Gehringer_2

Why don't the Tigers love Sizemore?

The Tigers sent down Sizemore because:  

67 members have voted

1. 1. The Tigers sent down Sizemore because:

• Carlos is coming back, and they think sending down a 'settled in' Sizemore would be worse for him
    • They believe Rhymes is just a better player right now
    • There are clubhouse issues unknown to public
    • They want the "#2 type" hitter even at less OPS than Sizemore
    • They believe his defense is not up to MLB std or not good enough to play next to Peralta
    • Something in his approach makes them believe his MiLB hitting is not going to carry over

My question becomes this. Can Raburn be similar to Dan Uggla on D

Dan Uggla is not very good at defense. And there were plenty of guys here who were in favor of acquiring him this off-season.

Now, do I think Raburn could hit 30+ HR's? Probably not. Could he play Uggla type D or better, and hit 20+ HR's? Yes, I do. If Sizemore's not the guy for JL at 2b, then let it be Raburn. Just get Rhymes out of the lineup and off the 25 man roster.

How much choice does a GM have? He can put guys on the roster, but if the manager isn't a fan of those guys, they aren't going to play. I'd put it that if a GM and manager have so divergent a sense of who in their org is a major league player that they disagree deeply on roster decisions, the GM should have fired the manager, and the owner should have fired the GM for not using the judgment he was hired to exercise.

I absolutely agree on this one. And for the reasons cited above, maybe it is time for one, or both of them to go.

I've gotten to the point where I hope they trade Sizemore for a useful/semi useful player since it's obvious they're just leaving him to moulder in Toldeo.

+1

In 72 ABs Sizemore has 30 hits and 9 extra base hits. In 237 ABs the top of our order has 43 hits and 7 extra base hits. Its a no brainer and Leyland doesnt see it. How can you be such a moron? One guy is out producing 3 and he cant get a call up?

.417/.500/.597/1.097 vs .206/.315/.222/.537... ONE extra base hit.

tough choice.

In 72 ABs Sizemore has 30 hits and 9 extra base hits. In 237 ABs the top of our order has 43 hits and 7 extra base hits. Its a no brainer and Leyland doesnt see it. How can you be such a moron? One guy is out producing 3 and he cant get a call up?

Well, Sizemore is hitting against AAA pitching, not major league pitching, but I agree he should be back in Detroit. Have they truly given up on him completely?

Has anyone in the media asked this question of Leyland/Dombrowski? And I'm not talking hem-hawing around it. But just bluntly ask "its May now, Sizemore is raking, Rhymes has stunk, whadya think about maybe making a change?"

Has anyone in the media asked this question of Leyland/Dombrowski? And I'm not talking hem-hawing around it. But just bluntly ask "its May now, Sizemore is raking, Rhymes has stunk, whadya think about maybe making a change?"

I'd bet good, green money that JL's response would be along the lines of him mumbling something like "I'm not going to talk about that [scott Sizemore]" and "Will Rhymes is my 2nd baseman right now".

Well, Sizemore is hitting against AAA pitching, not major league pitching, but I agree he should be back in Detroit. Have they truly given up on him completely?

So what you are saying is that Sizemore and Rhymes are both not hitting ML pitching?

Perhaps they don't want to expose his weaknesses and destroy his trade value by calling him up? :pirate:

So what you are saying is that Sizemore and Rhymes are both not hitting ML pitching?

Nice.

Things Don Kelly has won in his career:

7th grade spelling bee

First Place - Sack Race, Kelly Family Reunion 1997

Jim Leyland Player of the Year Award 2010