Shinma

5/12/11. WCSF, Game 7. Red Wings @ Sharks. Versus/CBC/FSNDHD. 9:00pm. Series TIED 3-3

Proud too, but I just wish the Wings would have gotten a few more bounces and more calls from the refs. It isn't against the rules to totally crosscheck a player in front of the net? And yet, the refs let it go several times tonight.

Except the way the Wings played on the PP tonight, the refs could have called 10 penalties against the Sharks and the Wings still wouldn't have converted.

The injuries to Bertuzzi and Cleary really hurt. Look who the Wings had on the ice the final 25 seconds.

They are saying concussions for Bertuzzi and Cleary...

But does anyone else feel as if Juri Hudler was a key cog in the lost tonight? He reminded me of the little leaguer who doesnt want the ball hit to him. Theres no confidence left there. He would get the puck and force a bad pass quickly even if he was in the slot or with a chance for a shot. There was one instance very late where he got the puck had momentum towards the slow and then dumped it back to a unsuspecting player. I believe the other player corralled it but not right away.

He had a spell where he was hot in what, mid/late December? Other then that this has been a problem all year confidence wise.

They are saying concussions for Bertuzzi and Cleary...

But does anyone else feel as if Juri Hudler was a key cog in the lost tonight? He reminded me of the little leaguer who doesnt want the ball hit to him. Theres no confidence left there. He would get the puck and force a bad pass quickly even if he was in the slot or with a chance for a shot. There was one instance very late where he got the puck had momentum towards the slow and then dumped it back to a unsuspecting player. I believe the other player corralled it but not right away.

He had a spell where he was hot in what, mid/late December? Other then that this has been a problem all year confidence wise.

He blew his career going to Russia's KHL. Hope he thinks that one year bump in pay was worth it. I'd be happy to never see him in a Wings jersey again.

I guess losing Bertuzzi and Cleary tonight softens the blow of the loss a bit. Because I don't think we lost the Stanley Cup tonight. Not with having to get by Vancouver without Franzen, Bertuzzi and Cleary. I don't think Franzen was going to be anywhere close to 100% anytime soon and no telling how much the other two would miss with concussions. Bizarre though that Bertuzzi's concussion was self-inflicted and Cleary came from a hit by less-than-useless teammate Hudler.

I am not anxious, and I think it is because even if the Wings lose, they've shown me an awful lot. They put their best foot forward, never quit or pussed out, and if they lose, so be it.

Great post, as per usual. I'm sure that all Wings feel this way, even now.

Jimmy Howard is awesome, and a legit #1.

The Wings outplayed them again. Who knows how this series would have went without that momentum sapping 9 day layoff.

Niemi sucks but came up huge tonight.

Go Bolts.

Hat tip to a great series. I'm bummed but not a sad as I would have been if they had been smoked 4-0. Glad the vets went out with their guns firing.

j6xep5mLdA8

The vibe in the bar after the game was upbeat and positive. Each team could have won every game.

I like lordstanley's point about feeling like they didn't lose the cup tonight. With those 3 injuries it would have been tough to keep going anyway. 2007 and 2009 hurt more.

This was just a fun few weeks of hockey. I'll never forget it.

I was a little let down last night, but I keep thinking to myself, it could be worse, I could be a Twins fan.

The vibe in the bar after the game was upbeat and positive. Each team could have won every game.

I like lordstanley's point about feeling like they didn't lose the cup tonight. With those 3 injuries it would have been tough to keep going anyway. 2007 and 2009 hurt more.

This was just a fun few weeks of hockey. I'll never forget it.

It would've been nice to see the Wings win, but that was one outstanding series from the first to the final minute. I wish I recorded it. It was a classic.

every stinking game went down to the final minute! Other than last year's blowout in game 4 that's 11 of the last 12 playoff games between the two that did that. 4 OT games?

Jiri was effective a couple of years ago because he woud go to the net with some authority and create scoring chances...he was like mini Marian Hossa. I don't know where the hell that guy went because what we have now is a smaller Sergei "I only go wide now" Federov

It would've been nice to see the Wings win, but that was one outstanding series from the first to the final minute. I wish I recorded it. It was a classic.

I did, and I deleted it the second the Wings lost.

I just can't ever bring myself to rewatch a game on DVR if the Wings lose.

Having played without Franzen, Cleary, and Bertuzzi certainly softens the blow a bit since who knows what happens if those guys are healthy. I could watch most of the last 4 games anytime but probably not 7 again.

Well, I will say this: that's the least bummed out I've ever been after a series loss. Considering the injuries, and being down 3-0, they made an awful good run at it.

Next year, though-- MUST get past San Jose. I've had enough of those clowns.

Very bummed about the outcome, especially since it was San Jose, who I hate with a passion (their fans more than the players).

Anyway, I miss the days of little to no penalties called in the playoffs. Power plays just disrupt the flow of the games and no games or series should be decided by which team has the better PP or penalty killing. The Wings got out of sync just as the first penalty was called, and really didn't get it together until later in the second period. Even the Wings PP seemed to constantly disrupt their game as they played better on the 5-on-5. Refs are just way too whistle happy these days.

Those 3rd period slashing calls had to be made. It must be called when you break someones stick. Can you imagine what the game would be like if they let you get away with that move as a defender.

I did, and I deleted it the second the Wings lost.

I just can't ever bring myself to rewatch a game on DVR if the Wings lose.

Same here. I recorded it on my DVR and my PC TV tuner. I deleted the recordings as soon as they lost. Too heartbreaking, I never want to see that series again.