Oblong

Reports: Robert 'Tractor' Traylor found dead

In Puerto Rico.... heart attack?

not sure what forum to put this in.

Reports: Robert 'Tractor' Traylor found dead - CBSSports.com

Reports: Robert 'Tractor' Traylor found dead

Former NBA player Robert "Tractor" Traylor was reportedly found dead in Puerto Rico. Posted by Ben Golliver.

Robert "Tractor" Traylor, the No. 6 overall pick in the 1998 NBA Draft, was reportedly found dead in Puerto Rico, where he was playing for the Bayamon Cowboys. He was 34 years old.

ElNuevoDia.com reported that Traylor was "found dead in his apartment in Isla Verde" and had "presumably died of a massive heart attack." PrimeraHora.com also reported that Traylor was found dead. SNY.tv reported that Traylor was "found dead of a heart attack in his apartment."

The Bayamon Cowboys confirmed the passing on their official Facebook page. The message read: "The center of the Bayamon Cowboys, Robert "Tractor" Traylor, was found dead in his apartment in Isla Verde. The game tonight between Mayaguez and the Cowboys was suspended ....."

Cleveland.com reported that Traylor underwent "corrective heart surgery" in 2006 because of an "enlarged aortic valve."

Traylor, a McDonald's All-American heavyweight forward who attended the University of Michigan, played seven seasons in the NBA for the Milwaukee Bucks, Cleveland Cavaliers, and Charlotte/New Orleans Hornets. He is perhaps best known as the player who was traded for Dirk Nowitzki on draft night.

Traylor finished with career averages of 4.8 points and 3.7 rebounds in 14.3 minutes per game.

After his NBA career, Traylor played professional basketball in Turkey and Italy. He also made headlines in 2007 for pleading guilty to tax fraud charges in association with a drug dealer.

This post will be updated when additional information becomes available.

Mods move it if it belongs in another forum.

Geez - 34 years old and dead of a heart attack? Scary stuff. RIP Robert...I will always remember you destroying that backboard in AA...

So sad. Regardless of what happened off the court and what transpired, he was a great at Michigan. RIP Tractor

Geez - 34 years old and dead of a heart attack? Scary stuff. RIP Robert...I will always remember you destroying that backboard in AA...

traylor.jpg

Hopefully the other shoe won't drop on this story (sadly massive coronaries in the young rich today are not rarely cocaine intoxication)

Hopefully the other shoe won't drop on this story (sadly massive coronaries in the young rich today are not rarely cocaine intoxication)

Odd you mention this. I was just on DetNews and they have reposted an article about Traylor and how he was involved in a multi-million dollar drug trade a few years back and got busted. Your theory may have some validity.

News archive: How Traylor pulled down his career | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Wow, that is so sad ... same age as me... He was fun to watch -- big guy, running up the floor.

I still wish Kevin Garnett would've gone to college, that team -- while paid for -- would've been fun to watch.