SpartanValor

First Round: Michigan State @ UCLA

A little mean regression didn't seem out of line, particularly in that context.

Yeah, but you have to hit those though ... oh well, they survived.

Nice comeback by State. He did travel...but I am very surprised that it was called.

Right call, but then again even if its not called doesnt make a difference. Lucas still got his shot off (at replay it looks like he didnt even realize there was a whistle until after he shot it). He wasnt going to make that shot anyway. Also find it funny, going on the call/no call end of game stuff, that I got multiple texts/fb messages from MSU fans complaining they didnt call a foul on UCLA when Lucas jacked that half court 3. First I think most fail to grasp that the travel was before that, and second there was nothing there that could have been called on a halfcourt 3 for a win.

But you have to tip your cap to State, State played well down the stretch, made it interesting (with the help of an almost epic choke by UCLA). State started hitting some shots and Lucas finally scored a little bit. In all I feel kind of bad for Lucas, after his SO year and last year the way this season played out and the way the last game played out for him are not how you want to see him go out.

Edited by Johnny Mac

Right call, but then again even if its not called doesn't make a difference.

Funny, in the NBA .. this doesn't get called, though it did look like he hesitated for a second at the whistle.

That said, I highly doubt he makes the shot ... agreed.

Q; did Lucas "return" for his senior year for this? Was there any talk of him going pro last year?

Funny, in the NBA .. this doesn't get called, though it did look like he hesitated for a second at the whistle.

That said, I highly doubt he makes the shot ... agreed.

Q; did Lucas "return" for his senior year for this? Was there any talk of him going pro last year?

He never had much of a draft grade I dont think, never more than a high 2nd. He was also hurt going into offseason so I think it was never an option. Probably was more likely after his SO year than last year. He is borderline to get drafted at all now if you follow mock drafts. Better college player than a pro prospect.

I also thought it looked like Lucas hesitated with the whistle...That said, shot's got about a 1% chance of falling, and as noted, the travel happened and was the right call.

Lost in all the hullabaloo, I did notice that Green posted another triple-double.

Lucas was VERY emotional in the post-game presser. Hard to see him go out like this.

...and when it count there at the end, what were they ... 1 for 6, or something like that.

All free throws count.

I was sitting there in row M, lower section, after sneaking down from the club level during that snoozer of a Florida game.

I have to say, I was both disappointed and impressed with the team, at the same time. Either way, it turned out to be really really exciting at the end. Time to let go and move on.

BTW, I was surrounded by a couple obnoxious fans calling BS on everything, so it was hard to tell, but it seemed like the refs missed more than a few calls in the first half. Did anyone at home notice any "inconsistencies"?

Oh, and to those who think Izzo shouldn't have called TO with 35+ on the clock ... you're wrong.

That was the right call, just happen that they ran out of time is all.

I don't remember seeing any comments about timeouts except mine. My comment was directed at the timeout taken after the 3 with 4.4 seconds left.

When they blew the whistle I thought they were calling a foul for the UCLA player reaching in on a freaking half court shot and I was ready to come on here and go ballistic at him for being that stupid.

Really surprised they called a travel in that situation

I think you guys will be surprised how much better you are next season when the ball goes through Green on offense instead of Lucas. I don't think Lucas was ever willing to be the 2nd guy to Green and the offense suffered because of it. Great comeback by Sparty though, wish I hadn't fallen asleep in the lazy boy 5 minutes into the 2nd half

Good game in the end, but I agree with Kenny Smith. How do you let a team foul before the inbound with no penalty? Why wouldn't you if you can get them to the FT line with no time coming off the clock? MSU made a nice comeback, but overall, they just didn't play well and weren't good this year. Summers turned into a *****, they missed Allen's defensive energy and their bigs were too inconsistent. I'm a big Green fan and Lucas got going at the end of the year, but other than that they didn't have it.

Nice comeback by State. He did travel...but I am very surprised that it was called.

its not like the shot went in

Thank god the season is finally over. And i have zero respect for lucious or allen and how their selfish actions ruined at least one career/legacy.

Might take a couple years to get back to the final four, but i like our core of players these next few years.

Green may have gotten another triple double but my god is he frustrating to watch. Interesting to hear rexrode say that lucas hugging green in the lockerroom was a big deal. More drama? Cripes.

Thank god the season is finally over. And i have zero respect for lucious or allen and how their selfish actions ruined at least one career/legacy.

Might take a couple years to get back to the final four, but i like our core of players these next few years.

Green may have gotten another triple double but my god is he frustrating to watch. Interesting to hear rexrode say that lucas hugging green in the lockerroom was a big deal. More drama? Cripes.

How'd Match day go?

BTW, I was surrounded by a couple obnoxious fans calling BS on everything, so it was hard to tell, but it seemed like the refs missed more than a few calls in the first half. Did anyone at home notice any "inconsistencies"?

Sounds a lot like my uncle.....But nope, refs were fine that game.

How'd Match day go?

Good thanks. Im Staying at my home program, which is nice in a lot of ways. And best yet, i get a paycheck come july! Wooooo

Good thanks. Im Staying at my home program, which is nice in a lot of ways. And best yet, i get a paycheck come july! Wooooo

Congrats!