mbrieve

APRIL 2011 SUCCESS THREAD

Detroittigerfan,

I mailed out the Colavito request in Feb which was sent from Palau. Hopefully the Palau stamp on it will make him curious and do the trick. It hasn't come back RTS (yet).

Is your return address in Palau or California?

Is your return address in Palau or California?
Not sure about the Colavito but all of Jim's other request are being returned to California.

Today's Tiger mail:

* Gates Brown, 4/4, 6 days

Happy for the quick turnaround and because this is the first time I've had a TTM success with Mr. Brown.

Took a chance and sent ELROY FACE a page from my 1969 Tigers "Spring Guide and Scorebook," with the World Champions artwork on the cover. Face did not play for the Tigers in 1969, but did appear in their 1968 World Championship photo shown in the Spring Guide.

Face not only signed this photo, but also a '68 Topps card showing him as a Pirate. He also sent me his custom card showing him as a '68 Tiger.

Now I only have Freehan, Matchick, Kaline, Lolich, and Les Cain left to sign their photos in this rare piece! I am considering sending the team photo with $10 to Al Kaline and Lolich. Wonder if Les Cain will ever make an appearance again in Michigan?

Thank you, Roy!

JIM BUNNING on a Detroit News card in today's mail.

detroittigerfan, I was just curious if Mr. Bunning added his HOF inscription without you requesting it. I want to send him a card, but I'm not a fan of HOF inscriptions on older (60s & 70s) cards.

On the Jim Bunning auto I received this week ('61 Topps), I asked for "personalization to my son and/or inscription". He did personalize but didn't inscribe. Of the recent successes posted on SCN, some got HOF and some did not, but none mention if it was requested or not.

I managed to get Ryan Perry for free at Cabella's in Dundee last year. Signed three items and posed for pictures for free. Don't know if that will happen again this year.

detroittigerfan, I was just curious if Mr. Bunning added his HOF inscription without you requesting it. I want to send him a card, but I'm not a fan of HOF inscriptions on older (60s & 70s) cards.

I did not ask, nor did Bunning add the HOF inscription.