nd1377

Article: "Improved physique has Matthew Stafford feeling like new man"

Matthew Stafford in better shape

Most important part of the article:

Beverly Hills — One of the first things receiver Nate Burleson noticed when he got to the Lions' second workout session at Detroit Country Day Tuesday was the thick and chiseled upper body of quarterback Matthew Stafford.

"Yeah, he looks really good," Burleson said. "It's good to see Matt out here zipping that ball around. It's what I saw and felt when I first got to Detroit last season, which was Matt at his best. He's looking pretty good right now."

I have been all over Stafford to get in better shape. I hope this is true.

I never knew there was strawberry and raspberry fluff. That would be kind of tasty.

I don't get how this is fluff ..... he's either in good shape or he isn't. He seems to be in good shape. Good.

I never knew there was strawberry and raspberry fluff. That would be kind of tasty.

Welp, I'm off to gain 30 lbs.

I don't get how this is fluff ..... he's either in good shape or he isn't. He seems to be in good shape. Good.

Reads an awful lot to me like the standard off-season piece about player X, who is in the best shape of his life and poised to have his greatest season ever.

Seems pretty legit. His teammates are saying he is ripped, I believe he is ripped.

Stafford will be too ripped to have a proper throwing motion and his ability as a QB will suffer as a result. : )

Whatever... sometimes "fluff" pieces aren't just fluff. It's silly to lump them all together as if there's nothing to them.

Whatever... sometimes "fluff" pieces aren't just fluff. It's silly to lump them all together as if there's nothing to them.

I'd suggest pretty much all fluff pieces have something to them. It isn't as if reporters simply make up a story out of the blue. I am sure Bonderman did work on his change-up and he thought it was progressing. I am sure coaches have reasons to be optimistic about something in the off-season. I am sure Stafford is in better shape today than he was. The question is whether or not it is significant.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

QB's are normally always relatively the least "buff" players on the team. Not sure how this story is anything postive or negative. Was his arm strength an issue I don't know about? All the muscle in the world won't stop his shoulder from separating.

All the muscle in the world won't stop his shoulder from separating.

Are you sure? I have no medical training but it seems reasonable that more muscle over the area would make it more stable.

Are you sure? I have no medical training but it seems reasonable that more muscle over the area would make it more stable.

This is correct. I have dislocated and separated my shoulder many of times. And the main reason they say its not getting stronger is because I dont work the muscles around it. The stronger the muscles the less likely a separation or dislocation will occur.

Some people are born to be fluffed and others are professional fluffers.

Matthew Stafford Gets a Chance to Throw to Titus Young SideLion Report | A Detroit Lions Blog

This doesn't looked ripped to me. I just want his shoulder to stay healthy for a year.

Add: I'm not looking for him to be ripped. I just want his shoulder to be good. Brady Quinn has proved ripped doesn't mean good. It means mediocre.

Edited by BigBoiKzoo