FRM710

Michigan Basketball 2011/2012

Such is the sarcastic license that is granted a Program...As opposed to a season. Or even 3, as I'm sure any number of Michigan Football fans on this board will happily explain to you.

spin spin spin. pot, kettle.

When Beilein was hired we were told

1. system will never work in big ten

2. his players will never get to nba

2a good players will never commit to him

3. How many good white players are there

4. IOW, he can't recruit

baby steps but looking good.

he was a lot more impressive than first year Morris, who just left us after year 2. Just sayin'. Hardaway looked pretty damn impressive to me. He showed the ability to be a go to, take over scorer, has 3 point range, good athleticism and ice in his veins

This is true, but there's no guarantee he's going to make the same kind of jump as Morris. He needs to greatly improve his ballhanding and show he's an elite shooter before he's even considered for a 1st round pick. Right now, Hardaway is mostly a streaky jumpshooter, and he needs to show he can consistently create before he's even considered an NBA prospect. It will probably take a Morris-like improvement for Hardaway to make the jump after next year.

Such is the sarcastic license that is granted a Program...As opposed to a season. Or even 3, as I'm sure any number of Michigan Football fans on this board will happily explain to you.

It's funny how you can take any point and spin it. Classic.

It's funny how you can take any point and spin it. Classic.

Wait a sec...An MSU guy (not me mind you) takes a gratuitous dig Michigan Basketball (I supporse UM Athletics); he gets called on it...Fine with me. One poster makes a comment that just happens to run lock step with a similar criticism that gets tossed about with respect to the dynamic between UM and MSU football...I jokingly make that observation. The original poster gets it...But a couple others (shockingly) do not...

Thats pretty lame...especially since by any possible measure UM had a better season than MSU did last year and even with losing Morris they still return more than State does.

Right....The worst season in 10+ years for MSU, is considered a rising success for the big blue wolverines. Maybe you guys can have another 9-9 conference season next year. The Big Blue is back

This is true, but there's no guarantee he's going to make the same kind of jump as Morris. He needs to greatly improve his ballhanding and show he's an elite shooter before he's even considered for a 1st round pick. Right now, Hardaway is mostly a streaky jumpshooter, and he needs to show he can consistently create before he's even considered an NBA prospect. It will probably take a Morris-like improvement for Hardaway to make the jump after next year.

Some of this is true, but drafts are based on potential, not being a finished product. He'll need to improve and show he can be the main man on this team to some degree, but with normal year 1-2 growth, he is certainly at least a 1st round prospect.

Wait a sec...An MSU guy (not me mind you) takes a gratuitous dig Michigan Basketball (I supporse UM Athletics); he gets called on it...Fine with me. One poster makes a comment that just happens to run lock step with a similar criticism that gets tossed about with respect to the dynamic between UM and MSU football...I jokingly make that observation. The original poster gets it...But a couple others (shockingly) do not...

You take everything I say too serious. Lighten up.

Chad Ford's mock draft has Darius going #23 to Houston.

If that turns out to be more or less correct, Darius obviously made the right call. Looking forward to seeing the first legitimate NBA draft pick out of Michigan since, I don't know, Tractor Traylor in 1998?

Bernard Robinson was a 2nd round pick.

Jamal Crawford doesn't count as a Michigan basketball player.

Manny wasn't drafted.

Agreed. If he goes in the 1st round and gets a guaranteed contract, he made the correct decision by leaving. If he falls to the 2nd round, then in hindsight he should have stayed at least 1 more year.

The sad truth is that I don't take anything that you say seriously.

Then why can't you just shut up?

Tim Hardaway Jr. was invited by Team USA to try out for the U-19 national team. They will participate in the world championships this July in Latvia.

Twitter

USA Basketball invited 17 players to try out for the U-19 national team that'll play in the World Championships in Latvia this July. List:
Allen Crabbe (Cal), Tim Hardaway Jr (Michigan), Joe Jackson (Memphis), Jeremy Lamb (UConn), Meyers Leonard (Illinois), Doug McDermott (Iowa)

Chad Ford's mock draft has Darius going #23 to Houston.

If that turns out to be more or less correct, Darius obviously made the right call. Looking forward to seeing the first legitimate NBA draft pick out of Michigan since, I don't know, Tractor Traylor in 1998?

Bernard Robinson was a 2nd round pick.

Jamal Crawford doesn't count as a Michigan basketball player.

Manny wasn't drafted.

Seems as if he's moving up the boards. I think 23 might be his floor at this point. There's a dearth of PGs in this draft, especially ones that pass.

Goodbye Mr. Morris, best of luck on future projects .... it's time to look ahead.

The best college basketball team in the state got some good news today :classic:

Per Rivals.com, SF Glenn Robinson III got an extra star and is now a 4*, and the #50 overall prospect.

He is currently the #5 prospect in the state of Indiana. He was previously a 3-star, ranked #118.

SG Nick Stauskas also got an extra star - now 4*, and is now ranked #89, up from #106.

Thats awesome news about Robinson III, I was hoping he would be upgraded. I really like what Beilien is developing. Lets see how the Burke responds this year.

yeah I have to admit, after seeing who else is in this draft Morris probably made the right decision coming out. Still a stupid move though in that he should have stayed 4 years because college basketball is better than the pros

yeah I have to admit, after seeing who else is in this draft Morris probably made the right decision coming out. Still a stupid move though in that he should have stayed 4 years because college basketball is better than the pros

college basketball is a joke, especially compared to the pros.

Morris did the right thing. Anyone who is going to be drafted in the first round should come out.

Thats awesome news about Robinson III, I was hoping he would be upgraded. I really like what Beilien is developing. Lets see how the Burke responds this year.

Robinson III reminds me a bit of Bernard Robinson Jr. Very good athlete, maybe a better ballhandler than BRob, but his shot needs some work.

college basketball is a joke, especially compared to the pros.

Yes, but I like Michigan and not [a random NBA team] so he should have stayed for four years

BRIEFLY: The altercation and verbal jarring between Lucas and Michigan guard Darius Morris in the season finale at Crisler Arena is in the past. Morris made a brief visit to Las Vegas, where Lucas is working out, and they connected. "It was cool," Morris said. "He actually walked up and gave me a high-five and talked. There's no hard feelings."

Can't we all just get along? :happy:

Michigan State's Kalin Lucas, Durrell Summers not at NBA predraft combine | Detroit Free Press | freep.com