Corky

Jake Peavy suffers rehab setback

Spring training 2011: Chicago White Sox pitcher Jake Peavy has rotator cuff tendinitis - ESPN Chicago

Jake Peavy Suffers Rehab Setback

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The positive momentum surrounding Jake Peavy's recovery from surgery hit a snag Sunday as the Chicago White Sox shut down the right-handed pitcher with rotator cuff tendinitis.

Peavy, who is on anti-inflammatories, will be reassessed Monday. If he's unable to make his scheduled start Thursday against the Chicago Cubs, it's doubtful he'll be on the opening day roster.

Manager Ozzie Guillen was optimistic Peavy would start the season with the White Sox after Peavy threw 83 pitches Saturday. It was his longest outing of spring training as he continues to rehab from surgery last summer to reattach his latissimus dorsi muscle.

Not only has Peavy been rehabbing from surgery, he's also been battling a stomach virus that kept him bed-ridden for two days last week.

Hate to see a good pitcher out for even longer, but I sure hope the Tigers take advantage of it and put some games between them and the Sox. Their rotation just took a big hit.

will Chicago fans burn Peavy jerseys like they burned Cutler jerseys? Probably not but that does kinda signify the type of city it is.

Feel bad for him, but not the White Sox. Screw the Sox.

Screw the White Sox fans. The only Sox player I don't like is Pierzynski. It's their fans that make me dislike the team.

I don't like to see a player go down with an injury but at the same time it is a positive for the rest of the AL Central teams.

I hope he recovers well enough to have a good life living out his days in some beach house thinking of ways to spend his money.

He can't pitch?

.....GOOD.

Sucks about Peavy. I keep waiting for him to regain what he had in SD and I just don't know if it'll ever happen.

The only things I have against the White Sox is their fans, Harrelson and Pierzynski. I actually like Ozzie Guillen a lot and think he's far and away the most entertaining manager in MLB - this era's Billy Martin. I also like Ken Williams and think he's a very effective GM who takes some risks (Peavy, Rios, Dunn.) It's a good team, and without question the biggest reason I want them to lose is because they're in the AL Central. Other than that, there are teams I hate much much more.

Their fans though are awful rabid apes. Really.

MLB Network had some good analysis of his delivery and why he has arm problems. Never noticed how he recoils after he releases the ball. No wonder his rotator-cuff is cuffed...

Hope he can work on that and get back on the mound...but not until about July when the Sox are about 15 games back...

Screw the White Sox fans. The only Sox player I don't like is Pierzynski. It's their fans that make me dislike the team.

I don't like to see a player go down with an injury but at the same time it is a positive for the rest of the AL Central teams.

Come on, Biff, it's not too late to get on board...

2011 Advertising | AJ Pierzynski and teammates are "All In" in 2011 - Video | whitesox.com: Multimedia