Coach Boss has done wonders for this program, and even though theyre quite young, they welcome Purdue to McClane Stadium this weekend in a battle of first place teams. PSU was also tied for first last weekend coming into EL, and they were swept by MSU.

As for the subplot, Secondbaseman Ryan Jones is going for a 30 game hit streak this afternoon against WMU.

Big Ten Tourny starts in two weeks I believe. Would be nice to have the honor of being the big ten's sacrificial lamb come april.

I was able to catch some of the game against Penn State Saturday afternoon on the Big 10 network. I didn't watch enough to judge any of the players, but I am not a big fan of the hill in right field.

That might have something to do with the fact that the owner of the Astros has his name on the stadium. honestly dont recall the origin, other than being in a riverbed.

Munn Ice Arena certainly hopes so...

Crossing my fingers.

Great to see MSU actually mattering in baseball though.

Not to be a downer but because of Ryan Jones redshirt, he may be 21 before the draft and henceforth eligible for this year's draft. I checked the roster on the Michigan State website and it didn't include birthdates so I couldn't be completely sure but the possiblity exists .

Crossing my fingers.

Great to see MSU actually mattering in baseball though.

Well, the honest to goodness truth is that no Big Ten team matters in the true sense of the word...Not in the greater college baseball landscape...That said, as SV essentially typed previously - I wouldn't mind us mattering most of those that matter least!

For the second weekend in a row, a first place team comes into EL and gets swept. MSU is finally in sole possession of first, two game lead on Minnesota, who we've already beaten up on in EL.

Well, the honest to goodness truth is that no Big Ten team matters in the true sense of the word...Not in the greater college baseball landscape...That said, as SV essentially typed previously - I wouldn't mind us mattering most of those that matter least!

Very true, just see what happened to Big Ten champ 2 years ago in the tournament....:silly:

But in all seriousness, MSU is playing pretty darn well. Ive watched a couple games on BTN this year to get my College Baseball fix in after being all into last 4 years, pretty hard to follow college baseball up here. State has looked good (compared to other B10 teams) in games Ive seen.

I only saw some highlights this weekend on the Big Ten Network. Good for the Spartans. I think the Chips play them sometime this week. I'll have to see if anyone is doing a internet broadcast of the game.

BTW, did anyone go see the MSU-CMU game at Comerica Park earlier this year? I think it was a couple of weeks ago.

The new Sporting News has MSU in the other recieving votes category, effectively they are #37 in that poll. Not bad for a big ten team. Its equivalent to a MAC team being in the other recieving votes category in football.

BTW, I am not sure because I never had to worry about, but conference auto bids are decided by the tournament arent they? Hate to say it, but the reguar season is almost useless in a coference like the Big Ten if that is the case, because they are only getting 1 bid. Kind of unfair if you think about it, considering anyone can win any given day in baseball, especially in a conference like the Big Ten where I read that every single team in the conference has lost at least 2 conferece series.

Msu has swept the top three teams below us in the standings, so i feel good about our chances. I've never had to worry about this before either.