SpartanValor

2011 Michigan State Football

A year old, but somewhat helpful:

Projected Football Roster - The Only Colors

For their 2011 list, I'd put Tyler Hoover across from Will Gholston at DE. Seems like those might be the two starting ends.

I agree with what the link has listed for DBs, STs, WR, TE, OL. Although Ethan Ruhland needs to be in the mix somewhere....its hard to predict the starters there. And Trenton Robinson is going to be playing over Jairus Jones I would imagine.

Thanks for that, do you agree with the WR depth I posted? Im not sure since a lot of those guys havent had much PT yet. Also any players who have gotten a lot better from last year to this year that should get a big ratings boost in the game (especially guys on the oline, dline etc where its hard to tell by stats, like I know Bell will get a big boost at RB). I know you may not know their ratings from last year, just guys who you think have improved a lot who were probably rated lowly last year.

Thanks for that, do you agree with the WR depth I posted? Im not sure since a lot of those guys havent had much PT yet. Also any players who have gotten a lot better from last year to this year that should get a big ratings boost in the game (especially guys on the oline, dline etc where its hard to tell by stats, like I know Bell will get a big boost at RB). I know you may not know their ratings from last year, just guys who you think have improved a lot who were probably rated lowly last year.

I agree with your WRs. I've heard a lot of raving about Lippett...

Heard a rumor that Treadwell might move back to OL. Have no idea if thats true, I have my doubts.

I'd be guessing if I tried to tell you who would start next to Norman and Bullough at LB. Denicos Allen saw a fair amount of PT this year, but that might have been more in the nickle package, I don't recall.

Henry Conway would probably start on OL if healthy, but I don't think he will be. Will have to follow that over the spring and summer. Heard very good things about him before him needing surgery.

A lot of positive things were said about Isaiah Lewis (and Mylan Hicks, who got a RS last year).

My guess at RS's:

Hicks

Sadler

Lippett

Nick Hill

Mumphrey

Drummond

Langford

Palazeti - you don't have him listed at FB

Hamilton

Rush

Kruse

Sanders

Jackson

Dennis

Kamm

Schofner

Gleichert

Calero

Just my guesses.

LTA would know much more about this than myself.

MICHIGAN STATE

Start of spring practice: March 22

Spring game: April 30

The spring game is a week later than it was last year, and two weeks later than Michigan's spring game (latest in the big ten, actually). Hoping for better weather? Last year was cold and rainy...

I found a couple other sites, and that coupled with the ones in this thread I have a rough draft of the OL and DEF depth I have so far...again let me know if anything is glaringly wrong. I also know a couple players arent listed (you can only use 70 on ncaa 11 anyway, so ill have to cut a few more), but let me know if someone who is going to get some serious PT is missing

BTW it was a brutal mess trying to sort through the OL depth, every site I check had it different

LT

79 David Barrent RS SO

70 Skyler Schofner RS FR

Donavon Clark FR

LG

67 Joel Foreman SR

63 Travis Jackson RS FR

C

72 Nate Klatt RS SO

68 Ethan Ruhland JR

Jack Allen FR

RG

62 Chris McDonald JR

60 Micajay Reynolds RS SO

Brandon Clemons FR

RT

75 Jared McGaha SR

Fou Fonoti JR

65 Michael Dennis RS FR

LE

91 Tyler Hoover JR

52 Denzel Drone RS SO

Joel Heath FR

Damon Knox FR

RE

2 William Gholston SO

55 Corey Freeman JR

94 Taylor Calero RS FR

Shilique Calhoun FR

DT

99 Jerel Worthy JR

96 Kevin Pickelman SR or

93 Blake Treadwell JR

98 Anthony Rashad White JR

97 Dan France RS SO

Matthew Ramondo FR

Mark Scarpinato FR

OLB

28 Denicos Allen RS SO

50 Steve Gardiner JR

Ed Davis FR

Darien Harris FR

MLB

40 Max Bullough SO

Lawrence Thomas FR

OLB

10 Chris Norman JR

47 Jeremy Gainer RS SO

Taiwan Jones FR

CB

5 Johnny Adams JR

31 Darqueze Dennard SO

12 Dana Dixon RS SO

32 Mitchell White JR

2 Mylan Hicks RS FR

14 Tony Lippett RS FR (is he playing CB or WR, saw him listed as both)

16 Chris D Rucker SR

FS

39 Trenton Robinson SR

23 Jairus Jones RS SO

Arjen Colquhoun FR

SS

9 Isaiah Lewis SO

27 Kurtis Drummond RS FR

Trae Waynes FR

K

4 Dan Conroy JR

P

17 Kevin Muma RS SO (?)

Edited by Johnny Mac

Punter is Sadler. Muma did kickoffs last year.

