DaYooperASBDT

Temporary Shakeup Time Yet?

I'm thinking a couple guys could use a mental health day off or two. Inge, Raburn, Jackson for sure. It's way too early to panic, however.

But it wouldn't hurt to give Kelly a couple games at third, let Wells play CF. Raburn is a real mystery to me, I think that dude needs to visit a sports psychologist as he's even developing a throwing "mental block" now.

Also I suspect we'll see some changes at the back end of the bullpen soon.

I'm thinking a couple guys could use a mental health day off or two. Inge, Raburn, Jackson for sure. It's way too early to panic, however.

But it wouldn't hurt to give Kelly a couple games at third, let Wells play CF. Raburn is a real mystery to me, I think that dude needs to visit a sports psychologist as he's even developing a throwing "mental block" now.

Jackson was to rest today until Leyland realized that AJ had hit Hochevar well in the past. I'm sure you will see some resting of him (that and Maggs needed rest).

hoping we jettison both gonzalez and thomas. i'm certain there are many independent league pitchers with better stuff than those two

The shuffle can start with the firing of McClendon and Knapp. If that doesn't work Leyland should be gone before July.

Shake em up.

Many underperformers here.

Many highpaid underperformers here.

It's not really the high paid guys that are under performing.

As far as a shake up to the minors, I think you might wait a few more days. The Mudhens just started their season... you probably should wait a few more games to get a sense who is playing well.

It's easy to say Thomas isn't pitching well, but not so easy to see who is in the minors

wait......... I was told Raburn was a good defensive player. He's a bum.

I think our next game just needs to be put everyone's names in a bag, and pick them out in the order they will play.

The shuffle can start with the firing of McClendon and Knapp. If that doesn't work Leyland should be gone before July.

That works for me, well the McClendon part of it anyway. I've always felt he was a contributing factor towards the Tigers under-preforming bats.

Get a real hitting coach, and move Lloyd to bench coach, everybody's happy.

I'm OK with this, but Knapp's performance has been questionable too.

One more decent start for Oliver and I'm ready to swap him and Porcello so RP can go find his fastball.

Then when he finds it, call him up and have my AAT take care of the 7th.

I think our next game just needs to be put everyone's names in a bag, and pick them out in the order they will play.

That worked for Billy Martin!

Do you know of many examples where a hitting and/or pitching coach really turned a team around. I know Duncan with St. Louis is pretty good with pitchers, but I don't know of many more past that

Tigers are currently 10th in MLB in runs scored, 12th in BA, 8th in slugging percentage, and 14th in OBP

Tigers are currently 28th in ERA, 26th in WHIP, 19th in BAA, and 16th in quality starts.

In 2010 the Tigers were 11th in Runs scored, 5th in BA, 8th in OBP, and 11th in slugging.

In 2010 the Tigers were 25th in ERA, 21st in BAA, 23rd in quality starts, and 19th in WHIP.

Seems to me they need a real pitching coach. It makes absolute sense to fire Lloyd since his batters are doing better than the pitchers.

Edited by Cecil

wait......... I was told Raburn was a good defensive player. He's a bum.

I don't remember people saying that. But he has been a bum this season so far with the glove.

Tigers are currently 10th in MLB in runs scored, 12th in BA, 8th in slugging percentage, and 14th in OBP

Tigers are currently 28th in ERA, 26th in WHIP, 19th in BAA, and 16th in quality starts.

In 2010 the Tigers were 11th in Runs scored, 5th in BA, 8th in OBP, and 11th in slugging.

In 2010 the Tigers were 25th in ERA, 21st in BAA, 23rd in quality starts, and 19th in WHIP.

Seems to me they need a real pitching coach. It makes absolute sense to fire Lloyd since his batters are doing better than the pitchers.

Yep, it's pitching which is why I don't understand why there is so much complaining about lineups. My second biggest concern is defense. So for those who believe pitching and defense win championships these first few series are troubling (to say the least).

Yup. I'm not convinced either is a problem.

I don't know enough about their jobs or their interactions with players to have a strong opinion. There were stories about players on the Tigers roster working with Bull Durham instead of McClendon a couple years ago. I don't know how wide spread that was or how uncommon of a practice it is.

I agree with magglio being kept away from the field. His ankle is not strong enough and his arm in RF is below avg. Plus, his hitting is really cold. Not sure if the ankle has anything to do with it, but the bat is slow right now.

Porcello and Penny concern me too. Porcello has lost a few mph's and sink on his FB and never had a breaking pitch. I would not be shocked if a move is made, but not this soon. Maybe the first week of May. Penny is a bigger issue. He can't be sent down and he is worthless in the Bullpen. His arm won't take the up and down throwing out there. If you have to replace to SP's, then the Tigers may have to go with Turner for their best shot to compete. That is scary to think about.