RedRamage

Prediction time: Who will the Lions draft?

Okay, just for the fun of it, let's see who can guess right. Who do you think the Lions will draft with their first pick in the draft? Please note a couple of things for this little game:

1.) Who will the Lions pick? In other words, we're not looking for who you think they should but who they actually will end up with.

2.) ...their first pick in the draft. In other words, if they trade up or down we're still looking for the first guy they pick, not who get's picked at spot 13.

Personally, I think it will end up being Prince Amukamara. I'd love if they could trade down a few spots and grab an OT, but I think that Amukamara will be there and they won't be able to pass up on him.

I think Jerry Jones doesn't have the Kahunas to pick an OT with his first pick and he takes Amukamara and we take Tyron Smith...I'm good either way...

The Prince... and I think they stay at 13 to get him. This is also my wish pick. If Pouncey drops to the bottom of the first round, it would be nice to pull a "Best" like move to get him too. But I don't see that as a possibility.

Im hoping that AJ Green slips but I dont see that happening.

Jimmy Smith is my guess.

I'm starting to believe that Prince will not be available, and that the Lions might drop down a little and take Jimmy Smith.

I'm starting to believe that Prince will not be available, and that the Lions might drop down a little and take Jimmy Smith.

+1

Based on Mayhew's comments that the Lions have more needs than most people believe, I would not be surprised to see them take a position that we wouldn't necessarily expect. Then again it could be a posturing maneuver by Mayhew, so in the end who really knows what they will do.

My wet dream mock:

Lions trade #13 & their 5th for Pats #28 & #33

Lions Picks

#28 - RB Ingram or Leshore

#33 - CB Smith or Harris or Dowling

#44 - LB Foster or Clark

The Patriots aren't trading pick 33 on day one.

I am starting to feel that Detroit will take Jimmy Smith. (Even if Prince is on the board.)

I wouldn't say that for sure. It wouldn't be ideal as its a good pick to leverage obviously, but if they have 2 guys they like and they can get them at 13 and 17, this might be the year they just move up and get it done.

The Patriots aren't trading pick 33 on day one.

I am starting to feel that Detroit will take Jimmy Smith. (Even if Prince is on the board.)

If a gamebreaker like Julio Jones is there and NE thinks he's the guy to replace Moss, they may look at moving up. Jones won't make it to 17.

The swap works well on the Trade Value chart.

While I would love to get Prince, I don't think he will be there by 13. Bowers seems like he could be a very good player if he is healthy. I wouldn't mind Smith by any means.

If a gamebreaker like Julio Jones is there and NE thinks he's the guy to replace Moss, they may look at moving up. Jones won't make it to 17.

The swap works well on the Trade Value chart.

The Trade Value chart doesn't take into account how valuable 33 is after the draft reformat. You can get more for 33 than you can 32 now that you have a full day to make trades.

I could see a trade between Detroit and NE so NE gets Jones... NE has so many picks available to them that there are a number of combinations that would work. Lions would prefer a first and multiple picks in the 3rd or 4th round as opposed to just 2 picks in the 1st and 2nd round.

All about building depth for the future.

The Trade Value chart doesn't take into account how valuable 33 is after the draft reformat. You can get more for 33 than you can 32 now that you have a full day to make trades.

The value chart is a guide not a hard fast rule. In this case the value of the talent received maybe enough to trump the intangible benefits of the pick. Beauty is in mind of the beholder.

Quit peeing on my wet dream!:silly: