mavscougars

Opening Day Tigers at Yankees March 31 will this be on TV

Opening Day Tigers at Yankees. I know this will be on ESPN and Fox Detroit, but will they show a replay of the game later in the evening? I will be at work and not able to watch. Does anyone know if there will be a replay of the game?

FSD usually replays day games at night. The paper said it'd be on WKBD too. I don't think I've watched Channel 50 in years.

Will the ESPN telecast be blacked out for us in market folks?
Maybe it will be on ESPN3 for those still at work with access!

Opening day is usually not blacked out on MLBTV regardless of where you live.

Lets hope the rain stays away. 5-day forecast is calling for 40% chance of rain, high 50˚, low 37˚ in NYC.

I'm going to try mlbtv this year. Got a fast Internet connection, got my iPad/At Bat app, and a laptop....$90 cheaper than Extra Innings. And I also saw for $10 more you'll have access to 2,000 minor league games. Would love to watch Tiger minor leaguers.

It may be blacked out for you on ESPN3 if you are in normal Tigers blackout area. I looked this morning and it said it would be blacked out for me.

It's on the Fox website.....they've got a TV schedule:

7:00 PM FSD 663 (DirecTV) Thursday, March 31

MLB Baseball:Tigers at Yankees

Tigers at Yankees

180 mins.

I hope this is correct. I just have the basic cable plan. I'm able to get Fox Detroit. I'm hoping this on again at 7. Thanks

it's correct - don't worry. The game will be replayed on FSD at 7... which is when I'll be watching it too unfortunately... at least I'll have Dan and *sigh* Jim at work if I want them...

I'm going to try mlbtv this year. Got a fast Internet connection, got my iPad/At Bat app, and a laptop....$90 cheaper than Extra Innings. And I also saw for $10 more you'll have access to 2,000 minor league games. Would love to watch Tiger minor leaguers.

MLBTV is a life saver. I have spent 3 out of the last 4 years of my life in Europe and I don't know what I would have done without it. As long as you have a good internet connection it works great. The picture quality continues to get better every year and you can watch full replays or condensed versions of every game you miss about 90 minutes after the game ends. They have a DVR function as well for live games now. I don't think you will regret the decision, I love it.

It's not going to work for me. Bought Apple TV today at Best Buy and with a couple of coupons it came as cheap as a PS3 game. And the new software streams MLBTV. Problem is that the motion isn't smooth and it's giving me a headache. I have a similar problem with headaches while watching DLP technology. Picture quality is excellent with HD broadcasts. But it's like I'm watching 90% of the frames and the rest is lopped off through compression or something. Have no clue. Reminded me of how some people get sick playing video games so I'm guessing it's just me. Anyway also streamed it through my iPad and laptop. Same thing. BTW, the Apple TV box is hardwired to my router so there is not a wireless streaming issue. Internet speeds are > 20 MBps so the problem ain't there. Anyway, I guess I'll have to fork over the $200 to DirecTV. I'm going to keep Apple TV though....that's one piece of slick machinery.

Edited by Greenwit

It's not going to work for me. Bought Apple TV today at Best Buy and with a couple of coupons it came as cheap as a PS3 game. And the new software streams MLBTV. Problem is that the motion isn't smooth and it's giving me a headache. I have a similar problem with headaches while watching DLP technology. Picture quality is excellent with HD broadcasts. But it's like I'm watching 90% of the frames and the rest is lopped off through compression or something. Have no clue. Reminded me of how some people get sick playing video games so I'm guessing it's just me. Anyway also streamed it through my iPad and laptop. Same thing. BTW, the Apple TV box is hardwired to my router so there is not a wireless streaming issue. Internet speeds are > 20 MBps so the problem ain't there. Anyway, I guess I'll have to fork over the $200 to DirecTV. I'm going to keep Apple TV though....that's one piece of slick machinery.

That's odd. I don't have that problem at all. I actually hook my computer up to the TV and it feels like I am watching a quality broadcast. I don't even think about it being on my computer until there is a break in the action and no commercials. Just "Commercial break, we will be back shortly".

Someone just told me on the apple tv forums that the stream rate is indeed capped at 2200 kbps during spring training and during the regular season that goes up to 3000. I hope he's right. I hold off on directv and see what we get tomorrow.