Shinma

5/12/11. WCSF, Game 7. Red Wings @ Sharks. Versus/CBC/FSNDHD. 9:00pm. Series TIED 3-3

Hopefully ...

San_Jose_Sharks_0231.jpg?stamp=1304636674

And 8470794.jpg and 8466139.jpg and 8471682.jpg.

I could go on, but I don't want to seem greedy.:rambo:

I would love to see an OT showdown tied 0-0 (can you imagine???)

but, I actually expect the Wings to blow them out, 5-0 or 6-0.

4 hours 39 minutes 15 seconds!!!

I am not anxious, and I think it is because even if the Wings lose, they've shown me an awful lot. They put their best foot forward, never quit or pussed out, and if they lose, so be it.

Because there is some thought that the Wings broke through and solved the Sharks as evidenced by their Game 6 domination. That sometimes happens later in a series. Teams play pretty even for several games, then one side finally figures the other out and is almost easily able to close them out. Doesn't always happen. Game 5 of the '09 SCF in which the Wings dominated but then went on to lose Games 6 and 7 is a perfect example. But if the Wings carry on in the 1st period right where they left off in Game 6, we'll realize that it could be the case in this instance.

Ok. I got it and that makes sense.

I think the Sharks are a team of destiny. Which is why the Wings will win tonight.

I think the Sharks are a team of destiny. Which is why the Wings will win tonight.

Well played.

Anxious? Not at all. It's just a game. OK, who am I kidding?

No nail-biters for me. I want Neimi chased before the first period is over. I definitely don't want to see overtime. I remember the game 7 v. the Blues when Stevie scored in double overtime, and I've never been on the edge of my seat more than then. Definitely something I don't need to re-live...

I'm hoping for a couple quick ones by the boys in red to quiet the place down and a Howard masterpiece to finish the job.

I contend that Tuesday's game was the most intense game at the Joe since the yzerman game vs stl.

Any other nominations?

I was at the stl game, btw. One of my favorite in person sports memories.

I contend that Tuesday's game was the most intense game at the Joe since the yzerman game vs stl.

Any other nominations?

Any other nominations?

Game 7 vs the Ducks in '09? The 2 most recent Cup winners, some really nasty players on the Ducks, tied until 3 minutes to go ...

That Anaheim game 7 is a good one. Wings had a couple two goal leads in that one, though, cutting down on time spent being nervous. They never trailed in that game, and it was only tied for about 25 minutes. It's close, but still behind that stl game, IMO.

Any other nominations?

It is definitely up there with the best of them. It set a FSD viewing record, with approximetely 367,000 homes watching it.

I'd like to see some dirty goals on Niemi tonight. I'd also like to a shark Kronwalled or Clearied. The Red Wings will do well to try to get to Niemi early and keep on him.

Of course, let me add to my arbitrary criteria the requirement that the wings won the game....

Some forwards getting Kronwalled and Niemi getting Holmstromed, as long as Hmer doesn't get zebra'd.

Of course, let me add to my arbitrary criteria the requirement that the wings won the game....

Game 6, WCF, 1997 vs Avs? Just a year after your St. Louis game but so much had transpired in the meantime. Probably the most nervous I've ever been the day of a game. Wings dominated, but couldn't put the Avs away, and that Colorado goal with 5 minutes to go completely against the run of play made the final few minutes excruciating. On the other hand, the Wings weren't facing elimination that night, although a Game 7 in Colorado would have been scary.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game 6, WCF, 1997 vs Avs? Just a year after your St. Louis game but so much had transpired in the meantime. Probably the most nervous I've ever been the day of a game. Wings dominated, but couldn't put the Avs away, and that Colorado goal with 5 minutes to go completely against the run of play made the final few minutes excruciating. On the other hand, the Wings weren't facing elimination that night, although a Game 7 in Colorado would have been scary.

Nah, gotta be a game where wings faced elimination.

Good memory on all of these.

I know I'm adding a lot of criteria, but I'm just trying to illustrate how unique Tuesday's game was for fans at the Joe.

Obviously people react differently to different scenarios. Personally, being able to celebrate after agonizing for so long in the face of what seems like certain elimination means a lot to me.

Nah, gotta be a game where wings faced elimination.

Good memory on all of these.

I know I'm adding a lot of criteria, but I'm just trying to illustrate how unique Tuesday's game was for fans at the Joe.

Obviously people react differently to different scenarios. Personally, being able to celebrate after agonizing for so long in the face of what seems like certain elimination means a lot to me.

It's just nice to see how engaged Wings fans at the Joe and online and in everyday life and at out-of-town arenas have remained in recent years. There was some concern just before and just after the lockout that perhaps Wings fans were becoming a bit jaded and blase. Certainly not the case in 2007-2011 playoff games.

Wings conference finals appearances of the past 25 years, seasons ending in:

201?!?!

I'm picking Douglas Murray as the winner of the Dale Hunter award for biggest cheap shot delivered late in a game by the team getting their *** kicked.