SpartanValor

First Round: Michigan State @ UCLA

I just can't see MSU winning this game. I'll take UCLA by 5.

I took the Spartans (actually took them to win a couple) but it was much more heart than head. If Lee is truly "healthy" enough to bring his A defensive game...We'll be hard-pressed to match up with their backcourt length and pressure.

I still think fewest turnovers wins tonight. Unless one team shoots the ball waaay out of character (as in, well) from the perimeter. Should be a pretty decent game though.

Down 15 - looking about as bad as possible. Thank you Allen and Lucious for being wastes of life. Looks like this abortion of a season will be done very shortly.

Not surprised in the least.

Too many people seemed to believe in the MSU of the past than of the present while filling out their bracket this year.

MSU still has time to get it together but I picked UCLA for a reason

I think MSU messed up taking their last timeout after that 3. A missed free throw is going to make them go the length of the court and get a shot off in under 4 seconds.

Pretty good heart to battle back in the final 8 minutes...If nothing else the team kept fighting for the entire season.

Just didn't have the quality back-court depth to make a legit March run, let alone slog through a B10 Season. We essentially closed out the year with 8 scholarship players (5 of them post players)...It is what it is. The better roster certainly came out on top tonight. I thought Lucas might have some real problems with UCLA's wing length - that one played out to a 't'.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the roster shapes up for 2011-2012. The infusion of a bunch of very athletic length should mean good things for the defense. Offensively, we're going to be very young with a new pg...Very well might even struggle to achieve this season's statistical efficiency, which obviously wasn't a banner year. Regardless, I think Izzo will have a renewed vigor and appreciate not having to kick, scratch and fight to motivate key parts of his roster.

Well, that was a great comeback and showed we have a ton of heart. I'm proud of the guys for that. I'm also happy that run happened that so Kalin and Durrell didn't go out in a blowout. I will have great memories from those guys' careers...

...this long, frustrating season is finally over. I'm both saddened the season is done, but a little relieved that I get some time off from the team. This has been brutal.

Next year will be really interesting - not many expectations, but should be a lot of fun. A huge infusion of either red shirt freshmen or true freshmen (Byrd, Gauna, Kearney, Dawson, Trice & Anderson). Have no idea how many of the last four will red shirt - but that is a lot of young talent right there. Add in Appling and Payne and we got some good young players.

Next year will still be a major struggle down low unless Nix and Sherman make some major strides this summer.

Nice comeback by State. He did travel...but I am very surprised that it was called.

More often than not - and obviously it's easy from the comfort of your hotel room - but MSU had 2 different players up the court all by their lonesome. More often that not in those situations, if the player receiving the outlet pass could take one dribble, attract the pile, and then pass the ball up the court - well, a good look would have been had.

Game effort nonetheless. I am really glad we kept the streak alive.

UCLA needs to work on their free throws -- wow!

Shot 68% for the season...64 for the game.

Shot 68% for the season...64 for the game.

...and when it count there at the end, what were they ... 1 for 6, or something like that.

Their horrrific free throwing shooting late sparked the MSU comeback, along with good 3-point looks/shooting.

Oh, and to those who think Izzo shouldn't have called TO with 35+ on the clock ... you're wrong.

That was the right call, just happen that they ran out of time is all.

...and when it count there at the end, what were they ... 1 for 6, or something like that.

Their horrrific free throwing shooting late sparked the MSU comeback, along with good 3-point looks/shooting.

Oh, and to those who think Izzo shouldn't have called TO with 35+ on the clock ... you're wrong.

That was the right call, just happen that they ran out of time is all.

They shot ft's essentially as well as they shot them all season long. I mean for 37 minutes they shot them better than they had throughout their season...A little mean regression didn't seem out of line, particularly in that context.