Sign in to follow this  
MotownRandy

NBA Draft

I am surprised that nobody has started a thread about this yet, but the draft is only 1 week away. Unfortunately the Pistons did not get the Memphis pick this year, but they could still pick up a quality player. Someone like Dickau or Dixon or Gadzuric could be there. I dont know if they are going to be any good(I'm surprised they would slip that far especially with Dixons performance in the tourney) but they were great in college and names we know. The pistons should go for either a center or point guard...probably who ever the best available is at those two positions. Of course they could always trade the pick, but not many teams would want to trade for the 23rd pick in the draft.

The Pistons have the personnel to play inside...they just need to do it more.

Ben needs to work on that short range game. He could be lethal if he could score in the post. Corliss is obviously tough there, and Rebraca has some nice moves.

I think Okur is going to be the possible difference maker. He has inside game, and a good outside shot. If he is on the floor, the opponents big man has to respect that, opening up the inside for Ben, Zelly, or Corliss.

Let's see, they picked early last year and that guy didn't play. They pick 23 this year and we are supposed to give it more than a second's thought?

The NBA draft is worthless nowadays. If they keep their pick and that guy plays more than 20 games, I'll be surprised.

... I read a story ( I believe it was on msnbc sports website), that Michael Jordan plans to "work out", to "possibly stage a comeback"...

What is wrong with this man?

He is having the absolute worst time of any former athlete I've ever seen .... he just can't seem to walk away and stay away.

Just say good night, Michael . ( Good night , Michael )