stevie-y

Help me pick seats!

Ok as the the title suggests, I could use some advice..

I've never been to Ford Field (Actually I've never been to a Lions game period :embar:) and am considering ordering a pair of season tickets as a father's-day/dad's-birthday/the-lions-might-be-good-so-why-not type of thing.

I would love some suggestions on sections you prefer to sit in. Money isn't really a huge issue. I wouldn't get the $2000/ea maroon club seats, but as far as the rest of the club seats go, are they worth it? It doesn't really look like they come with much besides access to the club lounge, but nothing free like parking or anything?

Also I should note that Lower Level Side-line seats as well as the Roar-zone seats are all sold out as far as season tickets go. I included a picture of the seating chart for quick reference. Thanks guys!

18846.jpg

I've been there about five times, usually far away from the action, and have always enjoyed my spot. There truly isn't a bad place to watch the game in the joint. I do prefer to be on the opposite side of the main screen, since that is fun to watch during the game.

I've been there about five times, usually far away from the action, and have always enjoyed my spot. There truly isn't a bad place to watch the game in the joint. I do prefer to be on the opposite side of the main screen, since that is fun to watch during the game.

Do you recall which side you're speaking of? The seating chart shows a replay screen at each end.

I think its on the left side, but I might be wrong. The diagram shows its on both sides, but not when I was there a couple of years ago.

There are screens at each end.

Try to find somebody who has sat in the club seats. I've heard the club seats don't offer much leg room. A buddy sat there once and said it wasn't worth the price of the ticket for how uncomfortable he was. I've never sat there so I can't offer better insight.

I split season tickets with a friend for about 4 years in the cheap seats, section 315. The view was great from the end, you could see the plays pretty good and had a great view of the screen. My buddy still has them, now in section 215, he's been offered an upgrade but really likes the view.

A couple years ago I sat in club seats for Thanksgiving, like 206. The seats were more comfortable as far as the padding, but I didn't think it was worth it. I don't recall what the leg room was like.

I also sat in the lower bowl near the endzone once for a work function and those were the worst IMO. Had trouble seeing the far endzone and had to break my neck looking up at the screen. Personally, if I couldn't get between the 20's in the lower bowl, I'd set up top.

Edited by Dirk Diggler

I've sat in 3 of the 4 lower bowl corners between rows 13 and 35. Great experience each time. I recommend lower bowl if you can get them and can afford them.

I get tickets through my work so I go to at least one game a year (two last year). I've sat everywhere, 10 rows from the top to 2nd row on the 20...The best seats are at between 10-15 rows up. There isn't really a bad seat in the house, I prefer the visitor's side anywhere between the 20 yard lines...try and stay away from the upper bowl if you can, unless you want to see what coaches tape looks like.

Helpful feedback so far, thank you.

GuitarGod: Everything between the 20's in the lower bowl is completely unavailable (except single seat, but I'm not about to by a season package single seat).

So middle row on the visitor side is no good you're saying (235, 234, 227, 226)? Even if its the first row against the rail in those sections?

Doesn't suprise me that those seats aren't available, most are bought up by big companies. I get seats through a vendor and they have seats in section 128 row 8...those are the best seats I've been in. I've never sat in the 200 sections, I know you'll have a great view of the game especially in the front. It would be like sitting in the middle rows (15-30) of the lower bowl, just a little higher which would help you see. That's the biggest problem with sitting near the corners in the lower level, you can't see the other end of the field well...being 50 feet higher would definately help.

Did you call a ticket rep or are you just going by the ticketmaster website in regards to the availability of lower sideline seats? I too was considering purchasing seasons but would really want to be in this area. Maybe if you call them they can find something. I don't trust ticketmaster to have it all figured out.

There isn't a bad spot in the place. I had seats in 347 for quite a few years and they were good seats. Look at where they are - you'd think they'd be the worst. But they were good seats.

In fact, I went to a few games in the lower bowl between the 30s and didn't care for it as much as my "regular" seats.

If money isn't an object then go with the light blues in the lower bowl between the 30's. It'll cost you a couple grand total for a pair but are great seats that you'll be very happy with every sunday.

Are you talking about 104-108; 125-129 Hongbit? If so there's nothing available except for a single seat.

But as KKoepp31 said, an actual ticket rep might be able to find a pair.

Are you talking about 104-108; 125-129 Hongbit? If so there's nothing available except for a single seat.

But as KKoepp31 said, an actual ticket rep might be able to find a pair.

I'm in section 110 (right on the goal line). I'm below row 15, so the view to the other end is pretty bad and I end up watching the screen when the ball is on the other 50 yards of the field. I've tried for the past two years to get upgraded to 104-108 or 125-129 but have been told no availability. Next year, if they don't upgrade me, I'll move a few more rows back so that I'm higher in the corners and can see the other side of the field better. My seats are excellent when the game is within the 40 yard line on my side of the field...other than that, they sort of suck...too low in the corner.

I'm in section 110 (right on the goal line). I'm below row 15, so the view to the other end is pretty bad and I end up watching the screen when the ball is on the other 50 yards of the field. I've tried for the past two years to get upgraded to 104-108 or 125-129 but have been told no availability. Next year, if they don't upgrade me, I'll move a few more rows back so that I'm higher in the corners and can see the other side of the field better. My seats are excellent when the game is within the 40 yard line on my side of the field...other than that, they sort of suck...too low in the corner.

Very helpful. Thanks everyone.