Edited by fyrftrjim

Pawtucket @ Toledo

Game Time: 2:00 pm

chancetstorms.gif

Chance of T-storms

40% chance of precipitation

Chance of a Thunderstorm

81° F | 63° F

Partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Game time temp: 79° F

Radar: Current Detroit-Pontiac NEXRAD Radar Map : Weather Underground

Erie @ Bowie

Game Time: 2:05 pm

chancetstorms.gif

Chance of T-storms

83° F | 63° F

Mostly sunny. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds around 5 mph... becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Game time temp: 81° F

Radar: Current Sterling NEXRAD Radar Map : Weather Underground

Bradenton @ Lakeland

Game Time: 1:00 pm

partlycloudy.gif

Partly Cloudy

94° F | 70° F

Game time temp: 89° F

Radar: Current Tampa NEXRAD Radar Map : Weather Underground

Fort Wayne @ West Michigan

Game Time: 1:00 pm

chancetstorms.gif

Chance of T-storms

83° F | 61° F

Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

Game time temp: 79° F

Radar: Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

Sounds like LFT just had a triple play and I think it centered around Manager interference for coming onto the field while in play...now two Marauders are fighting. Results coming....

Darn and I left in the 7th to, breeze was gone and it started to get hot even in the shade.

If I understand correctly, with two on and no outs a long blooper went out to RF Avasail Garcia. He made a diving catch (ruled a catch). As he gets up the ball is on the ground and the runners advance. Runners thrown out at 2B and 1B. Somewhere in here the Marauders Mgr comes on the field and attacks the umpire. Triple play now called a 9-5-6 with two ejections and the announcer says Garcia made the catch and then dropped it rolling to get upright. Sorry I had to leave early. Faulk on to close with LFT up 4-2.

Didn't realize that, Chambers, playing for Bradenton is from Lakeland and played for Lakeland High, cool.

If I understand correctly, with two on and no outs a long blooper went out to RF Avasail Garcia. He made a diving catch (ruled a catch). As he gets up the ball is on the ground and the runners advance. Runners thrown out at 2B and 1B. Somewhere in here the Marauders Mgr comes on the field and attacks the umpire. Triple play now called a 9-5-6 with two ejections and the announcer says Garcia made the catch and then dropped it rolling to get upright. Sorry I had to leave early. Faulk on to close with LFT up 4-2.

Same hear, but it also sounded like the base umpire chased after the player and wouldn't let the argument end.

Both Castellanos and Francisco Martinez taken out of the game today. Castellanos out for Gulliver in the 7th (maybe a defensive replacement?) and Martinez yanked in the 5th after a 3-3 day with a homer and a steal. Hope he didn't tweak something.

Same hear, but it also sounded like the base umpire chased after the player and wouldn't let the argument end.
Announcer concurs. said Rivera should have left it with "That's enough!"

LFT take the win allowing one run in the top of the ninth with a runner in scoring position for the tie. 4-3 the final. Bradenton now has lost 5 in a row and their 12th 1 run game. Also in the altercation one of the Bradenton players was ejected.

1st and 2nd, no outs. Hess walked the first two guys. This batter failed to sacrifice then hit a bloop into right field, I thought Avi didn't catch it, but it was ruled a catch. Both baserunners take off as the ball came loose. Because the field ump was near the shortstop, home plate ump makes the call. Avi throws the ball to first for the second out. Pirate manager is irate and is thrown out within 10 seconds. I never understood where the third out came from until I got home and read the posts. I missed the beginning of the second argument but as the Pirate RF goes out to right, he starts agrueing with the base ump and gets tossed. I just thought the Pirate players were restraining him but could be wrong.

Wesson pitched great. I didn't look up how many strikeouts he had but should have been a season high. Bullpen was shaky.

When I got in my truck to leave, thermometer on the dashboard read 106.

Larry

2011 AAT Kenny Faulk

Probably total confusion as well in the LFT press box calling that one. Wish I could have been there. I have only seen one triple play and it was with my son's Dixie Youth team.

1st and 2nd, no outs. Hess walked the first two guys. This batter failed to sacrifice then hit a bloop into right field, I thought Avi didn't catch it, but it was ruled a catch. Both baserunners take off as the ball came loose. Because the field ump was near the shortstop, home plate ump makes the call. Avi throws the ball to first for the second out. Pirate manager is irate and is thrown out within 10 seconds. I never understood where the third out came from until I got home and read the posts. I missed the beginning of the second argument but as the Pirate RF goes out to right, he starts agrueing with the base ump and gets tossed. I just thought the Pirate players were restraining him but could be wrong.

Wesson pitched great. I didn't look up how many strikeouts he had but should have been a season high. Bullpen was shaky.

When I got in my truck to leave, thermometer on the dashboard read 106.

Larry

2011 AAT Kenny Faulk

Walked 3, struckout 5. I'm starting not to be a fan of Robowski, yes he can throw hard, but he seems to me he doesn't no where to locate his pitches, half the time he's throwing a fastball right down the middle. Location is his problem, well atleast what I saw of him.

The whole triple play happened so fast it was hard to tell what was going on. From my vantage point the ball wasn't a valid catch so everything that happened after that was a surprise / chaos and took a bit to register but have to say LFT players were thinking fast to make the most of the situation.

Erie banged out 12 hits in their 6-1 win.

Martinez 3 hits including a HR. Bishop two hits and 2 RBI.

Sorensen scattered 7 hits over his seven, and Wood threw two hitless IP. Austin has given up only 1 ER in 10 May innings of work.

Kenny Faulk gets his tenth save for Lakeland.

Whitecaps win 2-1. Rondon gets save #6, two more K's, and lowered his ERA to 1.62, atta boy AAT !!

Smith threw 5.2 innings of one-hit baseball, nice. Three more hits for Hernan Perez, who is now batting .343

Edited by DaYooperASBDT

Does anybody know why Ferrell came out after only 2 1/3 innings? He wasn't getting bombed.

The whole triple play happened so fast it was hard to tell what was going on. From my vantage point the ball wasn't a valid catch so everything that happened after that was a surprise / chaos and took a bit to register but have to say LFT players were thinking fast to make the most of the situation.
Reading Mocman's view brings it into perspective. I couldn't figure how a 9-5-6 worked into the play until I learned Garcia threw to the SS who was covering 1B, who threw to the 3Bman who was covering 2B.

Anybody know what happened to Martinez? The website says he left the game with "an injury" but I can't find anything more specific.

I hope it's nothing major. As a 20-year-old in AA, he has posted a .929 OPS so far this May (after a slow April). If he hits like this for the rest of the year, he'll be in Detroit before Castellanos.

His strikeout to walk ratio is not pretty, but that's not alarming for someone so young. As one of my former AATs, here's to hoping he's out only a few games.

Anybody know what happened to Martinez? The website says he left the game with "an injury" but I can't find anything more specific.

I hope it's nothing major. As a 20-year-old in AA, he has posted a .929 OPS so far this May (after a slow April). If he hits like this for the rest of the year, he'll be in Detroit before Castellanos.

His strikeout to walk ratio is not pretty, but that's not alarming for someone so young. As one of my former AATs, here's to hoping he's out only a few games.

From what I heard he bruised his shin, not sure how he did it though.

Does anybody know why Ferrell came out after only 2 1/3 innings? He wasn't getting bombed.

Ferrell to DL, Elbow problems, (Tigstown Mark's twitter page.)