JonBenke

Second Round: #8 Michigan v #1 Duke

I decided to go with the same theme...

Truth be told, I had something I was working on for this, but this isn't about Jalen Rose and Grant Hill, so I stopped and kept it simple, like the first round. That doesn't mean Grant Hill can't scratch the winner, of course.

:bandit:

Duke will be about as effective as Grant Hill in a having two functioning knees contest, Michigan wins by 30

I decided to go with the same theme...

Truth be told, I had something I was working on for this, but this isn't about Jalen Rose and Grant Hill, so I stopped and kept it simple, like the first round. That doesn't mean Grant Hill can't scratch the winner, of course.

:bandit:

Why is it that all of these legendary graphics that you spend 'months' working on for the specific purpose of posting in the game thread, never make it into the game thread (and are never posted at all)?

I entered the thread just to see what the graphic would be.

Sorry if you're disappointed .. I am a little, though like I said, this isn't about Jalen Rose or Grant Hill.

I like the theme we're working with here, and hopefully, this won't be the last one :paranoid:

Why is it that all of these legendary graphics that you spend 'months' working on for the specific purpose of posting in the game thread, never make it into the game thread (and are never posted at all)?

I'd really like if I could just post and share stuff, and that'd be the end of it, but, ugh ... yeah.

Okay. This is what I do. It's not all I do .. yet, though illustrating and designing stuff is more than just a hobby to me. It's something I take very serious, it's something I enjoy sharing, and it's something I'm pretty good at. I'm always working on something. Right now, I am working on the start of what could be a comic book series, and I just happen to be illustrating the kid flippin' the ole double birds, when I began to laugh, thinking that this would be a cool graphic for the Michigan game thread, as I thought of you and of all the others that find it funny to mock what it is that I do. Most are pretty small jabs, though you really try extra hard to be funny, and yet, it almost always fails. Just saying... Oh, and one of the many things I design is t-shirts, and have been for a few years now, and someone asked me - maybe a year or so back - for a few Michigan football and Michigan State football designs for last season, which I did ... oddly enough, the best ones were the MSU ones, though I think that comes from the fact that a spartan warrior gives more to work with, but that's nor here nor there...

Anyway, so while working on said designs, I decided to take what I have done, tweak 'em a little, and make graphics for the game threads. The graphics I worked on, I was working on for a few months, bein' they were all pretty detailed and all that, though that's the joke you try and burn me with, and the one you constantly fail with. Yes, I came home one night ---- very late, and saw that SpartanValor already posted the Michigan/Michigan State football game thread, and while tired and not really in that good of a mood .. I went off and made a post about how upset I was, which I can understand - now, that it really wasn't that big of a deal, and I could have and should have just posted what I made, but in the moment of being upset, I deleted what I saved. It really pissed me off, and what upset me even more ... is that no one here really appreciates this small thing I try and share with this place, which at the time .. again .. pissed me off, though it's something I just shrug off now. Oh, and let me be the first to say --- this post doesn't belong here, it could have been a simple PM, though for some reason, you're just not getting it, so I hope this helps you and ends the constant asking.

Edited by JonBenke

Wonder what the line is? Duke by double digits?

Duke -11.5

Accuscore, which is the company that ESPN uses in their projections has Duke winning 85% of the time with 65% chance of a Duke big win (10+ pt)

Duke will be about as effective as Grant Hill in a having two functioning knees contest, Michigan wins by 30

Well that doesn't sound good, Grant Hill's knees are in great shape.

Sorry if you're disappointed .. I am a little, though like I said, this isn't about Jalen Rose or Grant Hill.

I like the theme we're working with here, and hopefully, this won't be the last one :paranoid:

I wasn't disappointed.

I got a real good laugh at the first game's graphic, so it lured me into this thread. It reflects well on your graphic. That was all I was expressing.

I am going to watch this game and hope for the best, which means staying within 10.

Not feeling real good about this one.

If your team is not good enough to play in the National Championship game the next best thing is playing the best team in the tournament. It beats losing to a #7 seed like UCLA. At least you can see how you stack up against the best at season's end.

I think Michigan will play hard but still get their hineys handed to them.

Duke 85 Michigan 68.

Well that doesn't sound good, Grant Hill's knees are in great shape.

Exactly, and Michigan wins by 30 anyway. Now imagine if I'd said ankle instead of knee...why it would be a 50 point margin at least

So how soon will Jordan Morgan get into foul trouble? This is one of my biggest concerns going into the game. If Morgan is out for the majority of the first half, like he always is, then it could get scary.

I also hope the team worked on inbounds passing yesterday. You know Duke is going to put pressure on Michigan after seeing what Tennessee did.