John_Brian_K

Boesch or Raburn

Boesch or Raburn  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Boesch or Raburn

I was having a little discussion with a few people in the last game thread about this and just wanted to start what I am guessing is the 500000000th thread about this, but since I havent been around that long I missed it so humor me please.

So right here. Right now. You have to cut one and move forward with the other being your future RF.

You do not get to trade the other player. You get nothing in return. One goes on and the other goes home. We are assuming Magglio is gone next year and that none of the other minor league players are an option. Both will sign the same contract for the next 4 years.

Who you got MSF?

I'd keep Raburn and send Boesch to the minors since he has options. Since it looks like Raburn is going to be our 2B of the future as of now I don't think we have to worry about playing time for both of them -- especially if Magglio gets hurt.

I'd keep Raburn and send Boesch to the minors since he has options.

You do not get to trade the other player. You get nothing in return. One goes on and the other goes home.

Why is this in the Tigers history folder? Are we supposed to pretends it's 2021 and look back 10 years?

Why is this in the Tigers history folder? Are we supposed to pretends it's 2021 and look back 10 years?

If so, I think I might know of someone who posted a 2021 line-up proposal.

Boesch is younger, a better fielder, and left-handed. No-brainer. But since Raburn is apparently our 2nd baseman of the future *coughfreesizemorecough*, this is kind of unecessary.

My mistake. I was going to ask a moderator to move it. I couldnt change it after I realized it was a mistake.

I humbly appologize for the horrendous error and hope to not have my day in court.

My mistake. I was going to ask a moderator to move it. I couldnt change it after I realized it was a mistake.

I humbly appologize for the horrendous error and hope to not have my day in court.

I was just joking.

Camper Wells because his dad said so.

Is that what Casper Wells wrote on the side of his RV?

As far as the question--taking into account all the stipulations--I guess I'm taking Boesch because he's 4 years younger and has less service time. That's really the only reason.

Frankly, I'm starting to wonder that both might just be better than Magglio.

I learned my lesson in 2009 predicting magglio's corpsification. I think he will be fine. He _has_ been hurt this season.

I learned my lesson in 2009 predicting magglio's corpsification. I think he will be fine. He _has_ been hurt this season.

I think he'll be fine but I could see Raburn and Boesch with 850 OPSes and Magglio with more of the 825 variety.

Good, because I didn't want to vote for either in an "all in" situation. I don't know who I would choose in that scenario.

Is that what Casper Wells wrote on the side of his RV?

As far as the question--taking into account all the stipulations--I guess I'm taking Boesch because he's 4 years younger and has less service time. That's really the only reason.

Frankly, I'm starting to wonder that both might just be better than Magglio.

Unfortunately for us it looks like you are right and Maggs has thrown a wheel. 4 years ago...throwing that wheel wouldnt have been that big of a deal, but now....? Doesnt look good.

I hope I am wrong.

Good thing we really don't have to make such a stupid decision, eh?

TBH I wish they would. Give one of them the full reigns and let em go. Depending on BOTH of them is depressing IMO.

In games where Raburn has played right field, he's batted .290 with an .861 OPS.

In games where he has played 2B, he's batted .287 with an .847 OPS.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=raburry01&year=Career&t=b

Boesch should be DH exclusively. His offensive numbers are much better.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=boescbr01&year=Career&t=b

In games where Raburn has played right field, he's batted .290 with an .861 OPS.

In games where he has played 2B, he's batted .287 with an .847 OPS.

split.cgi?id=raburry01&year=Career&t=b

Boesch should be DH exclusively. His offensive numbers are much better.

split.cgi?id=boescbr01&year=Career&t=b

We have Magglio at DH and Victor will be there when he gets back