CapitalTigers

Zumaya and Guillen Injury Update

Desparation for offense. Have to get his bat in there somewhere. Though I'm not sure why they wouldn't call up Sizemore.

36 PA's at Toledo: .387 .472 .548 1.021

i think they're just trying to transition from rhymes' unproductive scrappyness to sizemore's unscrappy productivity. raburn is a nice intermediary because he is neither particularly scrappy or productive.

3 errors in two days not helping him.

If they ever change the rules and let you use 5 DHs, this team is set.

raburn at 2b tonight tells me we probably won't be seeing guillen anytime soon, if at all this year.

If Raburn is so bad, how come he doesn't have his own thread

If Raburn is so bad, how come he doesn't have his own thread

He does. No one can find it using search because Yooper's spelling was so inventive.

He does. No one can find it using search because Yooper's spelling was so inventive.

when you suck everyone knows how to spell your name

T - I - T - U - S

when you suck everyone knows how to spell your name

T - I - T - U - S

I thought it was:

M - O - N - I - C - A

Imo, it's only a matter of time before he's "gone"-just piss off "most" of the fans, they'll have him pitch a few innings in a game...and then "injury" will happen again...between benoit and some of the new bullpen guys...i've forgotten about zumaya...good riddance dude. As for guillen...if he's not back by the second half of the season, i'd say he's done with the tigs.

Imo, it's only a matter of time before he's "gone"-just piss off "most" of the fans, they'll have him pitch a few innings in a game...and then "injury" will happen again...

This comment with all its quotation marks confuses me.

This comment with all its quotation marks confuses me.

What? You don't "understand"? What "the hell" is '"wrong" with you?

:silly:

define what a troll is...and maybe your right

I'd say posting stuff just to piss others off is the basic definition of a troll.

Pretty simple, really.

And it makes no sense to cut him or whatever. He's not hurting anyone, he's cheap. He's not going to get anything more than a minor league deal and the league min. after this season anyhow. Keep him around and hope he can somehow get healthy.

Every time Zumaya got hurt, I would think he would never make it back and if he did he would never have that fastbell ever again. He's proven me wrong 2 or 3 times, so I wouldn't bet against him coming back again. Let's make a list of the injuries;

Box fell on him when moving his parents away from a wild fire.

Dislocated a finger warming up.

Broke his arm throwing a pitch.

Which ones am I missing?

Don't forget Guitar Hero.

Pretty simple, really.

And it makes no sense to cut him or whatever. He's not hurting anyone, he's cheap. He's not going to get anything more than a minor league deal and the league min. after this season anyhow. Keep him around and hope he can somehow get healthy.

To me...after 2006, he just overrated now.

To me...after 2006, he just overrated now.

Overrated how? You don't think he's one of our 11 best pitchers when healthy? He certainly was last year.

Overrated how? You don't think he's one of our 11 best pitchers when healthy? He certainly was last year.

He's good yes...but that's the point, WHEN he is healthy...he hasn't gone through seasons since 2006 without any injury happening. I'll agree with last year...i just wonder if zumaya realizes that maybe he can't throw as hard as he did when that shoulder is just been surgically repaired.

How many times since 2006 has he said "im healthy" and looked to get back in and then surprise...something happens to him.

I hope he does well in his career if he does something else, but my point is maybe pitching just isn't his strong suit any more.