mavscougars

Are the Indians for real?

This makes me sick that the Tigers are off to a 3-7 start, but it really makes me sick that the Indians are 8-2 and have a five game lead on the Tigers. What's it going to take for the Tigers to start winning? Are the Indians really going to keep winning and stay around all year? What are your thoughts?

The Indians won't stay as high as they are now, but I do sort of root for them and KC. I know I know... but for me... if the Tigers aren't in it (and let's face it, they're awful as of now) I'd much rather see one of those two teams take the central than the ChiSox.

The Indians won't stay as high as they are now, but I do sort of root for them and KC. I know I know... but for me... if the Tigers aren't in it (and let's face it, they're awful as of now) I'd much rather see one of those two teams take the central than the ChiSox.

I have to agree with this.

Don't worry if they are for real they'll just trade all their good players after one division championship.

The Indians just might be able to finish ahead of the Tigers. After all, they have 2 Cabrera's in their lineup. That well-known slugger, Asdrubal Cabrera, (6 home runs in 2010) has matched Miguel's 4 home runs in the first 10 games of 2011.

They are jumping out to big early leads during this winning streak; the starting pitchers are able to pitch deep into the games; the team is playing great defense (e.g. starting catcher fills in at 1B and makes a beautiful diving catch which resulted in a triple play); they are aggressive and smart on the basepaths and their bullpen has been very effective.

Manny Acta has the Indians believing in each other and having fun while doing it. The old adage says "Where there's smoke, there's fire." Jim Leyland may smoke like a chimney, but he hasn't shown the ability to fire up his players!

Cleveland has beaten Boston and Seattle. Two teams not playing very well right now. They didn't look that good against Chicago.

Cleveland is not any good, will not keep winning, and how can any AL Central fan root for them? The Royals I totally understand, but Cleveland? The same team that was an unstoppable juggernaut of death in the 90s? And kept the Tigers out of the playoffs in 2007? It will take a long time before I think of them as a scrappy underdog again.

Yes. They will win the world series in 9 games over the Philadelphia A's.

NO.

furthermore, the Tigers will have a ten to fifteen game lead over the Indians by the All Star Break.

also, Hafner, Sizemore, Carmona, Choo and maybe Christopher Perez will be dealt to other teams by the trade deadlines.

Don't forget Grady Sizemore. They'll trade him too I'm sure... right? Right?

No, no they won't. The Central is weak and the Indians will be in it for a while.

Cleveland is not any good, will not keep winning, and how can any AL Central fan root for them? The Royals I totally understand, but Cleveland? The same team that was an unstoppable juggernaut of death in the 90s? And kept the Tigers out of the playoffs in 2007? It will take a long time before I think of them as a scrappy underdog again.

Not to mention the way their fans invaded TS in those days.

This makes me sick that the Tigers are off to a 3-7 start, but it really makes me sick that the Indians are 8-2 and have a five game lead on the Tigers. What's it going to take for the Tigers to start winning? Are the Indians really going to keep winning and stay around all year? What are your thoughts?

To be fair, the Tigers 10 games include 4 against the yankees/rangers and 6 games on the road where we know the Tigers have not been good historically. I'm not surprised to have struggled in those 7 games.

The real disappointment is going 1-2 against KC at home. If we went 2-1, like we should have, we'd be sitting at 4-6, and I'd be feeling a little better. But noooo, Bruce "Tiger Proctologist" Chen had something to say in this matter.

I think it's too early to say.

I also don't think the Indians will finish ahead of the Tigers, but the posters making fun that they have Jack Hannahan, I must say, I'd rather have him than the Tigers 3rd baseman. Inge might be the worst overall everyday starting player in the bigs right now. A defensive first guy who can't play defense now.

You are the only person who would prefer Hannahan to Inge. Hannahan is a career .225/.312/.351 hitter. It would be analogous to having Don Kelly start at 3rd.

You are only person who would prefer Hannahan to Inge. Hannahan is a career .225/.312/.351 hitter. It would be analogous to having Don Kelly start at 3rd.

Right now Inge is worse than Kelly. He has no speed, he has yet to walk, has made I think 3 errors and had not hit a homerun. I'm just saying we shouldn't be making fun of other teams third baseman. It's not like the tigers have A Rod there. They have Brandon Freaking Inge.

Right now Inge is worse than Kelly. He has no speed, he has yet to walk, has made I think 3 errors and had not hit a homerun. I'm just saying we shouldn't be making fun of other teams third baseman. It's not like the tigers have A Rod there. They have Brandon Freaking Inge.

Right now is not a good time to be judging who is better than anyone.