MSU wins 7-1! Spartans will play in the 7:05p game tomorrow against the winner of the OSU v. Illinois game, which is coming up at 8:50p.

Good start, remember its double elimination, and purdue was just one game behind first in the standings.

7:05p: #2 Michigan State v. #1 Illinois

Illinois won 5-4 last night after scoring 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th.

Spartans are starting all-Big Ten first-teamer Tony Bucciferro tonight.

And just like that, Minnesota eliminates OSU (9-4) and Purdue (1-0)

Purdue sure had a rough time scoring this tournament. Plenty of hits (18) but only 1 run...

MSU lost to illinois last night, then eliminated defending champ minnesota this afternoon. MSU now plays illinois in about 3 minutes, and must beat them tonight and tomorrow to capture the conference title and bid. Last two remaining teams.

MSU lost to illinois last night, then eliminated defending champ minnesota this afternoon. MSU now plays illinois in about 3 minutes, and must beat them tonight and tomorrow to capture the conference title and bid. Last two remaining teams.

I see MSU lost to Illinois again tonight. Its a shame their season ended that way. Thats life in a bottom end conference, have to win the conference tournament. Makes the regular season pretty useless, but thats the way it goes I guess.

Regular season isnt completely useless, because only the top six make the conference tourney. But either way, illinois is playing lights out right now, and msu ran out of pitchers. Still a great season, and another conference championship for an MSU team.

Yeah, definitely never thought I would ever care about big ten baseball. When I was at MSU, I never even went to a game, and they were played on what amounted to a little league field. Now they have a beautiful new stadium and a winning product on the field. Exciting times, hopefully they can keep Boss around for a while.

MSUAD Four incoming #Spartan freshmen baseball players have been drafted by MLB teams. All are expected to be student-athletes on-campus.