Is that his real account?? It's not verified and some of the things he tweets make me think it can't be him.

Rodney Stuckey @HimOn1

What was said on his twitter (if it was him)? I do not have a account and don't really care to create one.

Just found it here:

Unverified Rodney Stuckey twitter account tweets about wanting out of Detroit « PistonPowered

Honestly, I do not have any hard feelings if that is him. He is only speaking his mind and not really bad mouthing the Pistons. He just wants out from a team that is clearly still a long ways from winning. Can we do a sign and trade with him? The return does not have to be that great...just something decent so we don't lose him for nothing.

There's no way that's him! Here are some of that user's tweets..

@rodstuckey3 Grow up. U know Ur not me. I can't believe u have to try and act like someone u r really not.

@rodstuckey3 I don't need to tell u nothing. U tell me where r u at right now?

@mtedder22: @HimOn1 I feel bad for you..This team is going nowhere fast. You could be an awesome scorer, off the bench, on a good team!”

I really, really hope it is his account. Whatever gets the Pistons to let him go will make me a happy man. If both Stuckey and Rip are gone, I'll consider it a successful off-season. If only we could find a way to add CV to the mix as well.

I really, really hope it is his account. Whatever gets the Pistons to let him go will make me a happy man. If both Stuckey and Rip are gone, I'll consider it a successful off-season. If only we could find a way to add CV to the mix as well.

That would be a dream scenario.

PISTONS: Pistons Sign Guard-Forward Damien Wilkins

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – The Detroit Pistons announced today that they have signed guard-forward Damien Wilkins. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Wilkins, 31, appeared in 52 games for the Atlanta Hawks last season averaging 3.5 points and 1.7 rebounds in 13.0 minutes per game. He appeared in eight postseason contests with the Hawks, averaging 1.8 points and 1.0 rebounds in 4.9 minutes per game. The seven-year NBA pro has career averages of 6.8 points, 2.6 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 20.0 minutes in 442 games with Seattle, Oklahoma City, Minnesota and Atlanta. Undrafted out of the University of Georgia, Wilkins enjoyed his best season a pro with Seattle in 2007-08 when he averaged 9.2 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 76 games (31 starts). He scored a career-high 41 points with a season-high nine rebounds at Atlanta (11/16) that season in addition to notching his 2,000th career point vs. Phoenix (3/19/08).

Wilkins is the son of 13-year NBA veteran Gerald Wilkins and nephew of Atlanta Hawks legend Dominique Wilkins.

For in-depth analysis by website editor Keith Langlois and special video interviews, visit THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE DETROIT PISTONS, the official source for news and features on the Detroit Pistons.

Another body for the bench.

@vgoodwill

CV looked good for the white team, hitting perimeter shots, getting hands on the ball and running the floor... #Pistons

As you read these, I picture your eyes rolling.

Apparently they can't "see" the defensive end of the court.

haha, nice.

Friday night preseason game, I will watch only because I never do anything on Friday night, and I am really craving some NBA.

I am guessing the Thursday schedule will be a little more jam packed this year.

chadfordinsider Chad Ford

Just filed to ESPN: Pistons & restricted FA Rodney Stuckey at an impasse. Stuckey balking at Pistons' 5 year, $40-45 million offer

Wait.... AAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hey Stuckey, take a hike buddy.

Told ya he is gonna get paid.

@chadfordinsider

Stuckey's reps have contacted a couple of teams about sign-and-trades. Very unlikely Pistons will agree to one. They want to keep him.
Stuckey's people threatening to take Pistons' 1 year qualifying offer. If they do, he's an unrestricted FA in summer of 2012.

Why wouldn't the Pistons look at sign and trade options?

They don't want to encourage him to find a deal that pays him more than they are offering in return for bad players. Then they have to pay him or trade him for crap. The less outside options he has, the more leverage they have in negotiations.

How can Dumars honestly believe paying Stuckey $10M a year for 4 years is a good move?

It's a 5 year offer. But $8-$9M a year doesn't make it hurt any less in my opinion.

On the other hand, I can certainly see why Stuckey is asking for this type of money.

It's a 5 year offer. But $8-$9M a year doesn't make it hurt any less in my opinion.

On the other hand, I can certainly see why Stuckey is asking for this type of money.

Stuckey is justified in asking for this kind of money. I don't think he's worth that kind of money to the Pistons though, and I really don't understand how Dumars is trying to build this roster. It's as if he is satisfied having the Pistons be stuck in NBA purgatory.