I expect Mylan Hicks to be second on your CB depth chart, behind only Johnny Adams. He would have played over Dennard last year, but they didn't want to burn his RS. Hes going to be an outstanding player.

All of the other changes I would suggest are personal preference/prediction, so I won't even bother mentioning in February...:happy:

Punter is Sadler. Muma did kickoffs last year.

I expect Mylan Hicks to be second on your CB depth chart, behind only Johnny Adams. He would have played over Dennard last year, but they didn't want to burn his RS. Hes going to be an outstanding player.

All of the other changes I would suggest are personal preference/prediction, so I won't even bother mentioning in February...:happy:

Thanks for the help, Ill prob work on the editing today when I get done with class. You have a PS3 right? Ill post the rosters online if you want it when Im done, so far its just a named roster I downloaded towards end of season with FSU, UM and MSU rosters updated to next years team.

Sure, why not, thanks.

And Rivals agrees with my perspective on Denicos Allen:

Max Bullough figures to start in the middle flanked by Denicos Allen and Chris Norman.

Is this a Spartan fb player?

March 10, 1:40 a.m. — Officers responded to a report of a disturbance at the Regal. Maxwell Bullough, 19, Traverse, Mich., and Brian Linthicum, 23, Fallon, Ill., were arrested and transported to Pitkin County Jail. Bullough was charged with eluding police and underage possession of alcohol (18-20). Linthicum was charged with eluding police and third-degree assault.

link

Is this a Spartan fb player?

March 10, 1:40 a.m. — Officers responded to a report of a disturbance at the Regal. Maxwell Bullough, 19, Traverse, Mich., and Brian Linthicum, 23, Fallon, Ill., were arrested and transported to Pitkin County Jail. Bullough was charged with eluding police and underage possession of alcohol (18-20). Linthicum was charged with eluding police and third-degree assault.

link

Both are....Doesnt seem like too much, based on the charges it seems like Linthicum got in a bar fight and the two of them tried to split before the cops showed up.

Is Mr. Bullough related to the former coach? Seems like I've heard that somewhere.

Is Mr. Bullough related to the former coach? Seems like I've heard that somewhere.

i think his dad played for state and his grandfather played for ND or the other way around

What other sort of mask exists? Maybe it was a mardi gras celebration.

This still makes no offense, and sways away from the obvious ... the article.

EDIT: had this been about two UM players, you would've made a new thread and it'd have two pages already.

Well, it's a non story

"The matter is being handled internally and appropriate disciplinary action has been taken," Dantonio said in a statement.

I'm sure they've been punished severely.

Well, a very slight glimmer of good news for my fellow Spartan fans on this horrible night...

NCAA has denied the OSU player appeals to lessen their suspensions. Therefore, they most certainly will be missing the MSU game. Additionally, Tressel has volunteered to be suspended five games (meaning he'll be gone for MSU game).

I'd think most MSU fans would want Ohio State at their best.

...a lot of MSU fans would like to be repeat Big Ten champs as well.

...a lot of MSU fans would like to be repeat Big Ten champs as well.

You're bringing back most of your team, are you not? I think you'll be fine.

You're bringing back most of your team, are you not? I think you'll be fine.

True. To the original point, our chances of winning the Big Ten increase if we beat OSU. I would argue our chances at beating OSU in Columbus increase if they are missing their coach and some key players.

Frankly, if these guys were hurt, I'd be bummed since I'd want to play them. But, no, these players and their coach are cheaters. Screw 'em.

Yeah, but you never want a season where people say --- you only won cause of this or that, ya know.

It's unfortunate, though I see where you're coming from.