Sizemore

Boesch

Cabrera

Martinez

Avila

Peralta

Inge

Wells

Soooo, you want to replace a guy who has 40 K's in 112 AB with a guy who has 38 K's in 103 AB, 7 BB, and 0 SB. Please make me understand that move.

Once Martinez is back:

Cabrera, 1B

Boesch, RF

Peralta, SS

Raburn, LF

Avila, C

Martinez, DH

Sizemore, 2B

Jackson, CF

Inge, 3B

I find myself going back and forth on demoting Jackson and promoting Dirks. I'll admit that I am probably being stubborn on that.

Id keep Jackson in the lineup. Yes he had an awful game yesterday, but he was on base 8 of 15 AB in Cleveland and has looked good tonight. He is showing signs he may be busting out of it.

Id keep Jackson in the lineup. Yes he had an awful game yesterday, but he was on base 8 of 15 AB in Cleveland and has looked good tonight. He is showing signs he may be busting out of it.

If the team wasn't in such dire straits right now, I'd have a much easier time keeping him in the lineup and riding through it. The problem is that the team is just so inconsistant right now, offensively and defensively (pitching). Its not as easy as bringing Sizemore up for Rhymes should have been because Jackson probably has more potential than Dirks and Sizemore certainly has better upside than Rhymes.

Vs RHP

Boesch LF

Sizemore 2B

Avila C

Cabrera 1B

Martinez DH

Raburn RF

Peralta SS

Inge 3B

Jackson CF

VS LHP

Jackson CF

Sizemore 2B

Raburn RF

Cabrera 1B

Martinez DH

Peralta SS

Boesch LF

Inge 3B

Avila C

Vs RHP

Boesch LF

Sizemore 2B

Avila C

Cabrera 1B

Martinez DH

Raburn RF

Peralta SS

Inge 3B

Jackson CF

VS LHP

Jackson CF

Sizemore 2B

Raburn RF

Cabrera 1B

Martinez DH

Peralta SS

Boesch LF

Inge 3B

Avila C

Raburn strikes out far too much to be a top 3rd of the order hitter, especially right now. Even hitting 6th is a stretch, IMO.

This excercise has proven to me that DD has been almost criminal in his handling of our minor league system and the draft. The complete lack of real major league options is sickening.

This excercise has proven to me that DD has been almost criminal in his handling of our minor league system and the draft. The complete lack of real major league options is sickening.

I don't see the lack of options being the problem at any spot in the OF, I think it is the belief that Maggs will begin to hit and Jackson will come through it. I don't honestly have much issue with either at this point, but I do have an issue hitting Jackson leadoff when he is struggling so bad and playing Maggs almost every day and hitting him 3rd. IMO, during these struggles they should have been in the bottom 3rd of the lineup.

Now Jackson is showing signs of coming out of it and if he does, he is the best leadoff option IMO. And getting Martinez back should limit Maggs' playing time. I just wish he wouldn't be put in the 3 hole every time he plays. Instead of setting up Cabrera, 85% of the time he is killing any rally that is going.

We may not have a lack of options in the loosest sense of the word but those options are not major league quality. So far Boesch and moreso Raburn have shown they are at best 4th outfielders and we have them playing everyday and are counting on them to be big parts of a run at the division. Raburn has 40 Ks in 107 ABs. Wow you really have to try hard to suck that bad.

We may not have a lack of options in the loosest sense of the word but those options are not major league quality. So far Boesch and moreso Raburn have shown they are at best 4th outfielders and we have them playing everyday and are counting on them to be big parts of a run at the division. Raburn has 40 Ks in 107 ABs. Wow you really have to try hard to suck that bad.

Martinez being out is the only reason Raburn, Boesch, and Ordonez are playing basically every day. With Martinez back, all of them will be likely playing about 2/3, or a little less, of the time (with Wells and Kelly also getting some time) which I believe they are more capable of producing well, at least Raburn and Boesch anyhow. We know Raburn and Ordonez have no chance of being sent down for Dirks, as they both have track records. I am much more confident in Raburn performing well than Ordonez going forward.

I really think that getting Martinez back will help all 3 of those. With him getting hurt, they had to call up a catcher and thus Raburn, Boesch, and Ordonez were pushed into playing almost every day (although as bad as Maggs is playing I would have played Wells more also). Martinez will also help Avilla as he can get a day off without killing the lineup more.

I'm assuming Leyland will go with this after Jackson getting a couple hits last night, and I'm ok with it.

1) Jackson

2) Sizemore

3) Boesch

4) Cabrera

5) Martinez

6) Ordonez

7) Peralta

8) Avila

9) Inge

Even if Boesch and Avila are to take a couple steps back, this team can look completely different if Jackson, Maggs and Martinez can get going.

Austin Jackson CF

Scott Sizemore 2B

Brennan Boesch RF

Miguel Cabrera 1B

Victor Martinez DH

Ryan Raburn LF

Jhonny Peralta SS

Alex Avila C

Brandon Inge 3B

Ordonez to the 15-Day

Edited by mmwatkin

Jackson

Sizemore

VMart

Cabrera

Boesch

Maggs

Peralta

Avila

Inge

I don't stick with Jackson long before i try Wells or Dirks at leadoff in his place.

Boesch just seems to press WAY too much in the 5th spot when Cabrera is pitched around. Victor was brought in to protect Cabrera and that is what he should do.

The lineup shall be interesting one way or another...what complaint about maggs though-if he is only playing on one leg, then why didn't leyland attempt to bench him in the first place and switch things up...oh yeah i kno why because it's leyland!

Yah, I guess Boesch will bat 3rd starting today or tomorrow and that makes a lot of sense to me.

I like Raburn in the role it seems like he will have going forward. Get him 3 starts a week, use him as a nice power hitter option off the bench etc. He should start for Maggs once a week to rest his knees, for Sizemore once a week and for Avila once a week when VMart is catching against a tough lefty. He'll probably get a start in Boesch's spot here and there too. Great 10th man!

I am a lot less annoyed with Raburn as more of a super utility/bench player/10th man role.

1. Dirks LF

2. Sizemore 2B

3. Boesch RF

4. Cabrera 1B

5. Martinez DH

6. Avila C

7. Inge 3B

8. Iorg SS

9. Jackson CF

When (if) Jackson gets straightened out:

1. Jackson CF

2. Dirks LF

3. Boesch RF

4. Cabrera 1B

5. Martinez DH

6. Sizemore 2B

7. Avila C

8. Iorg SS

9. Inge 3B

Rotate Martinez with Magglio and Avila when he needs a rest. Magglio can take right field every now and then (to make him happy so we don't have some sour grapes at the dish) and Dirks can shift to right and let Raburn play left.

1. Dirks LF

2. Sizemore 2B

3. Boesch RF

4. Cabrera 1B

5. Martinez DH

6. Avila C

7. Inge 3B

8. Iorg SS

9. Jackson CF

When (if) Jackson gets straightened out:

1. Jackson CF

2. Dirks LF

3. Boesch RF

4. Cabrera 1B

5. Martinez DH

6. Sizemore 2B

7. Avila C

8. Iorg SS

9. Inge 3B

Rotate Martinez with Magglio and Avila when he needs a rest. Magglio can take right field every now and then (to make him happy so we don't have some sour grapes at the dish) and Dirks can shift to right and let Raburn play left.

What a luxury it would be to be able to bad Sizemore and Avila 6 & 7 in the lineup.