JonBenke

First Round: #8 Michigan v #9 Tennesee

How often do you go a whole game without making a single free throw as a team?

And when you do, how often do you win?

The answer is, BTW, never in the history of the tournament.

I love that we have to play Duke, in Charlotte NC ... that's awesome!

While there is no doubt there will be a lot of dukies in the house I am hoping the fans of other teams playing on Sunday will cheer for UM

WTF are they having a West bracket game in Charlotte NC for? That's a crock. The NCAA is so crooked they are just lucky people love their sports so much here to put up with crap like this.

Benke, I figured it out, and it's very clever. Nice job.

I had to redeem myself after the countless zings, especially from you and a few others :bandit:

I went into work tonight, and my boss .. huge SEC fan .. didn't even let me get a word out, before---

They quit!

I was like ... yea, but it's not as if they could do much to stop Michigan anyway:)

WTF are they having a West bracket game in Charlotte NC for? That's a crock. The NCAA is so crooked they are just lucky people love their sports so much here to put up with crap like this.

Because by the time they get to the Sweet 16 next week the teams from Charlotte will be playing out west. It makes sense I finally figured it out this year.

It's this stupid "pod system" thing they came up with a few years ago. Given the way the NCAA's true motivations have been coming out the last year or so, I think that their travel cost excuse was BS, it was just a way to keep their rule about not playing at your home court, but basically giving their favorites home games anyway.

And they've homogenized all the courts as well. Some of these places have their own character(McKale Center, for example) that the NCAA just ripped right out of there. Kind of like how they stopped using Vandy's gym when Nashville hosted games. Now it's at the Predators rink, which has all the feel of a steel room...

I love that we have to play Duke, in Charlotte NC ... that's awesome!

They reward the higher seeds, Florida playing in St Pete, Ohio St in Cleveland and Notre Dame in Chicago among others. Its like that every year, nothing new

Yeah, but still .. my point being .. it only makes the chances of an upset that much smaller.

EDIT: but it should be fun, I can't wait ... house money, and no stress on us to win the game:)

Edited by JonBenke

The first two rounds aren't purely geographically based with the region anymore with the "pod system". They try to reward the higher seeds with games closer to home. It's not until the Sweet 16 that locations are geographically based.

And I agree that the tourney had a much better feel when the games were actually played in the host school's gym like The Pit in New Mexico or Vandy's gym. Now they are played at neutral sites like NBA or NHL arenas and "hosted" by whatever school is closest.

Edited by T.O. Tiger Fan

I was hoping Benke would have the Michigan Duke thread up. I hate Duke.

That graphic must've been banned. Thread or no thread, here's hoping for an upset in favor of the Big 10/11+1.

The first two rounds aren't purely geographically based with the region anymore with the "pod system". They try to reward the higher seeds with games closer to home. It's not until the Sweet 16 that locations are geographically based.

Here a few oddities that I noticed this first weekend:

First was yesterday. I watched the OSU-UTSA game in Cleveland on TBS. Then, the Marquette-Xavier game in Cleveland was broadcast on TRU. Maybe its just me (and it probably is), but it just seems strange to have different stations carrying the games out of the same location, even with the full understanding that all four stations are basically one superstation carrying all of the games.

Second is the scheduling for today's games. Cincy & UConn play in Washington, DC @ 9:40p tonight. Meanwhile, Gonzaga & BYU play in Denver @ 7:45p. I would think that the scheduling would have been worked out to get east coast games featuring eastern time zone teams over before midnight local time if there were games out west featuring western teams tipping off before 6pm local time.

Michigan's game against Duke is at 2:45 tomorrow on CBS

Long day tomorrow, I have to drive back to the U.P. tomorrow, I hate leaving Ann Arbor, one of my favorite places to be.

I am will be jacked up for the game tomorrow, excited for Sunday tomorrow.