bighev

Miggy gets DUI

another thing to consider.... does this affect his Visa status?

Two misdemeanors?

Did they use a crayon to black those lines out? I wonder what his blood alcohol level was?

Same as his OPS, 1.040.

another thing to consider.... does this affect his Visa status?

According to what I found online, but it is just someone's own words- not official:

The DUI arrest or conviction won't directly affect your H1b status in the US. however, the next time you apply to renew your visa or any other visa, you will be required to get a medical examination to consider whether or not this reflects addictive behavior on your part and whether it is likely to occur again. If the medical doctor determines that it does, your visa will be denied. that doesn't happen often at all, but if you get any more DUIs on your record, it raises the odds that it will.

Did they use a crayon to black those lines out? I wonder what his blood alcohol level was?

He refused to the breathe test, how do they determine it after that?

He refused to the breathe test, how do they determine it after that?

Blood or urine test at the station? I'm actually not too sure, never been in that position.

This is the quote that's scary to me....."you don’t know anything about my problems". Miggy definitely has some issues going on. If he wasn't referring to the drinking, than who knows whats going on in this guys life.

Any chance the Tiger beat writers kidnapped him, plowed him with alcohol and left him in on the side of the road to heighten the relatively tame spring training storylines?

Hey Eric, is James Buchanan good Scotch or no?

I'd say JB is on the lower end. Comparable to Glennfiddich. Nothing wrong with it, but Cabby could do way better.

Do alchoholics ever "stop"?

Some actually do, but not until they truly accept the fact that they can't control it. If they go to rehab or try to get clean for legal reasons or for the sake of someone else, it usually doesn't hold. If they go get clean becasue they themselves want to - they'll have a better chance.

And unlike what my former radio co-host says - there is no such thing as an ex-alcoholic. If you are an alcoholic you are an alcoholic for life. Even if you don't take a drink for 20 years, you are still not an ex-alcoholic.

What I hate about this isn't so much that he's drinking (shocker), it's the negative attention it brings to the Tiger's organizational. It twists the arms of Leyland/ Dombrowski to have to act as the parent and pseudo-rectify the situation. Then, of course, the threads all over the MLB are starting. Yankees of course love this-

Miguel Cabrera Arrested for DUI

According to the radio this morning on the drive in there wer eno charges of drunk driving. And thd the fact that Cabrera said 'I am going to kill him!' referring to an unknown person leaves too many holes for me to say the dude has a drinking problem. irresponsible yes, drinking problem? Not even close...at least not just from these reports.

Cracks me up when people immediately judge someone else on things they have no REAL idea on.

Maybe someone else was driving and took off before the cops pulled up? Maybe Cabrera did the responsible thing and had someone drive him and then they took off? Drinking IN the car and INFRONT of the cop was moronic, but we have all (those of us who enjoy the alcohols anyway) done stupid things while drunk. I have a few stories as I am sure everyone else on here does. We are not being paid millions though and in the public eye so I agree it is a news story. I just dont like to judge until I have all the facts.

HUGE buzzkill for me this morning though. I Hope it doesnt affect him this year. And no offense to anyone, but if he goes on to have another MVP type year....I personally dont give 2 craps what he does in the offseason. He is not my role model, he will not be my kids role model.....no athlete ever will...

I'd say JB is on the lower end. Comparable to Glennfiddich. Nothing wrong with it, but Cabby could do way better.

The silver lining here is Miguel is fiscally responsible. I hate it when athletes go bankrupt.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

If he is drinking it out of the bottle, why bother with anything better?

Edited by Walt

"Jose"? It's like the guy has an identity crisis: Miguel is the guy who plays first base at a Hall of Fame level; Jose is the guy who drinks cheap scotch out of the bottle while being arrested for DUI.

Is this really a DUI? I think there's a lot of speculation and jumping to conclusions going on here...

It sounds like the car was broken down after a night of partying and Cabrera was ditched. I'm sure they can nail him on a bevy of charges but it doesn't seem like DUI is one of them.

What I hate about this isn't so much that he's drinking (shocker), it's the negative attention it brings to the Tiger's organizational. It twists the arms of Leyland/ Dombrowski to have to act as the parent and pseudo-rectify the situation. Then, of course, the threads all over the MLB are starting. Yankees of course love this-

Miguel Cabrera Arrested for DUI

I think it forces the organization into insisting that they be more involved in his rehab. Other than that, I don't think it impacts the organization all that much.

I couldn't care less what other boards have to state about this. And not that it matters, but it isn't as if virtually every other team doesn't have a player who got negative publicity at some point.

If he is drinking it pit of the bottle, why bother with anything better?

Good point. I m shocked he would have anything less than a Balvenie 15 year. If you are a millionare and your drinking scotch, why JB?

Maybe Mr. Bigs is right, Cabby is being fiscally responsible.