sagnam

Wings offseason

I'd still like to swing trades for Stephen Weiss in Florida and Blake Comeau from NY (Islanders). Comeau had 24 goals, 22 assists and 44 points total. Stephen Weiss had 21 goals, 28 assists and a 49 point tally.

Weiss and Comeau aren't going to melt the ice with skates of flash and sticks of fire, but a pair of 20-25 a year, goal scorers contributing 40-50 points might be exactly what this team needs to drizzle or top on it's already delicious sundae. We've got the big pieces (brownie layers, vanilla ice cream and the hot fudge) we just need something to keep the offensive spark going through the playoffs. Role players beat us in San Jose two years in a row (offensively speaking) and that's where I want some new blood in to start turning the table. Making two trades isn't too much is it? I wouldn't think so.

Put the cherry on top with either James Wisnewski, Christian Erhoff or Shane O'Brien and then will be bringing out a kick-*** sundae on the ice!

My trade offer still stands to swing both Weiss and Comeau in our general direction (who am I to play Ken Holland of course)...

Detroit Trades: (LW) Jiri Hudler and a prospect plus a 4th Round Pick 2011 to NY and a 3rd Round Pick 2011, 6th Round Pick 2011 to Florida

NY (Islanders) Trade: (RW) Blake Comeau to Detroit and (RW) P.A. Parenteau to Florida

Florida Trades: © Stephen Weiss to Detroit and 4th Round Pick 2011 to NY

Detroit Gets: Comeau from NY and Weiss from Florida

NY Gets: Hudler, Detroit Prospect, 4th Round Pick 2011 from Detroit and 4th Round Pick 2011 from Florida

Florida Gets: 3rd and 6th Round Picks 2011 from Detroit and P.A. Partenau from NY

Prospective lines next year...

Offensive Lines...

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen

Holmstrom-Filppula-Comeau

Bertuzzi-Helm-Cleary

Miller/Tatar-Weiss-Eaves/Tatar

Defensive Pairings...

Lidstrom-Kronwall/Stuart

Kronwall/Stuart-Wisnewski

Kindl-Ericsson

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

I have seen alot of Kings games and I would love for the Wings to somehow get Doughty. Wiz or Bieksa would be more realistic options or even Jovo if he takes a pay cut and is healthy.

Gonna be a interesting off season for Kenny and Co

The Hockey News: Rumor Roundup: Rumor Roundup: Maple Leafs want Brad Richards?

Confirms my guess that Holland is not a fan of going after RFA.

Yeah, I don't expect to him too, but I wonder if there's a way they could trade for Yandle or Bogosian the old-fashioned way after they've been re-signed by the Coyotes and, uh, Thrashers respectively.

Adam Almqvist has inked a three-year, entry-level contract.

The Red Wings selected Almqvist in the seventh round of the 2009 NHL entry draft. He had 16 points and a plus-20 rating in 52 Swedish Elite League games last season.

I like this, I was hoping they'd get a contract worked out. I believe he is still only 20 years old, and was the last pick of the 2009 draft. Hopefully he develops well, should stay in Sweden for another season I'd imagine.

This mlive link has more info on him:

Red Wings sign defenseman Adam Almqvist to three-year contract | MLive.com

Heard rumors about going for Eric Brewer. Any sources? I've looked but not very hard

Heard rumors about going for Eric Brewer. Any sources? I've looked but not very hard

Meh... I was under the impression that his defense wasn't all that great, but haven't watched him much. Also haven't seen his name mentioned anywhere.

The MLive article says he'll be joining the Griffins next year it seems.

Ya, I think that is mistaken. AA himself has said that he'll return to Sweden next year, I think the team said it too. Otherwise, there is some communication breakdown here and that's not good...

Adam Almqvist has inked a three-year, entry-level contract.

The Red Wings selected Almqvist in the seventh round of the 2009 NHL entry draft. He had 16 points and a plus-20 rating in 52 Swedish Elite League games last season.

I like this, I was hoping they'd get a contract worked out. I believe he is still only 20 years old, and was the last pick of the 2009 draft. Hopefully he develops well, should stay in Sweden for another season I'd imagine.

This mlive link has more info on him:

Red Wings sign defenseman Adam Almqvist to three-year contract | MLive.com

Think the guy is 5'7". Not too hip on a dman that small. Guy must be a wizard with the puck and skate like Paul Coffey to have gotten a 3 year entry contract.

Think the guy is 5'7". Not too hip on a dman that small. Guy must be a wizard with the puck and skate like Paul Coffey to have gotten a 3 year entry contract.

I just checked four different scouting sites, three had him listed as 5'10 and the other 5'11. If my conversion from HV71's site is right (my math is bad and it is in cm) he's listed at 5'11.

Maybe you're thinking of the last round pick from the most recent draft, I think the kid was from Minnesotta? Definitely a small high school kid.

AA's hockey sense is supposed to be out of this world and that plus minus at a young age in the Elite league is nice to see.

Is Hudler a center or a wing? Ive seen him listed as both.

He's a left winger now. He played center earlier in his career, but I think his skating is what drove him to the wing.

KuklasKorner : The Malik Report : Red Wings’ website drops a strong hint about Eaves, Miller’s returns

Per DetroitRedWings.com’s Bill Roose, it sounds like Patrick Eaves and Drew Miller won’t be heading anywhere:

General manager Ken Holland indicated last week that he would like to retain both role-playing forwards Patrick Eaves and Drew Miller. Each player has spent the last two seasons with the Red Wings on one-year contracts, and both are eligible to be free agents on July 1. Eaves, who had 25 goals and 17 assists in the last two seasons, told DetroitRedWings.com this month that he would like to return for a third season with the Wings.

“I really like it here,” said Eaves, 27. “I’ve enjoyed playing with all of the guys here, so now comes the not-fun part.”

In the past, the Wings’ front office has likens Eaves to a Danny Cleary or Mikael Samuelsson, talented forwards who have played for a few different teams before finding a fit in Detroit’s system. Before players began to head home for the summer, Eaves, who made $750,000 last season, said the uncertainty of where he’ll play in the fall isn’t pleasant.

“I don’t like the business part,” said Eaves, who tied for third on the Wings with three goals in the playoffs. “In the end, it is a business, but that’s why I have an agent and he does all of that stuff. He’s great.”

Read: he’ll be back. Soon. Then Miller will follow, and Ericsson might not be far behind.

DET agrees to terms with Jonathan Ericsson. Numbers not confirmed but believed to be three years at around $9.75M total.

From Bob Mac on twitter.

From Bob Mac on twitter.

I thought someone said 1.8 in the other thread?

lol, if that's the case then I think I will agree with everyone else about Lidstrom's contract right now.

From Bob Mac on twitter.

Maybe that's 9.75 million Swedish kronor? :chinese:

EDIT: Per season. 9.75 million Swedish kronor is 1.54 million USD

Edited by sagnam

I thought someone said 1.8 in the other thread?

Yeah, that was me. There's no way Ericsson is getting $3.25mm a year. If he is, I'll throw up.

I'm now officially nervous about next season. I would have rather offered Ehroff exactly what NYI offered him and let Ericsson walk.

Or given Erhoff $40mm over 10 years, which is really like under $6mm over 7 years but with only a $4mm cap hit.