Sign in to follow this  
MSUBrian11

2011-2012 Michigan State Basketball Thread

After the 2010-2011 season, i'm cool with saying just cut the fat. Pun intended.

*** Tom Izzo couldn't be reached on his phone, but he submitted this comment through Matt Larson: “Based on the information we have received, Derrick Nix has been suspended indefinitely from our basketball team, and his future with our program is uncertain. He made an irresponsible decision that has put his future with our program in serious jeopardy.”

Posted by Joe Rexrode at 12:07:47 PM

Yikes. Whatever coach wants to do I'm fine with. He is the one that knows of any past issues that Nix has had.

IF he was high while driving then that'd be a huge deal and I'd be content with booting him. The problem is that he could have had THC in his system from weeks prior that still tested positive.

I was under the impression he was high, but maybe that wasnt factual.

Either way, I'm sure Iowa State has a few spots open.

First rumor was it was a DUI (not true)...then rumor was he was driving and he had pot in his car...then he was driving, had pot, and was actually high (or at least tested positive). Who knows.

Trust in Izzo.