Pcon68

Wings TV announcer-1997?

Does anyone remember the name of the Red Wings, Fox Sports play-by-play guy in 1997? He lasted on season and was awful. Will never forget his horrific call of the first Wings/Avs fight. He is not mentioned anywhere that I can see when looking up past announcers. Any help? Ken Daniel's replaced him the next season.

Mike Goldberg... he replaced Dave Strader who went national.

He's the UFC guy now.

Ahhh...Thanks. He was horrible. I will have to watch some UFC...Hopefully he has gotten better.

I love that Strader's final call as a Wings announcer was Yzerman's double OT goal.

and did you know that he and Redmond reunited in 1997 for the SCF? They were doing the international feed.

and did you know that he and Redmond reunited in 1997 for the SCF? They were doing the international feed.

I knew about Strader working the Wings playoff games in 1997 for ESPN International, as that's how my brother heard it in Australia and Bolivia. But I had no idea Mickey was his partner. If so, I would love to find tapes of that.

Strader left when told he would be doing play by play of college basketball (his first love) for ESPN. He started out in Adorondak NY doing basketball and then hockey.

Goldberg almost became the lead announcer for the WWE....right before the first season of "The Ultimate Fighter", The WWE thought they had him signed sealed and delivered, but Goldberg got cold feet and decided to stick it out with the UFC